Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Wait :comeon:

2022 FA is worth it, and if we do well next year we'll be players in it.
That’s a big fukking IF. And a lot of them nikkas can re-up. But you right. I keep jumping back and forth between wanting to go all in, or just gradual upgrades with nice young pieces. The problem with waiting for 22 is we can’t really commit to long term contracts this summer which might limit the caliber of FAs we can sign. Now your taking Dinwiddie on a big ass 1+1 prove it deal.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
To win a championship you gotta win the Finals. To win the Finals you gotta win the EC to get to the finals. To win the EC you gotta beat the Nets - that team doesn't get one game off the Nets.
Plus he keeping that bum frank and trading RJ, quickley, Toppin. Yo, I'm done. :mjlol:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
To win a championship you gotta win the Finals. To win the Finals you gotta win the EC to get to the finals. To win the EC you gotta beat the Nets - that team doesn't get one game off the Nets.
True. But you gotta be in it to win it too. One KD injury to the Nets and they’re beatable. Again, I’m just spitballing off-season scenarios.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
True. But you gotta be in it to win it too. One KD injury to the Nets and they’re beatable. Again, I’m just spitballing off-season scenarios.

There's not a path to turn this team into a legit title contender unless Barrett magically transforms into a top 5-10 player in the league. They drafted him 3rd overall, he was supposed to be the guy and he's not

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
There's not a path to turn this team into a legit title contender unless Barrett magically transforms into a top 5-10 player in the league. They drafted him 3rd overall, he was supposed to be the guy and he's not
He’s still got time. And top 5-10 is a stretch. Devin Booker isn’t that and may never be that and they’re contenders. But we’re definitely going to need another big leap from RJ this off season.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:russ: You always so damn negative. The jump that RJ took from his first to his second year was significant who’s to say he wouldn’t make another one? That boy is a work horse.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He's 6'2 with 6'7 wingspan. He's basically the same height as IQ, Rose, and Payton

I do, they don't need to waste big money on PG, they just need to shore the position up. :yeshrug:

Ya'll need to peep the subliminals......:hhh:
That's not a sub. I don't do subliminals. Those two at that time period were superior to Randle today.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Mikal Bridges :damn:

Should’ve trusted the Villanova product over the non-star Kentucky product
:sadbron:
I never understood why ya'll passed on Bridges because Knox beat him 1v1 at a workout. Not everybody a 1v1 player. Some guys are team basketball guys.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He’s still got time. And top 5-10 is a stretch. Devin Booker isn’t that and may never be that and they’re contenders. But we’re definitely going to need another big leap from RJ this off season.
Booker is an elite scorer tho he’s top 5-10 at that and that’s his role the Suns got everything else settled with their roster construction.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I never understood why ya'll passed on Bridges because Knox beat him 1v1 at a workout. Not everybody a 1v1 player. Some guys are team basketball guys.
He really beat him :russ:

I can’t see with what moves. It was a pure upside pick. Knox was the youngest at the time and he had length, a silky J, a nice floater, a frame that looked like it could pack muscle.

We all wanted Mikal and as MPJ slipped a lot of us wanted him to although some were scared. Knox showed out in SL and had us believing. :mjcry:

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That’s a big fukking IF. And a lot of them nikkas can re-up. But you right. I keep jumping back and forth between wanting to go all in, or just gradual upgrades with nice young pieces. The problem with waiting for 22 is we can’t really commit to long term contracts this summer which might limit the caliber of FAs we can sign. Now your taking Dinwiddie on a big ass 1+1 prove it deal.

This FA is weak and based on the Knicks needs, weaker. The PG’s all got issues or are in win now mode. The best thing this team has going is cap space. No reason to waste it to not even get a whiff of being a contender. Like Randle showed he isn’t a 1A player, so they got to put a better scorer next to him. I rather they get guys who will be on good cost contracts whole contribute when the Knicks are ready to make pushes in 2 years.

They getting older everyday so no reason to rush. Build slow. Let them make their big three run. We ain’t near there yet

Also got to look at shyt from the perspective of years.

2 years from now you got 28 year old Randle, let’s say a 28 year old Nunn and a 28 year old Lavine or Beal. The rest of the team is younger than Randle is now. 22 year old RJ, Mitch and IQ, 26 year old Obi, the rooks from this year will be in their early 20’s too. That’s a great look cause we can make a run with Lavine/Beal and Randle as the focus and when they money is up look to add pieces to those young guys who would be going into their primes. These other playoff teams cores are older. The worst thing the Knicks can do is not be patient and put to much money into a older guy. Look at the Celtics that made pushes with old guys and now can’t build around their young stars.