Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
thats why its important to watch games and not just look at box scores( not sayin you didnt watch)
the only reason they didnt score more (including yesterday) is because they were missing wide open shots. not cause of anything we were doing.

our defense was terrible and we made zero adjustments
That’s the same thing they said about us all season and teams just kept missing shots against us. It can’t just be a coincidence that a good three point shooting team kept missing shots all series. We play hard defensively. (Yes, there were plenty of blunders) but every layup was contested and most of the threes were closed out on. Trae was able to do whatever he wanted but his shooting percentage all series was trash. Any elite team can live with a 10-28 performance any night.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
According to Twitter all Knicks fans are above it all, and woke up happy this morning due to all the potential and young core. Am I the only emotionally under developed neanderthal still agry the Knicks went out that sad?

Nah this shyt hurts especially after such a fun season. I've been thinking about the lottery picks since last night.

In a few days/weeks we will look at the positives though. Rather find out about Thibs, RJ, Randle and the rest now then after giving them deals that limit us. Finally have a competent FO and we have flexibility.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
This team overachieved but the way they didn’t show up for the playoffs is mad frustrating. At least make it competitive. Randle ain’t it. RJ improve your fukking handle and your ability to finish or be middling your whole career.
I agree 100%.

Also, you're right. RJ just doesn't have the finesse or agility to become potentially a franchise-altering player like Ja Morant. It's unlikely that he will develop those abilities, RJ is fairly stiff and one-dimensional as f*ck. Hopefully, he refines his skills and takes his game to the next level. However, that will require a huge tweak to his game.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the same thing they said about us all season and teams just kept missing shots against us. It can’t just be a coincidence that a good three point shooting team kept missing shots all series. We play hard defensively. (Yes, there were plenty of blunders) but every layup was contested and most of the threes were closed out on. Trae was able to do whatever he wanted but his shooting percentage all series was trash. Any elite team can live with a 10-28 performance any night.
we musta been watching different games. hawks got wide open 3s for 5 consective games lol
they shot better at home than they did at the garden because of comfort reasons, but thats the worse defense we've played all year.

all it took in each of their victories was 1 quarter of hitting the open shots that we gave them. compare that to us, i can count on 2 hands the amount of wide open shots we got in 5 games..

shyt was so super easy for them. not to mention trae shootin uncontested floaters whenever he wished.
pathetic performance

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
As much as I dislike the Mavs, I hope they bounce the Clippers so Kawhi is left “pondering his future”

:shaq:
Kawhi ain't coming here. He doesn't like cities with cold weather seasons. He's staying in LA or is going somewhere else warm.

Also, a lot of star players nowadays don't want to come to the Knicks. Any star player that comes here is immediately under the pressure to "get the Knicks a championship for the first time in almost 50 years". It seems like guys these days don't want that heavy expectation and scrutiny that will come from the New York media and fanbase on their shoulders. It is what it is.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to Twitter all Knicks fans are above it all, and woke up happy this morning due to all the potential and young core. Am I the only emotionally under developed neanderthal still agry the Knicks went out that sad?
there's really nothing to be happy about imo
if we lost, id rather us lose doing all the things that got us to this point. we looked pathetic out there.

not to mention we still dont know if randle can play well in front of large crowds. his whole season may have been a fluke. he looked like fizdale randle all over again.

i will say mitch was terribly missed in this series. his size and shot blockin woulda helped a lot.

outside off resigining rose as a back up pg, im not sure what they do from here. i would let randle play out the last year of his contract before i give him.any big time money

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yea man. Gotta put it past you. “But it’s always forward I’m moving, never backwards stupid here’s another classic”- :ahh:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
man if we even had an average offense it would have went to 6 minimum.
our defense did the best it could do with the composition of the hawks roster. trae actually shot mediocre most of the series.
our star didnt step up and thats what it really came down to.
you not beating a team with that kind of offense no matter how great your defense is if you're dropping under 100 3 games in a row.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
R.J is so slow and so stiff with the ball in his hands. No creative flair off the dribble and it will be why he never reaches that allstar level. You can't teach that on ball creativity.
If his jumper continues to improve like it has, he’ll be an all star. Trust me, these were the concerns i had with drafting him, but between his strength and feel for the game, as just a slightly above average shooter, he has all star potential. Whether he can be a bonafide first option will depend on how well of a shooter he can become, he’ll have to get to just below elite imo.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
i dont believe this team was better than us
i think they had a discplined game plan that they followed for 5 games that we never adjusted to.

every game consisted of doubling randle, and them taking wide open shots. disappointing way to end the season, but we got exposed. paritcularly, randle and thibs

Pretty much. If Thibs makes the correct adjustments & Randle plays with a higher bball IQ, Knicks win that series :manny:

This was a embarrassing learning experience

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
If his jumper continues to improve like it has, he’ll be an all star. Trust me, these were the concerns i had with drafting him, but between his strength and feel for the game, as just a slightly above average shooter, he has all star potential. Whether he can be a bonafide first option will depend on how well of a shooter he can become, he’ll have to get to just below elite imo.
Unless the offense runs through him giving that usage opportunity it's only so much he can do.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much. If Thibs makes the correct adjustments & Randle plays with a higher bball IQ, Knicks win that series :manny:

This was a embarrassing learning experience
you would think we would try something different at some point but we never did. game 1 thru 5 was the same exact same game.

never tried to trap, no zone defenses to throw them off for a sec, no frank to rough up trae. just da same shyt that clearly wasnt working.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
@Steezy @Sly Cookin @AVXL

I hope y'all fukk everyone up... especially Brooklyn
tenor.gif