Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:mjlol:

That's crazy you made this post because JT Thor plays a lot like Randolph lol

No I was going to post JT Thor and saw your post and realized that's a decent enough comp for where he is now. Thor is raw as hell and the BBIQ isn’t really there but he’s only 18. Defensively he moves well vertically for a wing type player and he is 6’10 and has a 7’3 foot reach. He blocks 3’s like Mitch does. He is a legitimate threat to block shots from anywhere near him. Guys can pull up from anywhere in the half court and he is a threat to block it. The biggest flaw defensively there is when he is out of position because he has low BBIQ. It’s almost funny how far he can be from the guy he should be defending. I don’t think he understands the concept of rotating or he just gets caught watching the ball in preparation to make a block attempt.

Offensively he is raw, but if he can hit that three at a consistent clip he would be scary. He’s ok inside the paint for putbacks. He does a pump fake drive which is impressive for his size. Also he likes to shoot 3’s he just isn’t good at it yet. He reminds me of RJ his rookie year where he is trying to shoot the way right handed players do and it’s messing him up. I think they could fix that and if they did he would be a really good player.

Ceiling: Tayshaun Prince
Floor: Anthony Randolph

Thor is the type of kid the Knicks draft now and in two seasons we would benefit from him at the wing because he has lockdown defender potential. I like Trey Murphy, but JT has a much higher ceiling. Flip side a lot of risk around him too. If his BBIQ never catches up to NBA levels he becomes Anthony Randolph and is out the league after his first contract. He should go back to college cause I could see him as a sure lottery pick with some more development, but I guess he wants that guaranteed NBA money.

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Yo did anybody check out the G-league rookie combine? If he’s available in the second round I hope the staff takes a look at José Alvarado out of G.Tech.

Hes 23 and truthfully a very good defensive point guard. If the Luca kid doesn’t work out for us he can be a good third guard

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
mark-tatum.jpg

We finally don't have to see this devil tonight :pacspit:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yo did anybody check out the G-league rookie combine? If he’s available in the second round I hope the staff takes a look at José Alvarado out of G.Tech.

Hes 23 and truthfully a very good defensive point guard. If the Luca kid doesn’t work out for us he can be a good third guard
I'm looking forward to seeing Luca with the team I think there's legitimate potential with him
mark-tatum.jpg

We finally don't have to see this devil tonight :pacspit:
:demonic:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Feels weird not being worried about the lotto draft tonight :ohhh:
Hope the Raptors don’t move into the top 4 because they are in the division. Top 5 are all going to be problems
:yeshrug:

Also JT Thor if he can play at the wing he could be a serious

Last edited:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
:ohhh: That wingspan

I know thibs is :noah:

can he play defense?
Yes, I did a whole post on him above. He might be a top 5 defender in this draft just off his physical, cause he is so young you still got to teach him basketball. Some people compare him to Convington but I see Tayshaun Prince when I watch him. He blocks everything. If they turn him into a wing and put him next to Mitch PG’s would be shook to drive. Flipside his BBIQ is pretty bad. He needs actual development.