Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Does anyone here Really think CJ McCollum gets the current squad out the second round?

anyhow it could be worst

Probably not. But if you can get CJ without giving up too many assets, you can use CJ to upgrade next year. Or mid season. CJ, a young guy and picks galore gets you into the convo for the Devin Bookers and Donovan Mitchell’s. And in my scenarios, you could probably swing for another star with Mitch and Lonzo in 2023

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
30 ain’t old. McCollum is in his prime and he has a skill based game.
McCollum's problem isn't age, it's that he's trash in the playoffs :hhh: We already have Randle choking by himself.

I'll pass on trading for a 6'3 shooting guard who shoots in low 40s every playoff series :hubie:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
McCollum's problem isn't age, it's that he's trash in the playoffs :hhh: We already have Randle choking by himself.

I'll pass on trading for a 6'3 shooting guard who shoots in low 40s every playoff series :hubie:
Fair critique. But again, he isn’t the finish line. He’s a piece that can theoretically get us to where we need to be. Our goal as a franchise should be to build on what we did last year while remaining flexible. CJ would walk into next season being at worst our second best player and at best our best player. If some time into the season it becomes clear that he’s our third best player because somebody else emerged than we’re GOOD money.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Everyone who doesn’t win a championship is trash in the playoffs. Y'all need to contextualize the game better.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
We’re in a really tough spot because i genuinely believe that if we take a step back next season and miss the playoffs or lose in the play in (barring a big injury), we will lose all the good will we earned this season league wide. The media already hates us and would love nothing but get on tv every day and talk about how this season was a fluke and it was because there were no fans in the arenas. And just like that we are no longer the destination we thought we were. So however this front office does it, we have got to improve on this. I just hope we do it wisely with our eyes on the next 5 years as well.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Fair critique. But again, he isn’t the finish line. He’s a piece that can theoretically get us to where we need to be. Our goal as a franchise should be to build on what we did last year while remaining flexible. CJ would walk into next season being at worst our second best player and at best our best player. If some time into the season it becomes clear that he’s our third best player because somebody else emerged than we’re GOOD money.
If he came in as a free agent then sure he would be an upgrade. But if we're giving away first round picks and talent just to come away with CJ I don't see it as much of an improvement.

Everyone who doesn’t win a championship is trash in the playoffs.

That’s modern day basketball discourse for you.
It has nothing to do with winning championships, I'm calling him trash in the playoffs because he becomes more of a liability than help to Dame in late game playoff situations.

Against Nuggets he stepped out of bounds, missed a few drives, shot 2-8 from the three when Dame dropped 55 and then last game where Dame had an off night CJ was just as bad. And this happens every single year. When people talk about Blazer blowing up the team, they mean getting rid of CJ :hubie:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
:russ: If CJ can’t help Dame get out the first round, how is he supposed to do it with Randle (no offense)

now if CJ came here for the low or free agency:hubie:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If he came in as a free agent then sure he would be an upgrade. But if we're giving away first round picks and talent just to come away with CJ I don't see it as much of an improvement.

It has nothing to do with winning championships, I'm calling him trash in the playoffs because he becomes more of a liability than help to Dame in late game playoff situations.

Against Nuggets he stepped out of bounds, missed a few drives, shot 2-8 from the three when Dame dropped 55 and then last game where Dame had an off night CJ was just as bad. And this happens every single year :hubie:
McCollum averages 20/4/3 and shoots 44/38/77 splits in the playoffs. How is that bad?

He has some really great series and moments and some lackluster ones which is normal for a guy that has played 12 series (57 games) on a team that has never been good enough to get over the hump facing varying levels of competition.

I really don't know what NBA fans expect from these humans once the playoffs roll around.

U can mention those moments but how about when McCollum destroyed the Nuggets and outplayed Lillard a few years back?

How about when the Blazers got swept and Dame was struggling against the traps and perimeter defense of Jrue/Rondo and McCollum was the one cooking in that series?
2018 NBA Western Conference First Round - Pelicans vs. Trail Blazers | Basketball-Reference.com

Knicks fans stay getting at Julius. Sure, he had a bad series and I don't think he's that guy at all. But how is it that Knicks fans the so called most knowledgeable fan base can't understand boy was getting loaded up on. Julius don't have that series if we had snipers and a better offensive scheme.

Use context knickas!

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:russ: If CJ can’t help Dame get out the first round, how is he supposed to do it with Randle (no offense)

now if CJ came here for the low or free agency:hubie:
:snoop: I see we at the point where y'all become cheap asses and underrate players or underestimate their worth.

C.J. has outplayed Dame in certain series and certain games and has helped him advance past the First Round several different years during their run.

Knicks are a team that struggles to generate offense yet you don't want one of the league's best three zone scorers because he "choked" :heh:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
We should focus on getting McCollum instead.

Burks
McCollum
RJ
Randle
Mitch

Would be nice.
Any future scenario with randle in it is a complete abomination. I wouldn’t trust him to fry an egg correctly after that performance. Regular season be damned.