Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Really?

If the price is that low I'd be for it. I don't think he really fits on the floor with Mitch tho. Maybe explore a trade of Mitch for a SF? Package him with one of their picks to upgrade that spot.
I like Myles and Mitch sharing center minutes. I think being a deep team served us well we just had glaring holes in the starting lineup that got exposed. 48 minutes of Mitch and Myles gives you 48 minutes of rim protection but can still get different looks depending on matchups. Myles can draw good defenders out the paint and Mitch can dominate smaller centers at the rim.

I wonder if Hield and Myles could be had for 2 firsts each (both 21 and 23 picks). That should leave us roughly 15 million to sign a pg and the mle for Rose. :patrice:

Last edited:

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think turner is a solid basketball fit with randle, their skillsets don't really overlap that much, and since they can both shoot they can play off each other, and won't fukk up offensive spacing.

In the event we have both I think Mitch getting moved for a SF would just give us a better on court product if he's just going to back up turner anyways

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I like Myles and Mitch sharing center minutes. I think being a deep team served us well we just had glaring holes in the starting lineup that got exposed. 48 minutes of Mitch and Myles gives you 48 minutes of rim protection but can still get different looks depending on matchups. Myles can draw good defenders out the paint and Mitch can dominate smaller centers at the rim.

I wonder if Hield and Myles could be had for 2 firsts each (both 21 and 23 picks). That should leave us roughly 15 million to sign a pg and the mle for Rose. :patrice:
Exactly if a team plays small, you got Mitch as the center, if a team plays traditional bigs you put in Myles. Not a lot of bigs can be problems maybe Embiid, KaT, and Jokic.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Randle on a 4/106 (the max he can be offered this year) is a steal. 26m a year is around the 40th highest paid player in the league. That puts him in Jrue Holiday, Jamal Murray, Brandon Ingram, Vucci mane territory. He's definitely worth that.

I think he may turn it down to fish for the 200m deal if he outplays it next off-season. Which is think is unmanageable for the Knicks. If he wants to hedge his bet and takes the money now, we should be extremely happy.

Normally I like waiting all the way to extend guys but in this case I think it makes sense to try and lock him up. If he turns it down we can go into next year with him motivated trying to earn a larger deal. If the team underperforms he can be shipped at the deadline. If he performs really well pay him what we think he's worth. Doesn't need to be a max.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

Randles gonna need to do a lot of work on going right. This is the downside of him being a late bloomer. That’s conservatively 20 years of basketball repetition he’s going to have work against.

Hawks had a gameplan to stop the Knicks top gun, and low & behold, it worked. Thibs should’ve had a defensive scheme set for Trae.

Fournier would have helped us in this series.

I don’t get Knicks fans love affair with this cat, he's ass cheeks. Their is a reason he was rotting away in Orlando.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
How any Knick fan can watch MPJ play then watch that bum Knox at the end of the bench and not be irate is completely beyond me

there were so many quality wings picked after Knox:francis:

watching Mikal Bridges hit 3s for a playoff team and play defense on Bron :mjcry:

watching Miles Bridges Catch lobs :mjcry:

watching MPJ have a great offensive bag:mjcry:

Last edited:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
there so many quality wings picked after Knox:francis:

watching Mikal Bridges hit 3s for a playoff team and play defense on Bron :mjcry:

watching Miles Bridges Catch lobs :mjcry:

watching MPJ have a great offensive bag:mjcry:

It's insane the Knicks had their pick of all those guys and made the absolute worst pick, their scouting dept needs a complete overhaul