Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont believe this team was better than us
i think they had a discplined game plan that they followed for 5 games that we never adjusted to.

every game consisted of doubling randle, and them taking wide open shots. disappointing way to end the season, but we got exposed. paritcularly, randle and thibs

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Randle just isn't a number 1 option on an elite team. We ended up the 4th seed because the East is pretty weak and we we had a little hot streak, but this team is really like a 7-8th seed. When your best player is having a terrible series, and your next option is Derrick Rose (all due respect to the Hall of famer) in 2021, your team just doesn't have the manpower. Randle looked timid all series, took bad shots, had zero defense presence on the court. I would not pay him.

I thought RJ turned a corner, but he still has a lot of holes in his game. He's super young, so I'm not all that mad at him, but he has a lot to work on. He was shooting terribly in this series.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i dont believe this team was better than us
i think they had a discplined game plan that they followed for 5 games that we never adjusted to.

every game consisted of doubling randle, and them taking wide open shots. disappointing way to end the season, but we got exposed. paritcularly, randle and thibs
They were better. Doesn’t mean we couldn’t have won. They scored 107, 92, 105, 113 and 105 in each game. We actually did our job on defense. Look at all the other teams in the playoffs and they’re putting up 120 a night. All we needed was literally anything offensively and this could have been a good series.

We got out coached. Point blank. Thibs is a hell of a coach but his refusal to make adjustments is concerning. A pg like Lowry or Chris Paul on this team would have made in game adjustments for us offensively. shyt, the hawks spent the first 4 mins of the game hunting Derrick Rose inn the post for mismatches. In a series they were up 3-1. We never did a real job of punishing Trae on defense.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This team overachieved but the way they didn’t show up for the playoffs is mad frustrating. At least make it competitive. Randle ain’t it. RJ improve your fukking handle and your ability to finish or be middling your whole career.

the nba is a scorers league. The Knicks had the number one defense but at some point they were going to have to hang with teams scoring wise.

And this series showed the difference between missing out on free agents like KD/Kyrie and settling for mid level stars like Julius Randle. Between missing out on a high lottery pick like Trae Young and settling for reach players like Knox.

the Knicks can’t build through to draft unless they get extremely lucky. They need big name free agents.

Even if they added a Lonzo Ball it wouldn’t be enough.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were better. Doesn’t mean we couldn’t have won. They scored 107, 92, 105, 113 and 105 in each game. We actually did our job on defense. Look at all the other teams in the playoffs and they’re putting up 120 a night. All we needed was literally anything offensively and this could have been a good series.

We got out coached. Point blank. Thibs is a hell of a coach but his refusal to make adjustments is concerning. A pg like Lowry or Chris Paul on this team would have made in game adjustments for us offensively. shyt, the hawks spent the first 4 mins of the game hunting Derrick Rose inn the post for mismatches. In a series they were up 3-1. We never did a real job of punishing Trae on defense.

thats why its important to watch games and not just look at box scores( not sayin you didnt watch)
the only reason they didnt score more (including yesterday) is because they were missing wide open shots. not cause of anything we were doing.

our defense was terrible and we made zero adjustments

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
the nba is a scorers league. The Knicks had the number one defense but at some point they were going to have to hang with teams scoring wise.

And this series showed the difference between missing out on free agents like KD/Kyrie and settling for mid level stars like Julius Randle. Between missing out on a high lottery pick like Trae Young and settling for reach players like Knox.

the Knicks can’t build through to draft unless they get extremely lucky. They need big name free agents.

That was my biggest takeaway. In order to compete on an elite level, in 2021 NBA, offense is much more important than defense. Now you can't be bad defensively, but I'd rather have an okay defense (top 10), with a top 3 offense than to have it vice versa. You need at least 1 super elite scorer, and at least another one that can take over a game at any moment if you even want to think about competing for a chip nowadays.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps

Drafting and to a slightly lesser degree player development was their biggest problem. They're still paying for their mistakes in the past and changes won't happen overnight. I feel like this year was an aberration in the rebuild process and people's hopes got too high.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute: You Kool people’s

Honorary #Tape member :obama:

:blessed: O G Salute 2 u 5lime .-My Knicka:myman: :handshake::cheers:

Im glad Rose got to do the Redo ,and we got it it right this time around ..whether he baaak or not next szn ( which i wouldnt be mad if he was )

ill be payin attention and rootin fo yall in the east ( just not against my bulls ):picard:

i hope yall take it in and realuze what these guyz did this year , and enjoy the strides yall made ,yes u could have beaten the hawks ,yeaah u was outcoached but the pros def outweigh the cons

Most importantly you re established a culture that has been missin from this team for to.long ..yall gonnabe alright:hubie:

[

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Knickas front office need to do some thorough scouts on players (draft/free agency) that can get at least four buckets a piece, because our offense has not been potent since Houston/Sprewell days:feedme::francis: