Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yeah I saw an instance last night where Obi had Russ on his hip in the paint, and tried to body him, and couldn't do nothing with him. He definitely gotta work on his strength.
It really is his strength. Definition of a upper classman bodying weaker/younger competition in college and now we have to wait and see if he can add enough muscle to do it in the nba.

Looking at Rudy Gobert who was drafted at obi’ sage. It’s reasonable to believe he can get stronger. Rudy was really bad too it takes a while to add that strength.

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It really is his strength. Definition of a upper classman bodying weaker/younger competition in college and now we have to wait and see if he can add enough muscle to do it in the nba.

Looking at Rudy Gobert who was drafted at obi’ sage. It’s reasonable to believe he can get stronger. Rudy was really bad too it takes a while to add that strength.

told y’all he ain’t built for the 4 :sas1:

same size as Tatum. tweak his game to play at the 3 :manny:

let him do it in the G League tho :skip:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Toppin isn’t being used to his strengths at all.

He’s only playing spurts and is being used as a hand off guy and spot up shooter. He’s out the game if he fukks up.

It’s not like dude is super inefficient out there he’s shooting 67% at the rim. The problem is he has more threes than shots at the rim. :dead:

That type of shyt comes down to coaching and his function in the offense.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Toppin isn’t being used to his strengths at all.

He’s only playing spurts and is being used as a hand off guy and spot up shooter. He’s out the game if he fukks up.

It’s not like dude is super inefficient out there he’s shooting 67% at the rim. The problem is he has more threes than shots at the rim. :dead:

That type of shyt comes down to coaching and his function in the offense.
Yea, I see a lot of potential in him. At the very least, we need him as a backup forward.

It's crazy that he's not getting the Frank hive treatment when he has the better potential to be a way better 2 way player than him.

nikkas giving frank 10+ years and wanting to trade Obi after half a season. This shyt is fukking ridiculous.

tenor.gif

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yea, I see a lot of potential in him. At the very least, we need him as a backup forward.

It's crazy that he's not getting the Frank hive treatment when he has the better potential to be a way better 2 way player than him.

nikkas giving frank 10+ years and wanting to trade Obi after half a season. This shyt is fukking ridiculous.

tenor.gif
Frank wasn’t 23 playing behind a Julius Randle during a potential playoff season. Frank’s pathway to becoming a solid offensive contributor was always evident. Obi has shown nothing on defense. I’m not giving up on Obi or calling him a bust. But there isn’t a realistic circumstance where Obi can contribute to this team more than what he can bring us in a trade ASAP. At best, he looks like he’s going to be a back up 4 for the next 3-4 seasons.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Frank wasn’t 23 playing behind a Julius Randle during a potential playoff season. Frank’s pathway to becoming a solid offensive contributor was always evident. Obi has shown nothing on defense. I’m not giving up on Obi or calling him a bust. But there isn’t a realistic circumstance where Obi can contribute to this team more than what he can bring us in a trade ASAP. At best, he looks like he’s going to be a back up 4 for the next 3-4 seasons.
Frank isn’t a solid offensive contributor never has been. Frank has played more minutes and gotten more leash throughout his career. He has had pretty weak comp at his position and never seized opportunities given to him.

Obi has been about neutral defensively he puts in effort despite occasional lapses/being outmuscled it hasn’t even been a story for as much as it was talked about draft time.

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

tenor.gif

that gif tho :russ:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Frank isn’t a solid offensive contributor never has been. Frank has played more minutes and gotten more leash throughout his career. He has had pretty weak comp at his position and never seized opportunities given to him.

Obi has been about neutral defensively he puts in effort despite occasional lapses/being outmuscled it hasn’t even been a story for as much as it was talked about draft time.
But you’re clearly seeing that most young players need to me nurtured and grown and bad circumstances can fukk up draft picks all the time. Even a “sure thing” like Obi has lost all confidence because he’s in a situation without a defined role that plays to his strengths. There’s absolutely no reason Obi isn’t playing the whole fourth quarter last night. None.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I just don’t get why they drafted Obi if they planned to play him like Knox. Knox might do some good with those reps since he’s a shooter. Obi needs post-ups and cutting opportunities. He needs to play off motion and transitions. I hope the return of some true PG’s helps him snap out of it. But obi just seems like a square peg for the PF role in Thibs’ offense.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I just don’t get why they drafted Obi if they planned to play him like Knox. Knox might do some good with those reps since he’s a shooter. Obi needs post-ups and cutting opportunities. He needs to play off motion and transitions. I hope the return of some true PG’s helps him snap out of it. But obi just seems like a square peg for the PF role in Thibs’ offense.
Because they didn't suspect a good season out of Randle and expected that Toppin would be replacing him.

Their initial goal was a PF and PG to replace Randle and L.

With a little tweaking from KP, Randle became an all star.

Knox has big shoes to fill. He's getting traded and will eventually blossom on another team.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
sayin obi is trash doesnt feel right.
watch how he plays. everytime he gets the ball he puts his head down, dribbles to da closest player, and does a hand off.

then he just chills by da three point doing nothing. hes not even lookin for any offense. i think thibs could do a better job of getting him involved in da offense and give him a chance to do some of da things he did in college.

this game was a perfect opportunity for that. seemed like randle was cussin at him and tellin him to take his opportunies and not wait for them
This. This thread is like whiplash. The first game Obi played and he was balling everyone was :noah:

We know he has it in him, he’s not being set up to succeed.