Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:russ: You always so damn negative.

Is it negativity? I look at things the way they are, not the way I'd like them to be. Have you seen anything from Barrett that says 'wow, this guy could win a MVP. one day'.

Useful part? Absolutely.

All-Star? Sure, I can see that.

Top 5, MVP caliber guy? Nah.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
There's not a path to turn this team into a legit title contender unless Barrett magically transforms into a top 5-10 player in the league. They drafted him 3rd overall, he was supposed to be the guy and he's not
R.J. is a mini Julius Randle or a swole high motored Rodney Hood. That’s how I see him as a player.

He’s gonna be a guy that works himself into a couple career All-Star appearances but never a true top dog. He will never be as good as say a Jayson Tatum. That’s how I see it. The top East teams have transcendent players. KD/Kyrie/Harden, Embiid, Giannis, Young, Tatum. We can’t be there without that. We poised to be a grit n grind treadmill squad.

Building around two bully balling lefties ain’t it.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If Nate can have them playing as well or even better next season, I’m sure he’ll take the award (unless some lottery team makes a crazy leap)
I don't know about that. I think Atlanta would have to finish 1st for that to happen and I am not sure that's enough. That said, I like where we are going. In Nate-coached games, we have a 59 win projection per82. Our defense with Cam/Hunter/Capela is excellent but under Nate, our defense with Hunter/Capela is fukking groundbreaking. Our offense is insane with Trae/Bogi/JC pairings. I think depth is a bit of an issue for us as we saw in the Knicks series. We got the makings since Nate changed up our style of a legit top-tier NBA squad. I don't want to say We Believe Warriors because we really haven't been healthy to know what's our potential but it's something nice. Maybe Nuggets of last year.

We will see, I think people overrate Trae's impact but underrate his ability. Trae is a top 5 offensive talent in the NBA and a top 6 offensive impact player but overall impact-wise, he's generally 3rd or 4th most impactful on our roster. Hunter was our most impactful player before he got hurt. Capela is also our 1st or 2nd biggest impact but everyone knows, he's kinda not impactful if Trae isn't on the floor offensively. Bogi since Apr 1st has been out of this world. Before Apr 1st, he had a netural WAR, before Mar 1st, he had a negative WAR and one of the lowest in the NBA thanks to injuries and LP using his ass as a C&S player playing Trae Ball. Since Apr 1st, in the RS, he had the 4th most impactful period in the NBA. In the playoffs, he's the 5th most impactful NBA player and he's the 2nd most left in the playoffs behind Harden at this moment which could change tomorrow. So, what we are seeing is Atlanta is stacking talent. We had a great system with LP but the style was stupid and didn't fit, Nate brought in his style and we started winning games.

So we will see what's the cap for these Hawks. To be honest, I don't know. I have never seen this squad fully healthy but I am confident this is a 60 win team next year if they address the backup PG issue which Lou is fine for now but I don't know if he plays another year.

This is the NBA, you don't know what to expect next year honestly but I feel good about it.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
He really beat him :russ:

I can’t see with what moves. It was a pure upside pick. Knox was the youngest at the time and he had length, a silky J, a nice floater, a frame that looked like it could pack muscle.

We all wanted Mikal and as MPJ slipped a lot of us wanted him to although some were scared. Knox showed out in SL and had us believing. :mjcry:

:mjlol: Knox must’ve gone insane in the workouts because I simply don’t get it

we all wanted mikal or the other bridges

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
R.J. is a mini Julius Randle or a swole high motored Rodney Hood. That’s how I see him as a player.

He’s gonna be a guy that works himself into a couple career All-Star appearances but never a true top dog. He will never be as good as say a Jayson Tatum. That’s how I see it. The top East teams have transcendent players. KD/Kyrie/Harden, Embiid, Giannis, Young, Tatum. We can’t be there without that. We poised to be a grit n grind treadmill squad.

Building around two bully balling lefties ain’t it.
I like R.J. and how he has developed. He's turned himself from a struggling wing looking to fit in the NBA into a Danny Granger big wing with a nice 3pt shot with solid defense to boot. R.J. literally had a WAR of -1.3 as a rookie and when I watched him play. It looked it. He flashed talent and put him decent numbers but his impact on winning was negative and he didn't look good at all. In fact, I used to get offended when he was compared to Cam Reddish last year. I was okay with the Hunter comparisons because both players HAD ALONG way to go and both showed flashes as well.

But he's a 3.3 WAR which is a 4.6 improvement from his rookie year and under Thibs. He has a locked-in role. 3rd option. Can attacking the rim and draw fouls, transition finisher, and he's become a good C&S 3pt on decent volume. That's a massive improvement and he's very young. I think there is more to him but he's always going to be a tad limited due to the lack of quickness and change of direction ability. He's kinda a one-speed kid like Simmons but Simmons has a good first step. RJ has heavy feet. Still, he's a big wing, he's only going to continue to get better as he get smarter with his game. He's never going to be Randle. Randle was blessed with this body, he just needed to learn how to implement it at the highest level and he needed to add range to his shot.

I do believe RJ is a legit 3rd or 4th option and he was a very good pick for the Knicks. Just look at that draft. After Morant. RJ and De'Andre. Both had great Soph years but struggled mightily as rookies. The rest of the top 10 still going through growing pains. 11-30 is limited alley. Knicks did a terrific job in that class.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Those two were playing together on a great offense that shared the offensive load. Neither of those guys had to carry as much as Randle at that time.
Both of those guys are miles better than Randle. It's not even close. Horford's impact runs circles around Randle. He's like a thousand times better. He actually has impact that translates to the playoffs or any level of play, he's not an empty stats guy. You can't scheme Horford. He's one of the most scheme versatile bigs to ever play the game of Basketball. I hate talking to people who really have no fukking clue.

Thibs would kill to have Al Horford in his prime.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Both of those guys are miles better than Randle. It's not even close. Horford's impact runs circles around Randle. He's like a thousand times better. He actually has impact that translates to the playoffs or any level of play, he's not an empty stats guy. You can't scheme Horford. He's one of the most scheme versatile bigs to ever play the game of Basketball. I hate talking to people who really have no fukking clue.

Yeah, Horford was better than Julius it’s beyond the box score numbers.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

You fukking ATL fakkit I am legit tired of your shyt. :pacspit:

stop dapping this nikka up and maybe he’ll leave.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Stop getting mad at me that you are an idiot. I ain't attacking the Knicks or the fanbase.

I’m the idiot? Says the guy who wrote a essay on Nate McMillian and the in a thread for the Knicks and included embedded tweets like people are going to read it? Nobody cares about that shyt our your opinion on the Knicks.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I’m the idiot? Says the guy who wrote a essay on Nate McMillian and the in a thread for the Knicks and included embedded tweets like people are going to read it? Nobody cares about that shyt our your opinion on the Knicks.
Just because you don't doesn't mean others do. The thing is when I say you are an idiot. I am not talking about Knick fans. I am about one Knick fan, you. Get mad if you want. It is what it is.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City

Even beyond that the way he plays would be really helpful against the zone

He was accepted to Rice as a 6’4 guard and grew 5 inches and then transferred to Virginia last year because he knew he needed to develop in a better program. The team plays slow, and they did no practicing cause of COVID. Everything about this kid says sleeper, he would need some time to develop but that a pretty solid base. Especially if the goal is to replace Bullock with a bigger wing 3&D defender

Last edited: