Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

Even beyond that the way he plays would be really helpful against the zone

He was accepted to Rice as a 6’4 guard and grew 5 inches and then transferred to Virginia last year because he knew he needed to develop in a better program. The team plays slow, and they did no practicing cause of COVID. Everything about this kid says sleeper, he would need some time to develop but that a pretty solid base. Especially if the goal is to replace Bullock with a bigger wing 3&D defender

People throw out Mikal Bridges too much like people used to throw out Al Horford. Mikal Bridges was a special Basketball player. Terrific BBIQ, Elite defender, scheme versatile, positional versatility. This kid looks like a late-blooming DerMarr Johnson. It wouldn't shock me if he moved into the lottery. Outside of the top 10. It's a lot of question marks.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I never understood why ya'll passed on Bridges because Knox beat him 1v1 at a workout. Not everybody a 1v1 player. Some guys are team basketball guys.
It was Miles he beat. I don’t think Mikal was ever really on their radar. And we don’t talk about how Philly gave him away for nothing either.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This FA is weak and based on the Knicks needs, weaker. The PG’s all got issues or are in win now mode. The best thing this team has going is cap space. No reason to waste it to not even get a whiff of being a contender. Like Randle showed he isn’t a 1A player, so they got to put a better scorer next to him. I rather they get guys who will be on good cost contracts whole contribute when the Knicks are ready to make pushes in 2 years.

They getting older everyday so no reason to rush. Build slow. Let them make their big three run. We ain’t near there yet

Also got to look at shyt from the perspective of years.

2 years from now you got 28 year old Randle, let’s say a 28 year old Nunn and a 28 year old Lavine or Beal. The rest of the team is younger than Randle is now. 22 year old RJ, Mitch and IQ, 26 year old Obi, the rooks from this year will be in their early 20’s too. That’s a great look cause we can make a run with Lavine/Beal and Randle as the focus and when they money is up look to add pieces to those young guys who would be going into their primes. These other playoff teams cores are older. The worst thing the Knicks can do is not be patient and put to much money into a older guy. Look at the Celtics that made pushes with old guys and now can’t build around their young stars.
:ehh:

I don’t want to wait tho... :mjcry:

Also, I’d argue that the Celtics didn’t make a big enough push when they should have and that’s why they’re stuck where they are now. But you’re right. 2022 is the year we have to do it. Not now.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Even beyond that the way he plays would be really helpful against the zone

He was accepted to Rice as a 6’4 guard and grew 5 inches and then transferred to Virginia last year because he knew he needed to develop in a better program. The team plays slow, and they did no practicing cause of COVID. Everything about this kid says sleeper, he would need some time to develop but that a pretty solid base. Especially if the goal is to replace Bullock with a bigger wing 3&D defender

Can he handle the rock? You know i love me some defense. I’d take him at 32 without blinking.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It was Miles he beat. I don’t think Mikal was ever really on their radar. And we don’t talk about how Philly gave him away for nothing either.
Yep, in hindsight it might have been the biggest mistake of the process era

:ehh:

I don’t want to wait tho... :mjcry:

Also, I’d argue that the Celtics didn’t make a big enough push when they should have and that’s why they’re stuck where they are now. But you’re right. 2022 is the year we have to do it. Not now.
True, but Knicks and the Celtics are different. No one has offered the knicks anything near the level of deals Ainge turned down. From Kawhi to Myles Turner in a S&T for Hayward, to letting guys walk for nothing like Kyrie, Horford, and Morris. shyt the Knicks literally signed Morris to half a season so they could make the trade the Celtics should have made the season before. We’re doing ok based on the assets we got.

Can he handle the rock? You know i love me some defense. I’d take him at 32 without blinking.

Not great, there are flashes of handle. He use to be a SG so he has some skill. He went to Virginia to improve his defense and continue to improve his body. He’s willing to drive from the corners. Nothing advanced, but he can do it

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, in hindsight it might have been the biggest mistake of the process era

True, but Knicks and the Celtics are different. No one has offered the knicks anything near the level of deals Ainge turned down. From Kawhi to Myles Turner in a S&T for Hayward, to letting guys walk for nothing like Kyrie, Horford, and Morris. shyt the Knicks literally signed Morris to half a season so they could make the trade the Celtics should have made the season before. We’re doing ok based on the assets we got.

Not great, there are flashes of handle. He use to be a SG so he has some skill. He went to Virginia to improve his defense and continue to improve his body. He’s willing to drive from the corners. Nothing advanced, but he can do it

Could be good depends how we develop him .
This is the wrong post to quote but I was being lazy - we need a pg this season . We can’t waste another season for cap space the next year . We just have to make smart moves . We know what we need pretty much elite shooting and a Pg

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
How much is Norm Powell looking for in free agency, he might be the type of player to take a 1 year 25 million dollar deal as we wait on 22 free agency. Nunn, Powell, RJ, Randle and Mitch isn’t a bad 5 to roll out there next season, we’d be tussling for the 6 seed which imo isn’t necessarily a step back franchise wise.