Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
No, he’s still here a year under contract. You not dogging him, you’re running it back. He shouldn’t get extended.
You do know if you run this back and he improves again (which he’s done consistently in the league) that 4/116 would be a 5/202 extension (29 to 40 million a year)

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Y’all delusional man.

I had us winning this series because I thought Randle would show out. The Hawks defensive game plan caught me off guard. The Hawks have a vast talent advantage and McMillan has outcoached Thibs.
you're not wrong about this. Still, Noel had been exposed all year when he was healthy when going against sizeable bigs whereas Mitch held his own.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
The things Mitchell Robinson brings to the table would not swing this series. It’s just the truth.

I don’t hate dude he’s just overrated by Knicks fans. That’s to be expected Knicks fans been making fools out themselves this whole series.
mitch is literally the only player on our roster that adds reliable verticality spacing((see noels brick hands) and the ability to contain the roller and the mobility and athleticism to contest floaters.
your take is so short sighted
he's our best pick and roll defending big...while the hawks probably run the most pick and rolls in the entire nba
Idk what mitch did you make you hate him but oh well
even when noel was 100 percent healthy capella was bytching him out

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ya nikkas too emotional with the Randle not being a good option shyt. His extension he can sign for would be for 4 years and 116 million dollars. I don’t understand how you don’t lock him in for this and keep it moving. He wouldn’t even be a top 32 player in terms of salary (He would be tied with D’Angelo Russell).
It’s this thing called a salary cap and cap space. Even if the plan is keep him long term that money is needed to build up the roster in general.
:what:

Also fukk no he doesn’t get that money after this shyt series.
:yeshrug:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
The things Mitchell Robinson brings to the table would not swing this series. It’s just the truth.

I don’t hate dude he’s just overrated by Knicks fans. That’s to be expected Knicks fans been making fools out themselves this whole series.
I don't know if anyone is saying it swings the series to be 3-1 Knicks, but I thinks it's entirely fair to say that the Knicks aren't down 3-1 with their best 5 on the court

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Knicks shouldn’t extend him. I would say there was no chance but he is a CAA client. The two sides shouldn’t be able to meet on an agreement. Knicks should offer 20-22 and CAA should counter with 24-26.

If they are being honest next year should feature Randle less. The offense has to be diversified because he can’t handle the heavy load in the playoffs which would lower his value by default.
You can’t let me walk if your goal is to show stars that New York is a viable option for them now.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
you're not wrong about this. Still, Noel had been exposed all year when he was healthy when going against sizeable bigs whereas Mitch held his own.
The Hawks front court did nothing game 1...literally nothing. Capela isn’t dominating to the degree he did to end the season.

Trae is on 1 and I don’t see Mitch stopping him. Great offense beats great defense. Ja put up 47 meeting Gobert at the rim. Trae is a special player.

Now if Mitch could shoot threes :whoo:that would be truly series changing

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Y’all delusional man.

I had us winning this series because I thought Randle would show out. The Hawks defensive game plan caught me off guard. The Hawks have a vast talent advantage and McMillan has outcoached Thibs.
Mitch can do everything for us that Capella has done with added spot perimeter defense. Add to the fact that he’s a constant lob threat which won’t allow the hawks to overload on one side of the court. Just his ability to blow up some of the lobs is invaluable.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You can’t let me walk if your goal is to show stars that New York is a viable option for them now.
Nobody is saying let him walk. I am saying run it back.

His cap hold is the same 29 Mil you’re talking about giving him long term. So even if he improved his play and deserved a larger contract it would cost the exact same amount in regards to the cap and adding talent as if they extended him in your scenario. They aren’t having cap space after 2022. So it doesn’t matter if they pay him 29 or 41 next year.

Flipside they shouldn’t tie themselves to him long term after this series. For all we know going forward teams will just mimic the hawks and he’ll play shytty in the regular season.

He shyt the bed and that cost him the extension. Everyone should be able to understand that. Long term he might be a knick, but extending him now only serves Randle.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The Hawks front court did nothing game 1...literally nothing. Capela isn’t dominating to the degree he did to end the season.

Trae is on 1 and I don’t see Mitch stopping him. Great offense beats great defense. Ja put up 47 meeting Gobert at the rim. Trae is a special player.

We lost game 3 because while we tried to trap Trae, he was able to pass to a big at the free throw line who just lobbed it to the big at baseline. Taj was caught between the two and didn’t have the athleticism to recover. Mitch could have blown that up.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way

nikka you sound crazy. you really think mitch couldnt have stolen us a possession or two just off his presence over noel.
:mjlol: be blessed bro

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
nikka you sound crazy. you really think mitch couldnt have stolen us a possession or two just off his presence over noel.
:mjlol: be blessed bro
It would have been an entirely different game.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
We lost game 3 because while we tried to trap Trae, he was able to pass to a big at the free throw line who just lobbed it to the big at baseline. Taj was caught between the two and didn’t have the athleticism to recover. Mitch could have blown that up.
Trae would adjust. We’re at a talent deficit here dude our best player can’t get going we can’t scratch 100 points. They have way more shooting than us.