Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Jalen Johnson and Zaire would be interesting SF targets.

Jalen does everything but shoot well but that might be fixed and they could try to make him a D&3. If he doesn’t show signs of a 3 ball he would be another PF

Zaire shoots great and does everything else well too but his frail frame makes you question his ability to stick in the league.

it wouldn’t take much to move up a bit in range to take either of them

I think Bouknight goes top 10-12 and would be a bytch to trade up for but if he slid he would be interesting too.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If I'm not mistaken, Walt Perrin was a "no stone left unturned" type of assistant GM. He'd interview and scout a TON of players and we've got three picks in the first 32 to boot. So I think all these reports that the Knicks interviewed guys is out of his philosophy and approach.

Perrin with extra picks for the draft. Brock with the most cap space in the league. I'm very excited to see how this all plays out with how much last offseason's limited resources managed to grant us nice returns (Burks, Noel, Rose in season).

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
If I'm not mistaken, Walt Perrin was a "no stone left unturned" type of assistant GM. He'd interview and scout a TON of players and we've got three picks in the first 32 to boot. So I think all these reports that the Knicks interviewed guys is out of his philosophy and approach.

Perrin with extra picks for the draft. Brock with the most cap space in the league. I'm very excited to see how this all plays out with how much last offseason's limited resources managed to grant us nice returns (Burks, Noel, Rose in season).
You are not mistaken he is notorious for that and doing marathon workouts. The main thing to note is the focus on Wings and PG and combo guards with PG potential.

Bouknight is the only one who doesn’t fit that mold

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You are not mistaken he is notorious for that and doing marathon workouts. The main thing to note is the focus on Wings and PG and combo guards with PG potential.

Bouknight is the only one who doesn’t fit that mold

A good sign that they're counting on bringing back Mitch and/or Noel for the big man role...at least early on. They could expand the search with the time they have.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Jalen Johnson and Zaire would be interesting SF targets.

Jalen does everything but shoot well but that might be fixed and they could try to make him a D&3. If he doesn’t show signs of a 3 ball he would be another PF

Zaire shoots great and does everything else well too but his frail frame makes you question his ability to stick in the league.

it wouldn’t take much to move up a bit in range to take either of them

I think Bouknight goes top 10-12 and would be a bytch to trade up for but if he slid he would be interesting too.
Bouk has the widest range I’m seeing in mocks. I’ve seen some have him 22-25 range.

:myman:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Bouk has the widest range I’m seeing in mocks. I’ve seen some have him 22-25 range.

:myman:

In that case it looks like they were talking to guys who might fall to their pick range. Jalen and Zaire are mocked outside the lottery to the early 20’s too.

A good sign that they're counting on bringing back Mitch and/or Noel for the big man role...at least early on. They could expand the search with the time they have.

Also they might be able to grab a good backup center at 32. At least one if not all three of Neemias, Bassey, or Sharpe will still be on the board by then.