Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
:snoop: I see we at the point where y'all become cheap asses and underrate players or underestimate their worth.

C.J. has outplayed Dame in certain series and certain games and has helped him advance past the First Round several different years during their run.

Knicks are a team that struggles to generate offense yet you don't want one of the league's best three zone scorers because he "choked" :heh:

I just don’t see it with CJ, he’s undersized and a bad defender :manny:

if we’re going to break the bank and trade our players, I’d rather we go for a bigger fish than him

alternatively though

If we could somehow pair a lonzo or Brogdon next to CJ that wouldn’t be that bad

but just CJ? I’m good on that

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If he came in as a free agent then sure he would be an upgrade. But if we're giving away first round picks and talent just to come away with CJ I don't see it as much of an improvement.

It has nothing to do with winning championships, I'm calling him trash in the playoffs because he becomes more of a liability than help to Dame in late game playoff situations.

Against Nuggets he stepped out of bounds, missed a few drives, shot 2-8 from the three when Dame dropped 55 and then last game where Dame had an off night CJ was just as bad. And this happens every single year. When people talk about Blazer blowing up the team, they mean getting rid of CJ :hubie:
We got picks to spare breh

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I just don’t see it with CJ, he’s undersized and a bad defender :manny:

if we’re going to break the bank and trade our players, I’d rather we go for a bigger fish than him

alternatively though

If we could somehow pair a lonzo or Brogdon next to CJ that wouldn’t be that bad

but just CJ? I’m good on that
If we get him I'd like him to be the PG pretty much on offense the primarily ball handler playing a lot out of ball screens and being more of a dual threat playmaker/scorer. He can be an even more prolific scorer than he's shown sharing duties with Dame in my opinion.

We worried about defense? Our defense was 1st last season. Our offense was towards the bottom of the league.

Zo is a possibility, Brogdon is no chance.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
If we get him I'd like him to be the PG pretty much on offense the primarily ball handler playing a lot out of ball screens and being more of a dual threat playmaker/scorer. He can be an even more prolific scorer than he's shown sharing duties with Dame in my opinion.

We worried about defense? Our defense was 1st last season. Our offense was towards the bottom of the league.

Zo is a possibility, Brogdon is no chance.
he is NOT that guy.
he cant orchestrate an offense for shyt which is why dame is so damn ineffective off ball
he get a screen he just shooting...dont matter who on the court. he is not a playmaker and his vision is abysmal

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
he is NOT that guy.
he cant orchestrate an offense for shyt which is why dame is so damn ineffective off ball
he get a screen he just shooting...dont matter who on the court. he is not a playmaker and his vision is abysmal
It’s up to him to take that challenge in a new environment.

He’s going to be playing with multiple playmakers.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
It’s up to him to take that challenge in a new environment.

He’s going to be playing with multiple playmakers.
for every julius randle story where a drastic change in game happens that late in their career...theres 100 players who are 7-8 years deep that play the same exact way until they retire.
i'd still take him obviously cause our offense is pure trash....but the ideal is to pair him with a big ass point guard who plays defense.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Package all of them and try to get a real star.

If a star is not available then fill out the roster properly as needed. PG, SF, shooters and hope a superstar gets disgruntled during the season and demands a trade :manny:
That’s still the plan with or without CJ.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We aren’t winning shyt in this era :hubie:

Prolly thought the same for the Nets 2 years ago, Debby Downer ass... :unimpressed:

The future is unpredictable, we just gotta trust Leon, Wes and Aller to take advantage of any moves that push us forward without sacrificing too much. They haven't done anything yet to make me worry if we don't get anyone this offseason, cool, we run it back next year. Our young nikkas are dogs and I'm looking forward to RJ, IQ and Obi improving next year. :manny:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Prolly thought the same for the Nets 2 years ago, Debby Downer ass... :unimpressed:

The future is unpredictable, we just gotta trust Leon, Wes and Aller to take advantage of any moves that push us forward without sacrificing too much. They haven't done anything yet to make me worry if we don't get anyone this offseason cool, we run ut back next year. Our young nikkas are dogs and I'm looking forward to RJ, IQ and Obi improving next year. :manny:
MESSAGE!!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
That’s still the plan with or without CJ.
He's neither a PG nor SF and would cost us picks that should be used for another star and cap space that should be used for shooters.

And he's redundant since he's not significantly better than Randle and plays the same position as RJ.