Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PS4/Vita][May 25] - Action JRPG Brehs..

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the most fun straight up action JRPGS I've ever played. So much fun mastering the combat system and wrecking shyt. The story also picks up as you go. Amazing game IMO

Hopefully 9 goes back to a shorter game length, 8 was fantastic but too long thanks to story bloat no one needs in a Ys game.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got this (along with Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami 2 & Tales of Beseria; they're all on sale, all collectively costing about the price of 1 full price game) today for Father's Day from the misses. Seems like it'll be a good game. How ya'll brehs feeling about it? I never played the series before, but it looks fairly decent enough, if not a tad underlevelled graphically.

On sale where?

Fred.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Well, I started this one up too and while it's taking its sweet time getting started (I know, the most tropiest trope of jRPG tropes) and it's graphically a lil fugly in some ways and got some weird walk animations (wonder how the rest of the animations going to be), I can appreciate the game's smoothness of controls thus far. Finally, another jRPG that has auto-scrolling text as an option. See...it's not that fukking hard.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got this (along with Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami 2 & Tales of Beseria; they're all on sale, all collectively costing about the price of 1 full price game) today for Father's Day from the misses. Seems like it'll be a good game. How ya'll brehs feeling about it? I never played the series before, but it looks fairly decent enough, if not a tad underlevelled graphically.
I was thinking about copping this but it looks so low tier. I did cop Tales for 5$ even though I beat it back when it released but I sold it

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I was thinking about copping this but it looks so low tier. I did cop Tales for 5$ even though I beat it back when it released but I sold it

Yeah, ultimately it's legit and pretty fun. When you see all the other good things about it, the art style gfx will do just good enough to suffice, if nothing else.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't judge Falcom games on the graphics. They are a low budget Japanese studio. Its all about the gameplay loop with Ys.
Of course I already played and beat the first Trails in the Sky, Cold Steele 1 and halfway through Cold Steele 2. The videos I seen of the Ys did it no justice, I copped for 30$ yesterday, you and @Khalil's_Black_Excellence are right this game is very good.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Of course I already played and beat the first Trails in the Sky, Cold Steele 1 and halfway through Cold Steele 2. The videos I seen of the Ys did it no justice, I copped for 30$ yesterday, you and @Khalil's_Black_Excellence are right this game is very good.

Oddly enough, my wife thought that it looks pretty great graphically...to which like most things involving her opinions, I find to be utter batshyt insanity. And with that as part of her opinion (and some other..at least more sensible reasons) she was royally shytting on Tales of Vesperia when I played that.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this one is shaping up to be one of my favorite RPGs this gen:wow:

I been playing all day just did the first beast hunt and I like how I can’t over level in this. The game keeps the pace and difficulty just right. Characters are cool with some good dialogue amongst each other. I still can’t believe I’m just now playing this

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This game hitting :wow:

3 hours in.

I had to change the button to the switch characters because I kept switching instead of attacking but other than that no complaints.

Well one more...do my team even help me fight :dahell:

I swear they just be standing there while I'm fighting

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This game hitting :wow:

3 hours in.

I had to change the button to the switch characters because I kept switching instead of attacking but other than that no complaints.

Well one more...do my team even help me fight :dahell:

I swear they just be standing there while I'm fighting

The A.I. is amazing in this game. But they won't attack if they have 1 hp left or you have defensive settings on.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The A.I. is amazing in this game. But they won't attack if they have 1 hp left or you have defensive settings on.
I had the defense settings on :ohhh:

Should I change to offense :ohhh:

Bro...I want to explore this whole island. I'm intrigued :ohhh:

Last edited: