Yu Yu Hakusho getting a live action series.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I thought this was dope. Rushed but dope if you stop trying to compare it to the anime. They cut out most of the filler in the anime. And Japs always seem to do better fight scenes than Americas with a fraction of the budget.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Yeah this was the abridged version of Yu Yu Hakusho. Everything that made the anime/manga’s story great was lost. The action was persevered but skipping straight to Toguro’s fight wasn’t a good direction for the show.
Yeah the message not fully there. The dark tournament is supposed to be a beyond scared straight experience for Yusuke. Supposed to be about guiding at risk youth

Canon

Veteran
Daps
this sucked. tone felt completely off.

I see why they quietly released it

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I thought this was dope. Rushed but dope if you stop trying to compare it to the anime. They cut out most of the filler in the anime. And Japs always seem to do better fight scenes than Americas with a fraction of the budget.
It went far beyond just cutting out filler breh. They pretty much took the important dark tournament plots beat for beat but stripped so much away none of it had any weight. You need a much more established relationship between Genkai and Yusuke for one thing, and Yusukes bond with Kuwabara, Hiei, and Kurama needs to have gone on forblobger than just one little mission for the "Don't throw away your friends for strength" theme to really matter. He just met these nikkas! Like breh said, it comes like a 5 episode recap than a real show.

Like why should I care about Toguro killing Genkai when it happens off screen, we only seen her for 5 minutes, and Yusuke only trained with her for a couple days?

You gotta let this shyt marinate.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Action was dope, great casting but like others have said they rushed the absolute shyt outta this

In my opinion Yu Yu Hakusho is one of the few long form anime that have a very small amount of filler, its not like they needed to gut the core of the show to get to the meat of the matter. The first episode it was ok to speed up some of the plot points but they did Genkai dirty and they did Kuwabara and Yusuke’s transition from rivals into actual friends and brothers at arms dirty. Don’t even get me started on Hiei and Kurama. It made ZERO SENSE why Yusuke would give up half his life for Kurama, a demon who’d just stood by and watched him almost get killed earlier in the episode.

Should’ve been at LEAST 8 episodes

Remember, the ONLY reason they didn’t fukk up the One Piece adaptation was because the creator of the manga REFUSED to allow them to. He had final say over casting, scripts, and set design. This doesn’t bode well for the Avatar adaptation they have coming in a few months as they og creators left early in development.

Funny thing is even with all the flaws its still better than the trash ass Cowboy Bebop adaptation. Netflix will forever be some punks for royally dumping on what is one of the greatest anime of all time.