Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Wayne Pratt Rumors | HoopsHype
Kevin Durant’s father met with the Knicks before the fateful 2019 free agency and unsuccessfully tried to convince his son to sign with James Dolan’s team, a new book details. Durant was already set on joining Brooklyn when his father, Wayne Pratt, told him through text about a video conference call with Knicks executives Steve Mills and Scott Perry, according to excerpts from “Can’t Knock the Hustle,” a book on the Nets by author Matt Sullivan.

Durant was upset about the meddling, which was also a tampering violation by the Knicks, and “didn’t want his pops f–king with the plan,” the book stated. Still, Pratt, a Knicks fan and “occasionally estranged” from his superstar son, pushed for Durant to change his mind about the Nets.

“The Knicks is Mecca,” Pratt texted, according to “Can’t Knock the Hustle.” “If you want to do it, do it big. If you want to be a New Yorker, be a Knick.”
Lmao. So it was his dad he was subbing when he was shytting on us at hot 97?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Kevin Durant’s father met with the Knicks before the fateful 2019 free agency and unsuccessfully tried to convince his son to sign with James Dolan’s team, a new book details. Durant was already set on joining Brooklyn when his father, Wayne Pratt, told him through text about a video conference call with Knicks executives Steve Mills and Scott Perry, according to excerpts from “Can’t Knock the Hustle,” a book on the Nets by author Matt Sullivan.

Durant was upset about the meddling, which was also a tampering violation by the Knicks, and “didn’t want his pops f–king with the plan,” the book stated. Still, Pratt, a Knicks fan and “occasionally estranged” from his superstar son, pushed for Durant to change his mind about the Nets.

“The Knicks is Mecca,” Pratt texted, according to “Can’t Knock the Hustle.” “If you want to do it, do it big. If you want to be a New Yorker, be a Knick.”
His father was on that He Got Game Denzel shyt. :francis:

His pops seems like a leech but, he was right about the mecca.

Oh well

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I don’t believe the rumor myself :hubie:
If they were you definitely gotta believe we overwhelmed with a package and probably “overpaid”

if Kd doesn’t refute this must be true

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If they were you definitely gotta believe we overwhelmed with a package and probably “overpaid”

if Kd doesn’t refute this must be true
I don’t think his scenario is a overpay. Shai is underrated as hell but legit has all star potential. I just think the Thunder are doing the “process” and the Knicks don’t have a package you cash out Shai for.

This is how the Knicks could trade with the Thunder. Completely hypothetical because I don’t think the Knicks would do it, but say they traded with the Warriors for 7 amid 14 by sending them Randle and 19 for Wiggins. The Knicks could then send Wiggins to the Thunder for #21 and a future pick to have cap space.

That’s the level the Knicks and Thunder would be on where we could give assets for cap space. I don’t think we would have the near best offer for Shai. Other teams would give them more. We could probably dump a salary on them for a pick or two. I don’t see any way the Knicks could trade for Shai.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I sorta want us to move up for Bouknight:noah:

If he does this during his work outs I think he goes top 10. Orlando at #8 is the spot that makes the most sense too because they will likely take Kuminga or Scottie Barnes at 6. Coming away with prospects like Kuminga or Barnes and Bouknight is exactly the reason they blew their treadmill team up.