Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:mjtf: :snoop:

@Ironman I was referring to post like this that would trade Obi, IQ or picks for worse.
giphy.webp
I saw Obi, Knox, a first :scust:I need someone stupid like the Kings to save us from ourselves :damn::damn::damn::damn:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I wouldn't give Obi and a first for Sexton, I feel like the trade rumors are all in-house to sell him. I'd wait to see how the draft falls before even dealing one of our picks for him (if we could get Mann at 19, I'd rather keep the pick for example). I'm in no rush to move Obi and I don't think Sexton should be commanding that type of price with an increase coming and the Cavs seeming ready to move on.

...but yeah, I'm definitely intrigued to see Sexton perform in a better situation and surrounded by better talent. He's got a chip on his shoulder that can look bad on a no-talent squad but it could work well by feeding off Randle and RJ. Sexton/Lonzo/RJ/Randle/Mitch is a tough squad if Thibs can get Sexton to defend. There's no pure playmaker but enough ball movement to split the work and with Rose off the bench, you have a fallback plan.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Note from Shams on the Athletic about the Knicks and Sexton this morning:

I wouldn't give Obi and a first for Sexton, I feel like the trade rumors are all in-house to sell him. I'd wait to see how the draft falls before even dealing one of our picks for him (if we could get Mann at 19, I'd rather keep the pick for example). I'm in no rush to move Obi and I don't think Sexton should be commanding that type of price with an increase coming and the Cavs seeming ready to move on.

...but yeah, I'm definitely intrigued to see Sexton perform in a better situation and surrounded by better talent. He's got a chip on his shoulder that can look bad on a no-talent squad but it could work well by feeding off Randle and RJ. Sexton/Lonzo/RJ/Randle/Mitch is a tough squad if Thibs can get Sexton to defend. There's no pure playmaker but enough ball movement to split the work and with Rose off the bench, you have a fallback plan.

Little background on this. Shams is likely not getting his info from the Knicks, they are butt buddies with Woj because CAA, so this is probably from the Cavs. Which means it could be a ploy to increase the price for others.

At least I hope it is...... Sexton just doesn't register as a winning player in my mind. I could be wrong but its based on what I have seen. He feels like a chucker. He could work as a six man but we already got IQ.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
y’all will see.

Sexton with Derrick Rose mentorship?!? :ohlawd:
Thibs building an offense around a constant attacking guard that can finish :ohlawd:

Randle finally having a guard that can punish teams for doubling him :ohlawd:

Listen, I actually really like the young bull.

It's just... We need him to buy in to being able yo facilitate. I am having a hard time seeing Sexton being able to buy into a system where Julius Randle...the best player on the team... should get the green light to rin the point forward at least half the time.

Is Sexton's shot good enough for Julius to work his magic, while Sexton is available for the catch and shoot?

We cringe but with real shooters, Julius is a fukking A1 asset.

If y'all can convince me that Sexton would be able to actually co-exist with what we are building with RJ and Randle... I'm down.

Knox, a bunch of 1st round picks, and - fukk, I hate to say this Obi - for Sexton. Fine.

:scust:

Side note:
I fully accept @storyteller , @ISO @Wargames and others to reasonably tell me how much of a fukking idiot i I am for this take.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

It's just... We need him to buy in to being able yo facilitate. I am having a hard time seeing Sexton being able to buy into a system where Julius Randle...the best player on the team... should get the green light to rin the point forward at least half the time.

Is Sexton's shot good enough for Julius to work his magic, while Sexton is available for the catch and shoot?

If y'all can convince me that Sexton would be able to actually co-exist with what we are building with RJ and Randle... I'm down.

Knox, a bunch of 1st round picks, and - fukk, I hate to say this Obi - for Sexton. Fine.

Side note:
I fully accept @storyteller , @ISO @Wargames and others to reasonably tell me how much of a fukking idiot i I am for this take.

You're right on the nose with it.

Its funny I think Nunn would work great for the Knicks as a starter because of his experience playing alongside BAM and Jimmy he would slot in perfectly next to Randle and RJ. Flipside I think Sexton would work great for Miami in the sixth man role they keep trying to put Nunn into because Sexton has no problem going for his and putting up numbers. I would say flip a three way trade but fukk giving the Cavs or the Heat shyt. The knicks have money to burn in FA.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Actually, let me also say...

His performance against the Nets...

He probably is the most fearless player in the Nba and you can tell he DOES NOT accept anyone calling a game and saying he's not on the level of the opps.

He really takes that shyt personal, outs his rep and pride on the line and it translates to him taking shyt to another fukking level.

With Sexton... YOU'LL NEVER HAVE nikkaS ON THE OPPOSITE TEAM LAUGHING DURING A BLOWOUT AND DOING BOTTLE FLIPPING TRICKS IN THE GARDEN..

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

He probably is the most fearless player in the Nba and you can tell he DOES NOT accept anyone calling a game and saying he's not on the level of the opps.

He really takes that shyt personal, outs his rep and pride on the line and it translates to him taking shyt to another fukking level.

With Sexton... YOU'LL NEVER HAVE nikkaS ON THE OPPOSITE TEAM LAUGHING DURING A BLOWOUT AND DOING BOTTLE FLIPPING TRICKS IN THE GARDEN..

This goes back to what you said right here:francis:Dude is a gunner and Randle will not fall back because of this and they will bump heads:francis:

Side note:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I saw Obi, Knox, a first :scust:I need someone stupid like the Kings to save us from ourselves :damn::damn::damn::damn:

Guys, Obi is gonna play 15 mins a game TOPS next season and injury aside, maybe for the next 5 years. What are we doing?

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Guys, Obi is gonna play 15 mins a game TOPS next season and injury aside, maybe for the next 5 years. What are we doing?
And who's gonna play backup to Randle or muscle at the PF? Definitely not Knox.

Can we get Sexton without trading Obi or IQ? Can we give up Frank, Knox, Burk, picks?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

EXACTLY. your roster fit concerns are super valid. If last years coaching staff and front office was in on a trade like this I’d be scared shytless. But i trust thibs and his staff to figure this out. If Johnny Bryant can get half out of Sexton what he’s been about to get out of Donovan Mitchell? Come on!

No doubt in my mind Sexton thinks he’s better than Trae Young and would actively try to bust his ass in a playoff series. You can’t teach the things he already has. He fits the mold of what this front office prioritizes, driven competitors that live in the gym. You don’t hear shyt about Sexton off the court.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
And who's gonna play backup to Randle or muscle at the PF? Definitely not Knox.

Can we get Sexton without trading Obi or IQ? Can we give up Frank, Knox, Burk, picks?
I think the Knicks should open discussions with Knox and 2 Mavs firsts. I’d RATHER do that. But if it comes down to Obi and a first, I’m fine with it.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Little background on this. Shams is likely not getting his info from the Knicks, they are butt buddies with Woj because CAA, so this is probably from the Cavs. Which means it could be a ploy to increase the price for others.

At least I hope it is...... Sexton just doesn't register as a winning player in my mind. I could be wrong but its based on what I have seen. He feels like a chucker. He could work as a six man but we already got IQ.

I get why Sexton wouldn't register as a winning player but I think Cleveland is a really tough place to judge players on right now. Darius Garland feels slept on to me, Sexton feels like a dude who HAS to be a gunner because of the lack of talent around him. That said, even at his best he has a scorer's feel for the game rather than a playmaker's. He knows how to get buckets a lot more than he knows how to make players around him open. But I think that actually isn't the worst thing in Thibs' offense. We run a fairly simplistic set of plays with guys knowing where to make reads by design. The lead guard almost always starts plays on a swing pass which would mitigate some of the gunner mentality on initial sets.

That' mentality is the gift and the curse here. If Thibs can keep Sexton under control, then his competitive side is a huge edge. We already see that competitiveness in Randle and RJ both. This is a team of try-hards and Sexton fits the bill. He's improved after each offseason so far and you just don't get guys approaching 25 ppg on 48% from the field out of thin air. Maybe the most intriguing bit here is that Sexton is 22 years old. He's not gonna be a facilitator through and through, but he can be a third-scoring threat that can create his own buckets if Randle/RJ are struggling while also playing off-ball effectively when they're on.

He's not a guarantee, but he's a great buy-low candidate point blank. If we can snag him for an audition, he could really fit in with the young core and make it harder for defenses to play lopsided on the left side of the floor. He'd be EATING off the weak-side (right-side). He's worth an audition if we can buy-low.