Yu Yu Hakusho getting a live action series.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Any of the brehs check it out yet? :lupe:

I caught the first episode, started a little shaky but ended well :ehh:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
First episode had me like, "nice, they got us past all of the spirit Yusuke stuff fast and effective"
Second episode got me like "okay, hopefully they slow down by the time we get to Genkai"

It's going a little fast, but I think that makes sense while they try to hook viewers. It seems like they're trying to get us through the saint beasts arc in 5 episodes flat. That's probably gonna feel rushed, but I'm appreciating the characters and the action scenes at least. I hope this is successful enough to get us a genuine season 2. Since the action has been a strongpoint, I think the Dark Tournament's got potential.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: This moving a bit fast for me. I don't expect it to be a faithful adaption and I understand some stuff isn't gonna translate to live action but we're 15 mins in and he's already meeting Koenma and the whole Spirit World is being explained. Like cotdamn :mjlol:

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Rushed as shyt. They ruined the plot. First 2 episodes weren’t bad. After that it just went left. No dark tournament. Genkai barely in it. Zero connection between the group. Only thing solid was some of the fight choreography. No point in making a live action if you’re gonna cut this much out. 4/10

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
First episode had me like, "nice, they got us past all of the spirit Yusuke stuff fast and effective"
Second episode got me like "okay, hopefully they slow down by the time we get to Genkai"

It's going a little fast, but I think that makes sense while they try to hook viewers. It seems like they're trying to get us through the saint beasts arc in 5 episodes flat. That's probably gonna feel rushed, but I'm appreciating the characters and the action scenes at least. I hope this is successful enough to get us a genuine season 2. Since the action has been a strongpoint, I think the Dark Tournament's got potential.

Bro did you type this without watching the show? There is no dark tournament anymore. :dead: