Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
It feels like anytime now the Knicks will announce a trade. I don’t see them staying with the same players for the rest of the season.

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thibs gave IQ playing time only because we were severely depleted at PG/SG and even then IQ had to go off in multiple games before being given serious time. If IQ wasn't able to hit threes he would be on the bench dancing with Pinson.

Show up when your name is called :mjtf: we're talking about rookies here.

During a pandemic year, without summer league and limited pre-season action, you're expecting a rookie who is told to be Channing Frye and stand in the corner to figure it out?

You got 3 minutes and 45 seconds in that corner while Randle drinks his Gatorade, FIGURE IT OUT!

Speaking up and asking for the ball worked great for RJ last year with Randle and Payton freezing him out :unimpressed:

Results or nothing? Congrats on beating Bulls/Pacers/Cavs to the play in spot with 40 year old Taj Gibson instead of developing your rookie :beli:

yikes :huhldup:

all that emotion prove you a real fan! :gladbron:

we gonna need you for the playoffs breh :smugfavre:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Thibs gave IQ playing time only because we were severely depleted at PG/SG and even then IQ had to go off in multiple games before being given serious time. If IQ wasn't able to hit threes he would be on the bench dancing with Pinson.

During a pandemic year, without summer league and limited pre-season action, you're expecting a rookie who is told to be Channing Frye and stand in the corner to figure it out?

You got 3 minutes and 45 seconds in that corner while Randle drinks his Gatorade, FIGURE IT OUT!

Speaking up and asking for the ball worked great for RJ last year with Randle and Payton freezing him out :unimpressed:

Results or nothing? Congrats on beating Bulls/Pacers/Cavs to the play in spot with 40 year old Taj Gibson instead of developing your rookie :beli:
:hhh: That rookie shot a career 41 percent from three in college but he can’t translate hitting open threes in the league?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:hhh: That rookie shot a career 41 percent from three in college but he can’t translate hitting open threes in the league?
Well, in college he was a pick and popper and shot them at low volume.

Here he's being used as a spot up shooter and taking them at a high volume.

Shooting is also not his strength he can hit it but as we see he shoots a high arcing knuckleball so his shooting needs refinement. His real strength is paint play and so far he has taken more jumpers than paint shots.

He has taken 4 hook shots all year.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Rookie bigs don’t get love under Thibs.
My theory. Thibs is putting Obi into unfamiliar spots because he wants to expand his perimeter skills. He is giving him the quick hook and tough love treatment for motivation purposes.

Obi comes back jacked next year with a tighter handle and jumper :blessed:

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Rookie bigs don’t get love under Thibs.

Thibs an old school, baby boomer, knucklehead. it’s been working tho :wow:

My theory. Thibs is putting Obi into unfamiliar spots because he wants to expand his perimeter skills. He is giving him the quick hook and tough love treatment for motivation purposes.

:ohhh:

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Hopefully, because if we end up packaging him before this happens it'll be Thibs' fault. :francis:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps

:lawd:

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

ok...

Thibs gave IQ playing time only because we were severely depleted at PG/SG...

who's the backup for Julius at PF?

Show up when your name is called :mjtf: we're talking about rookies here....

$10M for 2 years? i'd show up for that...

Obi Toppin

Channing avg 12 ppg rookie year. Obi is 33% of that. is 4 ppg for #8 pick enough? Frye was also drafted #8.

channing frye 2005 stats - Google Search

I don't understand your comments regarding Randle & RJ :gucci:

take a deep breath, recollect your thoughts, think logically, and put your feelings to the side.

not trying to be an a$$hole but my answers were all common sense.

Last edited:

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
ok...

Thibs gave IQ playing time only because we were severely depleted at PG/SG...

who's the backup for Julius at PF?

Show up when your name is called :mjtf: we're talking about rookies here....

$10M for 2 years? i'd show up for that...

Obi Toppin

Channing avg 12 ppg rookie year. Obi is 33% of that. is 4 ppg for #8 pick not enough?

channing frye 2005 stats - Google Search

I don't understand your comments regarding Randle & RJ :gucci:

take a deep breath, recollect your thoughts, think logically, and put your feelings to the side.

not trying to be an a$$hole but my answers were all common sense.

Frye averaged 24 minutes his rookie year though....:gucci: