Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Got damn don’t y’all got y’all own thread?:pachaha: Y’all steady coming in our shyt and lurking. Hawks thread had only 30 something pages all year. You guys post more in here than in your own thread:beli:

Your thread? :mjlol:

Don’t you get it dunny? :gucci: This our thread now son, we run New York cuz Big Cap said so :umad:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
While I think y’all will play better at home and your role players will feed off the crowd at MSG I think we’ve made the necessary adjustments to put this series away tomorrow night.

Y’all seriously need to put Rose back on the bench. When this series was close, y’all bench severely outplayed ours. Since Rose has started Game 3 & 4 that bench advantage has gone away and your offense hasn’t cracked 100. Y’all need that bench scoring and need to keep Rose fresh. I’d put Rose on the bench, elevate Elf or Frank and put Taj back on the bench too. I think the right combination could keep it close but realistically I don’t see another path to victory in this series for y’all

Knicks fans wanted Elf benched his 5 minutes per game for rotational balance was oh too much
ROSE WAS ESSENTIALLY
PLAYING THE WHOLE 1ST HALF THO.

YOU nikkaS ACTING LIKE
ROSE WAS COMING IN
DURING THE 2ND QRT WITH THE
2ND UNIT...

WHEN HE WAS REALLY
ENTERING THE GAME
AT THE 7 & 8
MINUTE MARKS OF THE 1ST
AND PLAYING UNTIL HALF TIME
OR EVEN UNTIL THE 4TH QRT.

KNICKS WON THE GM
THAT ROSE PLAYED 31 STRAIGHT MINUTES.

ROSE PLAYED 19 STRAIGHT MINUTES
IN THE OTHER COMPETITIVE GM.

SO BASICALLY ROSE HAS
TO PLAY 2-3 STRAIGHT QRTS
FOR THESE GAMES TO BE CLOSE.
:devil:
:evil:

RicanHavok

Formerly Thunder-Buddy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Knicks, Yankees, Giants and The BX
Ay Knicks fans gotta come up with a good chant. I give ATL fans respect for that "ATL hoe" chant, had the seats rocking literally, shook the whole area we were in. Had us bracing for a scrap lol. Just off top something simple like "(hoe) I'm from neeeeeeew yaaawk".

Last edited:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
ROSE WAS ESSENTIALLY
PLAYING THE WHOLE 1ST HALF THO.

YOU nikkaS ACTING LIKE
ROSE WAS COMING IN
DURING THE 2ND QRT WITH THE
2ND UNIT...

WHEN HE WAS REALLY
ENTERING THE GAME
AT THE 7 & 8
MINUTE MARKS OF THE 1ST
AND PLAYING UNTIL HALF TIME
OR EVEN UNTIL THE 4TH QRT.

KNICKS WON THE GM
THAT ROSE PLAYED 31 STRAIGHT MINUTES.

ROSE PLAYED 19 STRAIGHT MINUTES
IN THE OTHER COMPETITIVE GM.

SO BASICALLY ROSE HAS
TO PLAY 2-3 STRAIGHT QRTS
FOR THESE GAMES TO BE CLOSE.

If Thibs staggers Rose to play with the second unit more and to close both halfs I think that’s a more effective lineup for NYK than him starting, but I agree with you

It’s either burn Rose out for the whole game or be strategic about his minutes, but there’s not alot of of offensive options/matchup left for NYK to use at this point outside of somebody having a game like Burks did in Game 1 or everybody playing fantastic

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Ay Knicks fans gotta come up with a good chant. I give ATL fans respect for that "ATL hoe" chant, had the seats rocking literally, shook the whole area we were in. Had us bracing for a scrap lol. Just off top something simple like "(hoe)I'm from neeeeeeew yaaawk".

that chant is iconic :blessed:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If Thibs staggers Rose to play with the second unit more and to close both halfs I think that’s a more effective lineup for NYK than him starting, but I agree with you

It’s either burn Rose out for the whole game or be strategic about his minutes, but there’s not alot of of offensive options/matchup left for NYK to use at this point outside of somebody having a game like Burks did in Game 1 or everybody playing fantastic
HE DID STAGGER HIS MINUTES.

HE PULLED ROSE AT THE 4 MINUTE MARK IN THE 1ST AND BROUGHT
HIM BACK WITH THE 2ND UNIT
AT THE START OF THE 2ND.

IT WAS A 4PT GM AT HALFTIME.

KNICKS LOST THE GM IN THE 3RD QTR
LARGELY DUE TO THE RANDLE/COLLINS
MATCHUP.

17PT GM HEADING INTO THE 4TH.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ay Knicks fans gotta come up with a good chant. I give ATL fans respect for that "ATL hoe" chant, had the seats rocking literally, shook the whole area we were in. Had us bracing for a scrap lol. Just off top something simple like "(hoe) I'm from neeeeeeew yaaawk".

You was out there?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Well having multiple draft picks presents the opportunity to trade up instead of having our target pick constantly swiped from under our nose.

But besides that....

The Knicks only have 7 players in total under contract next season, I mean if you look at it, Bullock, our starting 3, will be gone. At the very least, that position desperately needs an upgrade. Whether you slide RJ over and find a 2, or you sign that SF is another story.

I'll present the scenario where Noel probably gets a bag somewhere else & the team picks up Mitch's option. Taj will be 36 by the start of next yr. A big man becomes another need.

Here's another scenario, mgmt balks at giving Lonzo a nine figure deal (personally I think you're looking at close to 4/100 to steal him from NO but I could wrong here). Rose, as great as he's been, should not be relied on for 30+ mins for a full season. Payton is obviously done in NY. So great, now we need another legit PG

Burks coming back is no guarantee, Frank might be gone. Point is there are going to holes that need to be filled one way or another
But with what level of talent? Can and should we rely on at best a number 12 pick to be a big contributor in the playoffs next season? I patently don’t believe in punting seasons. I feel like the teams that strike when the iron is hot are usually the ones that succeed the most. And i getting, going all in at the wrong time is just as detrimental to the long term growth of a franchise. But i don’t think we should be prioritizing keeping draft picks anymore. This is why we did it. To go get another star. And if we can do that without giving up RJ and Mitch and depending on the level of star, IQ and Obi, we should do it.