Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I would. wait any three firsts or this years

i doubt they want anything else in this daft. It’s probably 3 future. I’m not entirely sure why they’d trade Shai. It’s not like he’s 26 years old. Unless he’s quietly asking out or OKC is dangling him because they want to trade up for Cade, it makes no sense. If it wasn’t for the sources I’d say it’s complete bullshyt but Lowe and the Hoops Collective guys don’t talk out of their ass.

BTW, I’d gladly blow all our 2022 cap space and all our draft assets for both Sexton and Shai. We wouldn’t be contenders or anything but that’s a super solid young team that can do serious damage in 2025 and beyond.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I could see okc trade up for Cade. Shai and their pick 6 is a fair offer, if they add in 16, and 18. I don’t see how the Pistons say no. That could be a automatic rebuild and OKC would still have enough picks and time to build around Cade.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I could see okc trade up for Cade. Shai and their pick 6 is a fair offer, if they add in 16, and 18. I don’t see how the Pistons say no. That could be a automatic rebuild and OKC would still have enough picks and time to build around Cade.
Why would Detroit do that?

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps

This would be amazing... Would y’all take Kemba contract if it meant Shai comes with it? Kemba and Shai for 3 firsts?

of course, that would be a lick if we could pull that off

I don’t see why okc would do that, unless they don’t want to pay Shai which could happen

but definitely, 3-4 future firsts for shai and kemba is great to me

we would get our current PG and PG/SG of the future and we could focus on big wings and shooting in the draft

I’d say it’s more likely we move up instead of that okc thing tho but you never know

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
of course, that would be a lick if we could pull that off

I don’t see why okc would do that, unless they don’t want to pay Shai which could happen

but definitely, 3-4 future firsts for shai and kemba is great to me

we would get our current PG and PG/SG of the future and we could focus on big wings and shooting in the draft

I’d say it’s more likely we move up instead of that okc thing tho but you never know
Honestly I don’t believe the rumor myself :hubie:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Why would Detroit do that?

:comeon:I’m gonna assume this is a real question.

Reports are already out that Detroit wants to look at everyone regardless of picking 1st so they may not have full faith in Cade being a superstar talent. They are sending signs that they are not all in on Cade. The current GM of the Pistons Troy Weaver use to work for Presti. When Detroit won the draft he gave a statement saying “what a talented group to choose from”. So they will likely get a chance to work out guys who will be there around 6 and are planning too.

The piston unlike the Thunder who are barebones right now, have NBA talent and may want to get better sooner. In fact they came into the season thinking they would be better, realized they couldn’t and went on a fire sale. Weaver wasn’t hired to do a long rebuild. They also can’t fix themselves in FA this year because Blake is still on their cap. So even with Cade they are a likely lottery team again.

so the issue is if they believe which scenario is better.

Scenario 1
Hayes
Cade or Jalen
Siddiq
Jerian
And a hole at center, holes throughout the roster really

Bench: Haimadou and other prospects. No money for Free agents

Or

Scenario 2
Shai
Hayes
Scottie Barnes
Jerian
Isiah Jackson or Sharpe

Bench: Siddiq, Haimadou, and the other rookie, no money for Free agents

Basically they are betting that Cade might be the best talent individually but they could come away with the best team. Also Hayes might fit better with Shai playing as a secondary ball handler SG role whereas with Cade it reverses and he would need time to improve into a better PG, or vice versa.

Then in 2022 they would have 50 Million to add to their core which could attract people to come and play with them. Even if they Max extend Shai they would still have over 20 Mil for FA and be a better attraction than 50 Mil on a lottery team.

Thunder get the best player and tank further knowing they have time to and Presti’s job is safe. They can be bad next year, get another high pick and the year after while building towards the 2023 FA with a ton of cap space. Basically they could pull a quiet “process”.

Pistons can actually compete for the playoffs next year and even if they don’t they sped their rebuild up and will be a legit good team by 2022.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You're delusional if you think this will happen.
I don’t think it’s impossible. Cavs are shopping the third pick. You tell OKC you’ll do the trade for Shai and the third pick and OKC uses some of their assets to move from 6 to 3.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne Pratt Rumors | HoopsHype
Kevin Durant’s father met with the Knicks before the fateful 2019 free agency and unsuccessfully tried to convince his son to sign with James Dolan’s team, a new book details. Durant was already set on joining Brooklyn when his father, Wayne Pratt, told him through text about a video conference call with Knicks executives Steve Mills and Scott Perry, according to excerpts from “Can’t Knock the Hustle,” a book on the Nets by author Matt Sullivan.

Durant was upset about the meddling, which was also a tampering violation by the Knicks, and “didn’t want his pops f–king with the plan,” the book stated. Still, Pratt, a Knicks fan and “occasionally estranged” from his superstar son, pushed for Durant to change his mind about the Nets.

“The Knicks is Mecca,” Pratt texted, according to “Can’t Knock the Hustle.” “If you want to do it, do it big. If you want to be a New Yorker, be a Knick.”