Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps

If he does this during his work outs I think he goes top 10. Orlando at #8 is the spot that makes the most sense too because they will likely take Kuminga or Scottie Barnes at 6. Coming away with prospects like Kuminga or Barnes and Bouknight is exactly the reason they blew their treadmill team up.

:francis: So you think it’s unlikely we get him right?

I wish we had something worth while to trade with for the Warriors’ 7th pick

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:francis: So you think it’s unlikely we get him right?

I wish we had something worth while to trade with for the Warriors’ 7th pick
I don’t know what the Knicks got planning. They might have enough to trade up. Don’t forget beyond picks, they have cap space and can absorb players. I just don’t think Bouknight falls past Orlando.

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
Don't make the same mistake by not taking Bridges and Haliburton when we had the chance.

21. New York Knicks (from Dallas)

i
Sharife Cooper
Auburn
PG

While it remains to be seen how much of an appetite the Knicks will have for adding two first-round picks to their already crowded rotation, if they do keep the pick, they can afford to take a swing on whichever prospect they deem to have the highest long-term upside regardless of positional fit. There's a strong case to be made for Cooper as the most talented player available at No. 23. He's an elite ball handler and passer who is an absolute wizard operating out of pick-and-roll thanks to his terrific burst, creativity and feel for the game.

Last edited:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps

If he does this during his work outs I think he goes top 10. Orlando at #8 is the spot that makes the most sense too because they will likely take Kuminga or Scottie Barnes at 6. Coming away with prospects like Kuminga or Barnes and Bouknight is exactly the reason they blew their treadmill team up.

:noah:Make the move, Leon.

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
All that passing is only good when the player is a legit threat to score. Sharif should be a good player down the line but he won’t help us for the next three seasons.

He scores 20 a game and has the highest assist rate in the country. That’s pretty legit.

Last edited:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Who are some realistic trade partners in the draft?

I'm thinking GS, Orlando, Indiana, Charlotte and New Orleans might all be doable to move up, specifically GS and Orlando given they have 2 lottery picks each.

I'd say OKC too but they're so fukking stingy and they'd find a way to fukk us out of some future picks too.

I'm really hopeful Houston is another option given they have 3 first rounders and some holes to plug.

If we can do something small like they did last year, like Knox and the 32nd and/or a future 2nd to move up to get the 23rd or 24th from them.

Then package some combination of 19, 21 and 23/24 to move up into the lottery without (hopefully) having to give up other assets, that'd be perfect.

If you're building around Randle and legit keeping him, does Mitch and #19 get you #7 from GS to secure Bouknight as a scoring wing? Maybe even Mitch alone? Then do #21 and #23/#24 to Indiana for Turner to get a stretch big that plays D to compliment Randle? Lonzo in FA to have a #5 of Turner/Randle/RJ/Bouknight/Ball? If Mitch alone gets it, Bouknight at #7 and Mann at #19?

Or do you stay as is with the extra pick that Knox/#32 deal gets and load up on guard/wing support in the 20's? Take Mann at #19, Duarte at #21
and take a leap on Murphy or Boston with that #23/#24 pick?

I just want the offseason to begin already :mjcry:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Who are some realistic trade partners in the draft?

I'm thinking GS, Orlando, Indiana, Charlotte and New Orleans might all be doable to move up, specifically GS and Orlando given they have 2 lottery picks each.

I'd say OKC too but they're so fukking stingy and they'd find a way to fukk us out of some future picks too.

I'm really hopeful Houston is another option given they have 3 first rounders and some holes to plug.

If we can do something small like they did last year, like Knox and the 32nd and/or a future 2nd to move up to get the 23rd or 24th from them.

Then package some combination of 19, 21 and 23/24 to move up into the lottery without (hopefully) having to give up other assets, that'd be perfect.

If you're building around Randle and legit keeping him, does Mitch and #19 get you #7 from GS to secure Bouknight as a scoring wing? Maybe even Mitch alone? Then do #21 and #23/#24 to Indiana for Turner to get a stretch big that plays D to compliment Randle? Lonzo in FA to have a #5 of Turner/Randle/RJ/Bouknight/Ball? If Mitch alone gets it, Bouknight at #7 and Mann at #19?

Or do you stay as is with the extra pick that Knox/#32 deal gets and load up on guard/wing support in the 20's? Take Mann at #19, Duarte at #21
and take a leap on Murphy or Boston with that #23/#24 pick?

I just want the offseason to begin already :mjcry:
My theory is Pelicans at #10

My take is Bledsoe for #10 and then send them #21 and maybe Knox (maybe not)

The Pelicans would then have enough money to keep Lonzo, and maybe Josh Hart and would still be in the draft and would have a 3pt shooting wing who maybe able to stick playing PF next to Zion. They could also opt to not take Knox and just move down in the salary dump. They would be ecstatic to not have to completely trade out the draft to get rid of that contract. Also they got a shyt ton of draft picks right now so what is moving down in a draft to keep one of their current best players?

Bledsoe contract is guaranteed for 4 Mil next year and honestly I could see the Knicks just waiving him this year. They don’t need that cap space until next year. Best part knicks would still have #19 to draft a pg like Cooper, Springer or Butler. Also we don’t want Lonzo to go to the Bulls because we don’t want them getting better…..

At #10 is Bouknight and Barnes there…. Idk
:francis:.

Maybe, maybe not, but Jalen Johnson and Zaire would be and both of them have talent.