Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I’d be fine with giving Knox, 21, and maybe a second round pick for next year. Giving Obi for sexton isn’t it, and I don’t even rate Obi that highly :hubie:

I'm kinda at that point. When you look at it on the face, why is one of the worst teams in the league looking to rid themselves of their best player who is 22? Big, big red flag.

If he costs essentially nothing to acquire, fine.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Saying y’all wouldn’t trade Obi Toppin in a deal for Sexton is WILD. Y’all
Already interested in Ball…that back court would maximize all of Sextons strengths while limiting his downside

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This motherfukker Sexton claps when he is fired up like Jennings too

giphy.gif

:russ:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Brandon fukking Jennings :ufdup:

His best quality is he has a mean streak, just like Jennings if he hates the opponents his game will step up.

:hubie:

Lmao. Go look up Devin Bookers plus minus before last year.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm kinda at that point. When you look at it on the face, why is one of the worst teams in the league looking to rid themselves of their best player who is 22? Big, big red flag.

If he costs essentially nothing to acquire, fine.
They’re going to draft Jalen Green. It’s either trade Garland (who’s probably a better fit) and pay Sexton, or trade Sexton and keep cap flexibility. The reason he’s so cheap is because of how bad the Cavs have been as an organization. Its literally like us and Kristaps except he had real injury and off the court issues. We got more for KP than the Cavs will get for Sexton.

Last edited:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Having the same argument elsewhere and I’ll say the same thing. Don’t compare a 6’1 SG to 6’5 SG. One guys has the height to get nice the other because of his height needs to come in nicer than most.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
They’re going to draft Jalen Green. It’s either trade Garland (who’s probably a better fit) and pu Sexton, or trade Sexton and keep cap flexibility. The reason he’s so cheap is because of how bad the Cavs have been as an organization. Its literally like us and Kristaps except he had real injury and off the court issues. We got more for KP than the Cavs will get for Sexton.
Please don’t compare this trade to the KP trade, with us being in the Mavs position.

:snoop:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They’re going to draft Jalen Green. It’s either trade Garland (who’s probably a better fit) and pu Sexton, or trade Sexton and keep cap flexibility. The reason he’s so cheap is because of how bad the Cavs have been as an organization. Its literally like us and Kristaps except he had real injury and off the court issues. We got more for KP than the Cavs will get for Sexton.

That's kinda my point - if he was special, they wouldn't trade him. As of now, it looks like he's gonna be a smaller version of McCollum. Can you win big with that sort of a guy as a focal point of your offense? Good player, don't get me wrong but I don't think he moves the needle that far for the Knicks especially since he's gonna get paid big soon.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I don't care about the +/-, the Cavs being a perennial loser during his career, etc - my issue is that it's painfully obvious to see the cycle this kind of player cut from the Lou Will/Schroder cloth goes through.

He's talented and only 22, so he's gonna be making substantial money and getting substantial minutes when his game is best suited for a 6th man role. While he's a focal point of your team your ceiling's gonna be severely capped, and it's not until this player embraces that 6th man role and reduced salary that he helps a contender win.

I'd love to be wrong and for Sexton to come in and help the team take that next step but the writing's on the wall.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That's kinda my point - if he was special, they wouldn't trade him. As of now, it looks like he's gonna be a smaller version of McCollum. Can you win big with that sort of a guy as a focal point of your offense? Good player, don't get me wrong but I don't think he moves the needle that far for the Knicks especially since he's gonna get paid big soon.
we made the playoffs with Elfrid Payton at pg taking 10 shots a game. i refuse to believe Sexton won’t help this team significantly more than he did.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't care about the +/-, the Cavs being a perennial loser during his career, etc - my issue is that it's painfully obvious to see the cycle this kind of player cut from the Lou Will/Schroder cloth goes through.

He's talented and only 22, so he's gonna be making substantial money and getting substantial minutes when his game is best suited for a 6th man role. While he's a focal point of your team your ceiling's gonna be severely capped, and it's not until this player embraces that 6th man role and reduced salary that he helps a contender win.

I'd love to be wrong and for Sexton to come in and help the team take that next step but the writing's on the wall.
Lou Will didn’t put up Sextons numbers until he was a clipper. Almost ten years into his career. Either we built a culture in NY or we didn’t. We’re not building around Sexton. We’re bringing him into our establishing situation. That’s how the coaching staff is going to sell it. That’s not even to mention he’s the exact type of character guy this organization is leaning towards.