Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
That's kinda my point - if he was special, they wouldn't trade him. As of now, it looks like he's gonna be a smaller version of McCollum. Can you win big with that sort of a guy as a focal point of your offense? Good player, don't get me wrong but I don't think he moves the needle that far for the Knicks especially since he's gonna get paid big soon.
We're not getting Collin Sexton for him to be a franchise player :mjlol:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Nothing about his game says he a starting PG on a playoff team. I know we need a combo guard but Sexton would need to add to his game even then.:patrice:

To be honest the cavs were trash with Kyrie before bron got there.
Jokes aside come on now, you can’t compare how Sexton plays to Kyrie or how Kyrie ever played.
:stopitslime:
Lou Will didn’t put up Sextons numbers until he was a clipper. Almost ten years into his career. Either we built a culture in NY or we didn’t. We’re not building around Sexton. We’re bringing him into our establishing situation. That’s how the coaching staff is going to sell it. That’s not even to mention he’s the exact type of character guy this organization is leaning towards.
:sas2:
Same way they sold us on Rivers coming in and being a team vet.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Why are you trading for him then? He doesn't turn the Knicks into title contenders next year. You gonna give him a $170 mil extension, cause that's what he eligible for and will want. If you're bringing him here, he's a part of the furniture - not a stopgap.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
we made the playoffs with Elfrid Payton at pg taking 10 shots a game. i refuse to believe Sexton won’t help this team significantly more than he did.

What team do you put the Knicks ahead of next year? Bucks? Hell no. Hawks? I don't see it. Nets? Not even a discussion. Philly? Nope.

At best they're a middling playoff team. They're already that now. Add in the fact you're gonna have to give him well north of 150million dollars soon, as I stated, he doesn't move the needle much.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Why are you trading for him then? He doesn't turn the Knicks into title contenders next year. You gonna give him a $170 mil extension, cause that's what he eligible for and will want. If you're bringing him here, he's a part of the furniture - not a stopgap.
Scoring + help attract top free agents.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
What team do you put the Knicks ahead of next year? Bucks? Hell no. Hawks? I don't see it. Nets? Not even a discussion. Philly? Nope.

At best they're a middling playoff team. They're already that now. Add in the fact you're gonna have to give him well north of 150million dollars soon, as I stated, he doesn't move the needle much.
He ain't getting $150 mil. At best, he sees half of that if he's still starting.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Again - what are you doing with him when he wants his 160million dollar extension? If you then give him that extension, how are you signing top tier FAs?

If you're bringing Sexton here, he's part of the core.
He's young, he will develop further

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
22, averaging 24 PPG, improved all notable metrics every 3 years in the league.... he's getting paid.
Then why is anyone debating the idea of moving Obi or your other minor pieces to get him?

The concern with him is that his PPG is a product of his team and that he's better off as a Jamal Crawford-level guy off the bench. Crawford averaged 20.6 ppg for the Knicks one year as a starter, but he was more conducive to winning as a bench player. That might be how you use Sexton optimally.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Why do we have to give him that. He’s restricted. He can’t be a scrub nobody wants AND a player that’s going to command a max. We can match whatever a team offers.