Yu Yu Hakusho getting a live action series.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The English dub is hilariously awful :mjlol: You'd think netflix would at least put some effort into that. shyt they could've done like how they did for the One Piece Japanese dub and used the anime cast...though Laura Bailey's prolly busy with all the video games she be in.

I might rewatch with the dub the whole way through for janky 80s/90s comedy factor :pachaha:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The English dub is hilariously awful :mjlol: You'd think netflix would at least put some effort into that. shyt they could've done like how they did for the One Piece Japanese dub and used the anime cast...though Laura Bailey's prolly busy with all the video games she be in.

I might rewatch with the dub the whole way through for janky 80s/90s comedy factor :pachaha:

That's a shame. The English dub for the anime was actually really good.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
My overall verdict is this was very well made and they got all the characters right...but 5 episodes simply was not enough to tell the story they were trying to tell. They got all the beats, but the weight and the stakes just aren't there. Netflix has to stop half-assing these shyts man...either be all-in, or not at all.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
They rushed way too much stuff. I was entertained but the stuff that was cut out of it made the reason for opening the portal to the demon world seem silly. The way they paced everything, focusing on Yuske being a spirit detective they should have just skipped to the Shinsui arc :yeshrug:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
They rushed way too much stuff. I was entertained but the stuff that was cut out it made the reason for opening the portal to the demon world seem silly. The way they paced everything focusing on being a spirit detective they should have just skipped to the Shinsui arc :yeshrug:
You just can't tell the whole Toguro story in 3 episodes man

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Like it would've been fine if they just took the original Toguro/Tarukane storyline and just gave Hiei and Kurama some enemies to fight. Maybe throw in the Saint Beasts. Final minutes of the last episode, Toguro pulls up on the motorcycle

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I didn't hate it but they could have done much better with 5 more episodes. Not interested in another season if they're going to cut it up like the first one.