Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Think Leon can fleece Brad for Tatum? :patrice:

They just signed Tatum to a max extension 7 months ago, what exactly does the Knicks have to offer in fair trade? If you're being unrealistic, you might as well see if the Nets wanna trade Harden and Durant and the Lakers wanna part with Lebron :mjlol:

Brown might be available, but it's not like the Knicks have these amazing assets to part with.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Think Leon can fleece Brad for Tatum? :patrice:

I have a feeling we'll be offering packages for disgruntled stars this offseason...not gonna say I like or dislike it (always depends on the player and the package given up), but I think stealing stars in their primes like Tatum and Lavine is too difficult to rely on as a strategy. I'd by hype if it did happen though.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
They just signed Tatum to a max extension 7 months ago, what exactly does the Knicks have to offer in fair trade? If you're being unrealistic, you might as well see if the Nets wanna trade Harden and Durant and the Lakers wanna part with Lebron :mjlol:

Brown might be available, but it's not like the Knicks have these amazing assets to part with.
First time GM. Maybe we catch him slipping...:yeshrug:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Refute what? You're acting like a bytch and you've been doing it since before opening tip-off of the first game. I'm not debating you, I'm pointing out your bytchass behavior :yeshrug:

There have been hard fouls on both sides. That's basketball. I prefer the physicality and the beef. But when you start whining about screens, you're just being a bytch.

Call Knicks fans hypocrites for a week and then complain about insults...madd hypocritical :lolbron:

Ok here’s cool thing: in less than 12 hours you, the Knicks and your fellow Knicks fans and friends all have won a one way all expenses paid trip to Bolivia. No need to pack, just leave

Congrats breh :salute:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
We should've took Mikal like we originally planned. :francis:

I called that pick..
Tell us you're a bytch, without actually saying that you're bytch. :mjlol:

Been whining since before the series started and now he wants to do the "it's getting tired" nonsense.

:russ: foh
Damn you know it’s real if storyteller calls you a bytch. Homey is the unofficial pacifist around these parts

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
But with what level of talent? Can and should we rely on at best a number 12 pick to be a big contributor in the playoffs next season? I patently don’t believe in punting seasons. I feel like the teams that strike when the iron is hot are usually the ones that succeed the most. And i getting, going all in at the wrong time is just as detrimental to the long term growth of a franchise. But i don’t think we should be prioritizing keeping draft picks anymore. This is why we did it. To go get another star. And if we can do that without giving up RJ and Mitch and depending on the level of star, IQ and Obi, we should do it.

I just can't get with using ALL of picks for the foreseeable future in a transaction that wouldn't even really move the needle like that. A Beal trade still wouldn't make us better than either the Nets or Bucks next season, probably the Sixers too with a healthy Embiid. So you're ok with spending all those picks for a 2nd round exit next year? When you could have just waited until 2022, signed Beal outright AND kept those picks to bring in yet another star? We literally just saw the Nets follow this same blueprint to a degree.

There's no need to punt a season. That seems to imply this team wouldn't still be competitive next year. I disagree, but if that's how you feel then there's even less reason to sell everything out for a player who's not a franchise altering talent.

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
Man shut yo ass up. Y’all been running to the media all fukkin series trying to get a pity party Then commit cheap shots on the court and now that y’all up in the series you want to talk cash shyt. I hope we shut y’all bytch asses up tonight.

know damn well we’re missing our starting center. :francis: Capela going against a 35 year old veteran or a center that weighs like 40 lbs less than him.

don’t worry breh imma shut my ass all the way up when we get you frauds the fuk outta here. Randall was dirty as shyt in game 4 and since he been playing like trash all series he can get the fuk outta here too. Hopefully yo boyz keep that same energy on the court cause the Hawks sending you hoes home tonight

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So I put some thought into it and this is what I think the knicks should do both internally and externally to treadmill their way in 2022 where there is more FA talent. Even if we beat the Gaybirds of ATL. This is the move

Move Rose into the starting PG position, Move RJ to SG, Let Noel Walk, Let Bullock Walk, Depending on what Burks gets let him walk, Keep Frank for cheap

Basically Randle and Rose need to work together (in limited minutes), plus the starting offense can't revolve around Randle. RJ has legit trouble against taller defenders and should start hunting SG on offense. I know the knicks run a two wing set with him and Bulluck, but I wish the SF was a legit 6'8 if not 6'9 to force teams to make a tough decision on the defender they put on RJ. In the east outside of Philly, teams don't have the defenders to match up with that. Also, RJ has to get more time with the bench. He needs more opportunities to play as the main scorer even if that means his minutes get staggered with Quickley.

Trade scenarios
Marcus Smart: See if Boston is willing to trade Marcus Smart in an S&T for Noel or for the combined Mavs picks and the knicks absorbing his contract. The Celtics clearly need to shake things up roster-wise, and the knicks need both a sub for Rose and some mental toughness.

If no trade scenario
Draft Jaden Springer (if there is no Marcus Smart trade because he is the same type of player) and Ziare Williams a Lanky D&3 who can shoot and pass. Basically a Mikal Bridges type player. Also, grab a Center Bassey who is another rim protector with the Second

Free Agency Targets
Nicholas Batum 1 year deal above the MLE: Reggie is at the point in his career he wants security, Batum would likely be open to a large 1-year contract as he winds down his career.

Gorgui Dieng 2-3 year deal Team option MLE money: Basically see if he can guard the rim like Noel did. We need Mitch insurance, and guys who can keep up with bigger centers

The ultimate goal is to still have money for a Max in 2022

2021 Knicks Scenario 1

Rose/ Smart / Frank / Luca
RJ/ Quickley / Frank
Batum/ Ziare
Randle / Obi / Taj
Mitch / Dieng / Bassey

or

2021 Knicks Scenario 2

Rose/ Springer / Frank / Luca
RJ/ Quickley / Frank
Batum/ Ziare
Randle / Obi / Taj
Mitch / Dieng /Bassey /

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I just can't get with using ALL of picks for the foreseeable future in a transaction that wouldn't even really move the needle like that. A Beal trade still wouldn't make us better than either the Nets or Bucks next season, probably the Sixers too with a healthy Embiid. So you're ok with spending all those picks for a 2nd round exit next year? When you could have just waited until 2022, signed Beal outright AND kept those picks to bring in yet another star? We literally just saw the Nets follow this same blueprint to a degree.

There's no need to punt a season. That seems to imply this team wouldn't still be competitive next year. I disagree, but if that's how you feel then there's even less reason to sell everything out for a player who's not a franchise altering talent.
But i do think Beal is a franchise altering talent. And he fits a huge hole we have. I personally don’t think we can afford to wait until 2022, hoping there will be a free agent, if a trade that makes sense is available now. Key word is makes sense of course. A franchise’s job is to always be in the conversation for contention, imagine if Miami would have just said no to a Jimmy trade because they didn’t think it made them better than team x and y anyway... they made themselves the best they could be, got great matchups and strolled right into the finals. We have no clue what next season will look like.