Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Yeah, same here. I'm from Brooklyn and I'm a diehard Knicks fan. I don't hate the Nets franchise moreso the bandwagon Nets "fans" that they've gained since they've moved to Brooklyn (especially in the last 2 years).

Growing up learning about Jackie Robinson and the Brooklyn Dodgers, I always thought it would be cool if there was another professional sports team in BK. When the Nets moved to Brooklyn from NJ in 2012, I didn't mind it at all. However, I didn't like how the Nets immediately tried to sh!t on the Knicks and talk about "taking over" NYC. I'm neutral towards the Nets, I don't think about them most of the time. I did want the Bucks to beat the Nets though (Nets "fans" are too arrogant).

There's a dope documentary that HBO did called "Ghosts of Flatbush" (I think you can view it in segments on YouTube) that highlighted the love affair between Brooklyn and the Dodgers. I was always fascinated by that, and I remember when the Cyclones came as the Mets' minor league team and immediately started selling out KeySpan Park (don't know what it's called now). There was even talk of having a parade up Flatbush Avenue if the won the championship, but that got scrapped when the series was canceled because of 9/11.

I had a HS classmate try to call me out on our alumni page because of my ambivalence towards the Nets, basically trying to revoke my Brooklyn citizenship. I was like "I had no idea frontrunning was so en vogue"

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
How y'all feel about Kendrick Nunn? He 25, can shoot, and comes from Miami so playing under Thibs won't be much of an adjustment. He'll be prolly be cheaper than Ball, while far younger than Lowry/Conley.
Nunn for 2 yrs/$30 mil seems right :ld:
I love Nunn for the Knicks I been on realgm saying he is the best PG for the Knicks since the rumor broke. I would even give him a 3/45 deal, because I think the Heat would match 2/30.

Nunn works because the Knicks need someone who can play on and off ball and be able to shoot, defend, and drive in half court situations. That hawks series really showed that they need someone to drive and attempt to draw fouls, shoot the ball from three, and pass the ball to rest of the team in position to score. If Payton was able to shoot off the ball he would have been perfectly fine as a starter. Flipside without the ability to consistently attack the rim (Like Lonzo) we would have the equivalent of Bullock vs Trae where Trae was able to hide out on defense and conserve energy for when he was on offense. You got to have someone who even if they can’t win that matchup, will at least try. Nunn does that. He plays just enough on and off ball that he would work really well next to Randle and RJ.

Him vs. the Hawks. This is a good game for him just because it shows he can do everything offensively. Don’t over read into it because he’s had bad games against the Hawks but notice how Trae isn’t hiding on defense.

This video mostly shows him feeding the bigs which is what we will need him to do outside of getting his own shot here. Mostly get Mitch going and Randle/Obi

Nunn’s been in and out the starting PG position with the Heat, but he has started so the Knicks aren’t asking him to do something new. The Heat don’t want to pay him because if healthy Oladipo fits what they need to get over the hump in a starting PG and potentially their first option, also Dragic is still playing better than him as a starter plus they got to pay Duncan Robinson. He isn’t a elite PG, but if the goal is to get a elite scorer like Lavine or Beal, they wouldn’t need him to be. In fact that should be the goal, with the starting PG, a reliable 3rd or 4th option who can still develop in the role.

The only red flag is he is left handed. It would be the third lefty on the team.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
There's a dope documentary that HBO did called "Ghosts of Flatbush" (I think you can view it in segments on YouTube) that highlighted the love affair between Brooklyn and the Dodgers. I was always fascinated by that, and I remember when the Cyclones came as the Mets' minor league team and immediately started selling out KeySpan Park (don't know what it's called now). There was even talk of having a parade up Flatbush Avenue if the won the championship, but that got scrapped when the series was canceled because of 9/11.

I had a HS classmate try to call me out on our alumni page because of my ambivalence towards the Nets, basically trying to revoke my Brooklyn citizenship. I was like "I had no idea frontrunning was so en vogue"
Yeah, I've watched "Ghosts of Flatbush", it's a great documentary (I own a Brooklyn Dodgers hat and Jackie Robinson t-shirt). Also, KeySpan Park is now named Maimonides Park. They just changed it from MCU Park (which was the name from 2010 until last month).

Anyways, yeah, I guess people think that since the Nets are now in Brooklyn, we should cheer for them because of "Brooklyn Pride" - but it's whatever. The Nets history was in New Jersey (and Long Island) not Brooklyn. If they were a brand new/expansion team, I would probably feel differently.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Yeah, I've watched "Ghosts of Flatbush", it's a great documentary (I own a Brooklyn Dodgers hat and Jackie Robinson t-shirt). Also, KeySpan Park is now named Maimonides Park. They just changed it from MCU Park (which was the name from 2010 until last month).

Anyways, yeah, I guess people think that since the Nets are now in Brooklyn, we should cheer for them because of "Brooklyn Pride" - but it's whatever. The Nets history was in New Jersey (and Long Island) not Brooklyn. If they were a brand new/expansion team, I would probably feel differently.

A bit off topic, but what was your takeaway from the documentary as far as blame for the Dodgers leaving? I thought it went to great lengths to paint Walter O'Malley in a better light and place the blame solely at the feet of Robert Moses. People still hate O'Malley to this day.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
A bit off topic, but what was your takeaway from the documentary as far as blame for the Dodgers leaving? I thought it went to great lengths to paint Walter O'Malley in a better light and place the blame solely at the feet of Robert Moses. People still hate O'Malley to this day.
It's fukk both Robert Moses & Walter O'Malley. Moses was a racist and stubborn jackass but if O'Malley really wanted, he could have kept the Dodgers in Brooklyn. Los Angeles gave O'Malley everything he wanted and he dipped.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
As it stands right now KD is Macho Man Randy Savage status. They tried to put the strap on him but at the end of the day he wasn’t anywhere near Hulk Hogan (LeBron James) and couldn’t draw

Sorry @ExodusNirvana

:lolbron:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
As it stands right now KD is Macho Man Randy Savage status. They tried to put the strap on him but at the end of the day he wasn’t anywhere near Hulk Hogan (LeBron James) and couldn’t draw

Sorry @ExodusNirvana

:lolbron:
Macho Man was the PEOPLE'S CHAMP

fukk Hoe-gan except for the sake of the NWO analogy

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Just had this thought today but I remember when we got Anthony Randolph during the D'Antoni era. That "coach" didn't know how to use or coach the kid (his was like 21 when we got him) & had him camped out on the 3 point line most of the time :snoop:

Taking another look at him & as a raw talent back then, his game was similar to Julius Randle's where he had handle but is 6'10, more defensive minded, & way more athletic. I can't imagine what Thibbs could've done with him

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:ld: Can we get back to the draft?

JT Thor looks like he could be a bigger Tayshaun Prince, but he is raw, low BBIQ but he just turned 18. Left handed, crazy Wingspan, and just big. What’s really notable is how much disruption he creates on defense. Funny enough Anthony Randolph got mentioned cause JT is a better version of that.

Duarte looks like he could be a Burke’s type player and a pesky defender. He’ll be 24 during the draft and is older than Brandon Ingram. I think he is already a NBA quality player and just needs to improve his BBIQ to be really good. Their is a low key aggression to his game the Knicks need more of.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
JT Thor looks like he could be a bigger Tayshaun Prince, but he is raw, low BBIQ but he just turned 18. Left handed, crazy Wingspan, and just big. What’s really notable is how much disruption he creates on defense. Funny enough Anthony Randolph got mentioned cause JT is a better version of that.

Duarte looks like he could be a Burke’s type player and a pesky defender. He’ll be 24 during the draft and is older than Brandon Ingram. I think he is already a NBA quality player and just needs to improve his BBIQ to be really good. Their is a low key aggression to his game the Knicks need more of.

:mjlol:

That's crazy you made this post because JT Thor plays a lot like Randolph lol

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop

Man, I wish ebbets field was still there. That just seems like such a great place to have a baseball stadium. At the very least would’ve loved to have seen it. Gonna check that doc, thanks!

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Man, I wish ebbets field was still there. That just seems like such a great place to have a baseball stadium. At the very least would’ve loved to have seen it. Gonna check that doc, thanks!
Yeah, same here. The area where Ebbets Field was located is now an apartment complex.