Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:unimpressed: fukk that fragile goofy fakkit bytchell.

:francis: I’m hoping these fakkits in the FO can get us Dame, Powell, and Turner.

:wow: A starting 5 of Dame, Powell, RJ, Randle, Turner is nice.
You fekkits are going to be sorry when you see him shooting threes on another team:ufdup:

Dude broke wilt chamberlain field goal percentage record. Atleast he can clean up the glass when RJ and Randle miss layups. He’s the only one that can go up and get that shyt if lobbed... Noel has stone hands and can’t catch shyt.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I don't know how I feel about losing our picks for damn near most of this new decade :patrice:Dame already 31 our champ title window would be ridiculously short especially trading our younger core who's clearly showing they're ready for the bright lights:jbhmm:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I am interested in Beal.

But, if he is going to be a free agent in a year...nah.

At this point, wait, keep those sophmores and only leverage draft picks for solid, consistent glue players.
If the trade is right i might do it. If the rumored cost for Dame is true, than Beals cost should be less because of his shorter contract and being a slightly lesser talent. I’m certain we can convince him to stay, I’m not even worried about that. Especially since trading for him means he can get a bigger contract from us then he would if he left Washington during free agency.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
If the trade is right i might do it. If the rumored cost for Dame is true, than Beals cost should be less because of his shorter contract and being a slightly lesser talent. I’m certain we can convince him to stay, I’m not even worried about that. Especially since trading for him means he can get a bigger contract from us then he would if he left Washington during free agency.
Interesting point

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:hhh:
Why not both? If CJ wasn’t so damn expensive or his deal was shorter I’d be for it. His extension kicks in this summer, he’s turning 30 and is going to make 30 million, then 33, then 36. While we can’t trade most of the people you named, we could probably get him for just both Dallas firsts. Lonzo and CJ would make a really good backcourt.

:francis: The Dame dream was fun while it lasted. Back to the drawing board.

30 ain’t old. McCollum is in his prime and he has a skill based game.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
30 ain’t old. McCollum is in his prime and he has a skill based game.
Good point. But I’m only doing it if we can get Lonzo Ball. I like the idea of a versatile defender at pg next to McCollum who can take whichever of the two defensive matchups is the most difficult. I feel like a lot of Portland’s problem is they have a very poor defensive backcourt. CJ would give us a real threat on offense that can take attention away from Randle tho, even tho he’s not a true 1a but neither was Randle and we made it work for a much longer time than we should have.

What would he cost in your opinion?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Good point. But I’m only doing it if we can get Lonzo Ball. I like the idea of a versatile defender at pg next to McCollum who can take whichever of the two defensive matchups is the most difficult. I feel like a lot of Portland’s problem is they have a very poor defensive backcourt. CJ would give us a real threat on offense that can take attention away from Randle tho, even tho he’s not a true 1a but neither was Randle and we made it work for a much longer time than we should have.

What would he cost in your opinion?
Zo and McCollum with I.Q., Vildoza, and Rose off the bench is great guard play. A lot of opportunities for three guard sets and guard combinations.

I’m not sure how we would pull the trade. We have a bunch of cheap guys on short term deals and young guys. Maybe a S&T of Noel and a mix of picks and youth (one of Mitch, Toppin, I.Q.). :patrice:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Zo and McCollum with I.Q., Vildoza, and Rose off the bench is great guard play. A lot of opportunities for three guard sets and guard combinations.

I’m not sure how we would pull the trade. We have a bunch of cheap guys on short term deals and young guys. Maybe a S&T of Noel and a mix of picks and youth (one of Mitch, Toppin, I.Q.). :patrice:
There’s a world where you can probably trade CJ for 2 firsts and a pick swap straight up. This would create a trade exception of 30 million for the Blazers and than they could hypothetically sign and trade with the Spurs for Derozan. (I had to think of a team that had a good player the blazers could want but the team may not want CJ). We’d then could sign Lonzo and still have about 10 million, have all our picks (except the 22 swap), a Kevin knox trade dump to open up an extra 5 million and the MLE left to round out the roster.

I’ve been racking my brain trying to force a Myles Turner trade but i doubt the other 21 and 23 picks and Knox is enough to do it.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO