Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Guys, Obi is gonna play 15 mins a game TOPS next season and injury aside, maybe for the next 5 years. What are we doing?
Thibs needs to get the fukk outta here with that then:mjtf:Dudes the 8th pick he should be playing alongside IQ and RJ:unimpressed:Randle needs to go to the 5 and our offense needs to look like we're in 2021:unimpressed:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Guys, Obi is gonna play 15 mins a game TOPS next season and injury aside, maybe for the next 5 years. What are we doing?

If what we saw in the post-season is any indication, I'm not trading him on any presumptions about minutes allotment. If he forces us into a decision about trading him or Randle, that'll be a good problem to have and would mean he's worth more than Sexton's value is right now. Even in these playoffs, Thibs started to experiment with Obi 4 and Randle 5 briefly. If Obi improves, then Thibs will find him extra minutes and the kid's work ethic was well regarded heading into the draft. I expect improvements.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I get why Sexton wouldn't register as a winning player but I think Cleveland is a really tough place to judge players on right now. Darius Garland feels slept on to me, Sexton feels like a dude who HAS to be a gunner because of the lack of talent around him. That said, even at his best he has a scorer's feel for the game rather than a playmaker's. He knows how to get buckets a lot more than he knows how to make players around him open. But I think that actually isn't the worst thing in Thibs' offense. We run a fairly simplistic set of plays with guys knowing where to make reads by design. The lead guard almost always starts plays on a swing pass which would mitigate some of the gunner mentality on initial sets.

That' mentality is the gift and the curse here. If Thibs can keep Sexton under control, then his competitive side is a huge edge. We already see that competitiveness in Randle and RJ both. This is a team of try-hards and Sexton fits the bill. He's improved after each offseason so far and you just don't get guys approaching 25 ppg on 48% from the field out of thin air. Maybe the most intriguing bit here is that Sexton is 22 years old. He's not gonna be a facilitator through and through, but he can be a third-scoring threat that can create his own buckets if Randle/RJ are struggling while also playing off-ball effectively when they're on.

He's not a guarantee, but he's a great buy-low candidate point blank. If we can snag him for an audition, he could really fit in with the young core and make it harder for defenses to play lopsided on the left side of the floor. He'd be EATING off the weak-side (right-side). He's worth an audition if we can buy-low.

Key word “buy low” but I hear you.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Actually, let me also say...

His performance against the Nets...

He probably is the most fearless player in the Nba and you can tell he DOES NOT accept anyone calling a game and saying he's not on the level of the opps.

He really takes that shyt personal, outs his rep and pride on the line and it translates to him taking shyt to another fukking level.

With Sexton... YOU'LL NEVER HAVE nikkaS ON THE OPPOSITE TEAM LAUGHING DURING A BLOWOUT AND DOING BOTTLE FLIPPING TRICKS IN THE GARDEN..

:mjlol:
you're doing a helluva job talking yourself into the move.
you dont move multiple picks and young players for a player that you're not gonna pay. Are you comfortable with the idea of locking in 29 million dollars of cap into colin sexton for the next 4-5 years if we pull the trigger.
colin being here would be stifling to IQ's development in my honest opinion.
his intensity is nice, but team building and correct fits with chemistry matters most.
I'm whatever on the idea of sexton. If kevin knox and a couple of picks was the barrier of entry I guess I'd do it.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think y'all want Quickley be your own Sexton, so pointless to pursue him, BUT

Sexton got heart, and sometimes that makes up for his in-game weaknesses.
Yea I agree quickley and sexton may be redundant and I’d like to see what we have with quickley. I see some of the qualities in quickley as I see in sexton but quickly was bad finishing at the rim. He’s going to have to improve on that.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think y'all want Quickley be your own Sexton, so pointless to pursue him, BUT

I agree I just don’t get it. It really only makes sense if the rumors they realized they won’t be able to move up and aren’t feeling the quality of guys at 19. Then add Obi makes even less sense because he is early in his rookie contract,

This could happen but it’s a weird move based on what we seen this team do.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think y'all want Quickley to be your own Sexton, so pointless to pursue him, BUT

What’s a better trade chip down the line for a bigger star? Obi behind Randle or Sexton with a true showcase next to talent?