Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Frank wasn’t 23 playing behind a Julius Randle during a potential playoff season. Frank’s pathway to becoming a solid offensive contributor was always evident. Obi has shown nothing on defense. I’m not giving up on Obi or calling him a bust. But there isn’t a realistic circumstance where Obi can contribute to this team more than what he can bring us in a trade ASAP. At best, he looks like he’s going to be a back up 4 for the next 3-4 seasons.
nikka played under 9 different coaches and had multiple 30+ min games and this is your excuse? Meanwhile Kuzma bombed his first season playing with AD.
pPdNZ3c_d.webp

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Pelicans are dangling a first to get up off of Bledsoe... what we thinking? :patrice:
Besides Bledsoe being trash there's two other downsides to it:

1. Thibs will never play that pick so it will be a loss unless we trade the pick later.

2. @A.R. will be in this thread posting non-stop about Bledoe's biceps :dame:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Pelicans are dangling a first to get up off of Bledsoe... what we thinking? :patrice:

I wonder what Brock Aller is thinking with this one. On the one hand, crappy contract. On the other hand, it’s only a partial guarantee after next season that comes with a first rounder an also...Bledsoe is better than his NO numbers (not to be mistaken with good but better than that).

I could see Thibs getting more outta Bledsoe and us being able to flip him in time.

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Besides Bledsoe being trash there's two other downsides to it:

1. Thibs will never play that pick so it will be a loss unless we trade the pick later.

2. @A.R. will be in this thread posting non-stop about Bledoe's biceps :dame:

disagree...

Thibs gave playing time to IQ... :lawd:

Thibs gave playing time to Obi... :ld:

Thibs been fair for the most part. it's up to the players to capitalize on their playing time and figure it out. coach can only do so much. it's a 2-way street at the end of the day. do your part as a player and show up when your name is called.

"b-b-but i don't get enough touches." :sadcam:

those bs excuses don't work in the pros. either speak up and ask for the ball or get back to the bench...:camby:

NYC patience runs thin. results or nothing.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I wonder what Brock Aller is thinking with this one. On the one hand, crappy contract. On the other hand, it’s only a partial guarantee after next season that comes with a first rounder an also...Bledsoe is better than his NO numbers (not to be mistaken with good but better than that).

I could see Thibs getting more outta Bledsoe and us being able to flip him in time.
He’s also better than Elf. Who id hope we’d include in the trade.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
disagree...

Thibs been fair for the most part. it's up to the players to capitalize on their playing time and figure it out. coach can only do so much. it's a 2-way street at the end of the day. do your part as a player and show up when your name is called.

those bs excuses don't work in the pros. either speak up and ask for the ball or get back to the bench...:camby:

True. If we draft a guy who can play defense, Thibs will give them chances.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
disagree...

Thibs gave IQ playing time only because we were severely depleted at PG/SG and even then IQ had to go off in multiple games before being given serious time. If IQ wasn't able to hit threes he would be on the bench dancing with Pinson.

Show up when your name is called :mjtf: we're talking about rookies here.

During a pandemic year, without summer league and limited pre-season action, you're expecting a rookie who is told to be Channing Frye and stand in the corner to figure it out?

You got 3 minutes and 45 seconds in that corner while Randle drinks his Gatorade, FIGURE IT OUT!

Speaking up and asking for the ball worked great for RJ last year with Randle and Payton freezing him out :unimpressed:

Results or nothing? Congrats on beating Bulls/Pacers/Cavs to the play in spot with 40 year old Taj Gibson instead of developing your rookie :beli: