Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PS4/Vita][May 25] - Action JRPG Brehs..

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Yeah, this one was way longer than it needed to be. And that was even with skipping most of the Dana's past stuff.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo @The Mad Titan is the post-game content based before or after the final battle? If before I might just say fukk it.

Also I'd annoyed me that I can't use
Dana
even though I used all my elixirs on her. :stopitslime:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally done. Here is a little review:
  • Gameplay - 10/10, very difficult to criticise, combat is basically flawless, exploration is fun, dungeons are, customisation, difficulty etc all really good.
  • Soundtrack and setting are both pretty solid
  • Story/presentation - by Ys standards, the story/presentation/writing are very good, but in comparison to Persona. Trails of etc it isn't near that level.
All in all, 9/10 game.

Now where is Ys9 at. :stopitslime:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo @The Mad Titan is the post-game content based before or after the final battle? If before I might just say fukk it.

Also I'd annoyed me that I can't use
Dana
even though I used all my elixirs on her. :stopitslime:
Wait what I was able to use
everyone?!

post-game content is all before the final post from what I can tell.

I pumped up adol... :francis:he was way to good.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally done. Here is a little review:
  • Gameplay - 10/10, very difficult to criticise, combat is basically flawless, exploration is fun, dungeons are, customisation, difficulty etc all really good.
  • Soundtrack and setting are both pretty solid
  • Story/presentation - by Ys standards, the story/presentation/writing are very good, but in comparison to Persona. Trails of etc it isn't near that level.
All in all, 9/10 game.

Now where is Ys9 at. :stopitslime:
Man I really enjoyed the game, combat, story and plenty of things to do. But I actually have to knock off about 2 points for the story dragging on a bit to long. Granted back in the day when I had nothing but free time I probably would have been a bit more ok with it.

Also some of Dana's stuff was just straight up boring. I literally skipped whole scenes lol... and really never go that far.

Its a 7.5 out of 10 for me. But a "good" 7.5 lol.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait what I was able to use
everyone?!

post-game content is all before the final post from what I can tell.

I pumped up adol... :francis:he was way to good.

Uh breh you can't use every one in the last fight. Was your last fight against the sea monster or the tree of life?

You mightn't have got the true ending breh.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I really enjoyed the game, combat, story and plenty of things to do. But I actually have to knock off about 2 points for the story dragging on a bit to long. Granted back in the day when I had nothing but free time I probably would have been a bit more ok with it.

Also some of Dana's stuff was just straight up boring. I literally skipped whole scenes lol... and really never go that far.

Its a 7.5 out of 10 for me. But a "good" 7.5 lol.

Nah the gameplay is waaaaaaayyyyy too good for it to be a 7.5. What Jrpg this gen has better gameplay? It's an 8.0 on a bad day.

In general the game is crazy good outside of the story / writing. And the story is the best in the series.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Besides Dana/Adol being the best most fun / best characters for the combat, Hummel was silly op in boss fights. He had a really interesting skillset that you could use to cheese enemies. Ricotta was also fun as fukk to play with. Sahad was the least interesting.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Your are fifteen levels ahead of me when I finished. :russ:

I can't help it, breh. :to:

If I run up on an enemy that's like 50 levels higher than me and it takes damage when I hit it? Even 1 or 2 damage.....

I'ma be level grinding until I beat it. Im not going any further in the story. :snoop:

It happened with those velociraptors, that robot T-Rex, and those brontosaurs.

Then this stupid game revives them on the spot if you're not supposed to be able to kill them story wise. :stopitslime:

I been stuck like this since Final Fantasy 7, and that snake in the desert. :mjcry: