Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
It would have been an entirely different game.
Yeah it would have. The hawks best player would have had a harder time manipulating and destroying our defense.
their team would have had to rely on bombing us from 3 which they have the capability to do so. but if mitch is in the game he covers so much ground he'd make it easier for our wing players to not have to help out so much and stay on shooters.
how many times we seen rj get sucked into the paint leaving a shooter wide open cause we had no one stopping lobs or floaters.
The thing that makes gobert so effective is what you described. ja scored 47 right. Gobert put up 21 and 13 on perfect shooting(:mjlol:) and was a key reason why they even won cause of his vertical spacing and controling the boards
so yeah special players do special things....but a team that has to win by committee needs the actual committee to put together a good full game

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nobody is saying let him walk. I am saying run it back.

His cap hold is the same 29 Mil you’re talking about giving him long term. So even if he improved his play and deserved a larger contract it would cost the exact same amount in regards to the cap and adding talent as if they extended him in your scenario. They aren’t having cap space after 2022. So it doesn’t matter if they pay him 29 or 41 next year.

Flipside they shouldn’t tie themselves to him long term after this series. For all we know going forward teams will just mimic the hawks and he’ll play shytty in the regular season.

He shyt the bed and that cost him the extension. Everyone should be able to understand that. Long term he might be a knick, but extending him now only serves Randle.
Ah. Yea in my scenario I’m offering a cheaper extension. If it’s max or nothing than i wait.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Trae would adjust. We’re at a talent deficit here dude our best player can’t get going we can’t scratch 100 points. They have way more shooting than us.
That was the Trae adjustment. The hawks figured out how to beat that trap after it was successful in our game 2 win.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Trae would adjust. We’re at a talent deficit here dude our best player can’t get going we can’t scratch 100 points. They have way more shooting than us.

Its more than that, but fukk it. Next year might be a wash, but 2022 can still be really good if the Knicks are smart with their money
Ah. Yea in my scenario I’m offering a cheaper extension. If it’s max or nothing than i wait.

I question even giving him 22-25 long term after this series.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Its more than that, but fukk it. Next year might be a wash, but 2022 can still be really good if the Knicks are smart with their money

I question even giving him 22-25 long term after this series.
I feel you. Your hope is that he’s not the only significant person you’re signing. But we’re really stuck. He’s too good to trade or let walk but not good enough to carry you far.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’ll be fun when they are crying dying that Philly series
I said this the other day. When they see how Ben Simmons, thybulle and Dwight Howard play then they really gon be complaining.

Hope they put it all out there next game for the fans. I doubt it though. They have yet to stop trae.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I said this the other day. When they see how Ben Simmons, thybulle and Dwight Howard play then they really gon be complaining.

Hope they put it all out there next game for the fans. I doubt it though. They have yet to stop trae.
At this point Thibs should put Frank out there and see how he meshes with actual time defending Trae.