Youtuber MrBeast pays to cure blindness for 1000 people and wants to make billions to give away to charity

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
blame a 24 year old who’s done more to help people than 99.99% people here for society’s ills brehs :mjlol:

How many here have cured blindness for 1000 others? Because we can with certainty see the direct help he’s done. All the opinionated bias and political bs being used to attack him is dumb. Those 1000 people’s lives have completely changed in real time, and I’m sure they’re not feeling exploited. That’s ultimately what matters most.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Did you watch the video or not? :skip:

They show direct examples of massive corporations using his channel to whitewash themselves so they can keep fukking over workers, customers, and the general public while keeping their image clean.

That's just the direct shyt, not to mention how someone with a 9-figure bank account, a ton of houses and luxury cars, and a high-flying lifestyle is perpetuating the systems that are destroying the planet via overconsumption, environmental destruction, and wealth inequality. Not to mention how far his channel goes to advertize, promote, and whitewash such lifestyles, against the people actually trying to change the system.

And it works. Just look at how hard his defenders are doing their work in this thread.

You obviously didn't watch the video.

You saying he "used the money for good", but they gave mutliple examples of his "good deads" actually being direct actions to fund THEIR agenda. Corporations wouldn't give directly give him tens of millions of dollars a year and then advertize on his channel for tens of millions more besides if they didn't think he was helping their cause.

He claims that he spends $8 million a month, yet he has an estimated net worth over $100 million. Nearly ALL of that many comes from corporations, both much of costs of production (since corporate sponsors directly fund many of his videos) and nearly all of the profits (since corporate sponsors are the ones who pay for the advertizing that makes the built of his income). Why would they do that if they didn't think he was promoting their agenda?

But if he uses a tiny portion of his energy to make money off an online "charity" stunt, you think that's enough reason to make him beyond any criticism.

Yeah, I gotta a life to live I am not just watching videos people send me on here cause they ask. lol
And like I said previously the corporations reasons for giving him the money aren't working on me. I said he did a good deed, the end. I didn't go watch his channel, I didn't support the companies who supported him.
Are you susceptible the advertising you see in the media you watch?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
He's worth over $100,000,000, owns 5+ homes and a fleet of luxury cars, constantly makes videos living the high life eating the most expensive food on Earth and staying in the most expensive hotels he can find, yet people really think he does this shyt out of some desire for equality and not for clout.

Everything about his life is only possible because of the exact inequalities he claims to be against.

And he started giving away charity for videos cause it got attention and makes him a shytload of money. He only switched it up to this means of clout after trying 1000 other ways of gaining clout. But the actual shyt he does is usually inefficient as hell and never addresses the root issues with the system, he just aims for things that are easiest to market like, "curing blind people!" or "planting trees!" or "cleaning up the ocean!" becauase they lead to clicks.

lol. His videos on average cost around a million dollars to produce and he didn't do this until 10 years into his career, how the fukk is this "faster and more efficient"?

"Faster and more efficient" would be if he had been funding actual grassroots health care initiatives from the moment he started making money, instead of only doing it once in a blue moon when he wants to make content. He could easily have helped 10x as many people with 1/10th the funds if he had done it low-key and worked to improve systems rather than trying to make a video go viral for profit.

Look at the comments and you'll see a huge number of MrBeast fans say shyt like, "This is why government sucks! Private charity is better!" He's perpetuating the notion that rich people deserve to hoard money and power and it should be up to them to decide when they toss out a little charity for the masses so we will grovel at their feet.
You're wasting your time
Thecoli loves sukking rich dikk

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah, I gotta a life to live I am not just watching videos people send me on here cause they ask. lol

And that's the essense is the worst kind of message board behavior. You have zero time to educate yourself on a topic, but you have all the time in the world to preach your uneducated opinion to others even if they have 100x more experience in the field than you do.

So you refuse to watch a video on the topic. Have you at least read a book? I posted 9 books on the subject, have you read any of them before? Or any other similar books? Or even done work/research in that field?

If not, then why do you think your opinion matters? You're the essence of a "useful idiot" because you're willing to work as a corporate attack dog for them, yet not even motivated enough to dig deeper and find out what's actually going on.

Remember when I told you that Tulsi was just caping for tyrants and promoting right-wing propaganda, but you refused to believe it and were some huge Tulsi stan taking her at face value? Now that she's a Tucker Carlson fill-in host with a Fox News deal and opening campaigning for election deniers, are you will to admit that poorly researched superficial positions might not always be the right ones? Or do you still believe that she's a righteous free thinker fighting against the establishment?

Last edited:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure those 1000 blind folks happy as hell.

What have you done to help people? This dude started a YT channel, hustled, made it big and now helps folks along the way. He could be a complete dikkhead like the Paul brothers.

Twitter and SM in general got full blown haters.

A person could find a cure for cancer and I know for a fact someone will hate on SM.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And that's the essense is the worst kind of message board behavior. You have zero time to educate yourself on a topic, but you have all the time in the world to preach your uneducated opinion to others even if they have 100x more experience in the field than you do.

So you refuse to watch a video on the topic. Have you at least read a book? I posted 9 books on the subject, have you read any of them before? Or any other similar books? Or even done work/research in that field?

If not, then why do you think your opinion matters? You're the essence of a "useful idiot" because you're willing to work as a corporate attack dog for them, yet not even motivated enough to dig deeper and find out what's actually going on.

Remember when I told you that Tulsi was just caping for tyrants and promoting right-wing propaganda, but you refused to believe it and were some huge Tulsi stan taking her at face value? Now that she's a Tucker Carlson fill-in host with a Fix News deal and opening campaigning for election deniers, and you will to admit that poorly researched superficial positions might not always be the right ones?
How do you know you have 100x more experience than me? Do you know what I do for a living? I work in the non-profit mission driven field for the last 12 years. I know you think highly of yourself but bring the multiple down at least. lol
I also remember you saying Hunter Biden's laptop was obvious disinformation from Rusia and just yesterday he admitted it is indeed his laptop. So yes, nobody is perfect for a multitiude of reasons. lol

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're an equal-opportunity bootlicker? My point wasn't about it being a black woman, my point was that you and the other infantalize the fukk out of rich people.

If a 24yo hood brother had been engaging in criminal activity for 10 years, you'd say he was a lost cause and deserved whatever he got. If a 24yo black woman had been sleeping around for 10 years, you'd say she was a thot and a lost cause. But if a rich man has been sucking off the corporate teat for 10 years, you think it's just a phase, says nothing about him cause he's young and has time to learn.

In my experience, gangbangers are far more likely to leave the streets and promiscuous young women are far more likely to settle down, than rich men are going to repent and turn against the corporate machine giving them their wealth.

That's literally Biblical (Matthew 19:24).

It also called Mr. Beast a "useful idiot". :comeon:

My point has nothing to do with where Mr. Beast's heart is. If you have read some of the books I posted in the previous comment, you'd know that a lot of people involved in the corporate aid scams are evil as fukk, but a lot more are just tools of the system. If he doesn't know what's going on, that's on him. Like I said, I did more due diligence than this when I was far younger than him and giving away far smaller amounts. How the fukk are you going to spend millions of dollars making videos that will be seen by millions of people without doing the research to figure out what you're actually supporting?

He's building insane wealth entirely funded by corporations, who are using his videos to build themselves even greater wealth. No one thinks they would fund all these giveaways and ads that get Mr. Beast his paychecks unless they were clearing much more than they pay on the other end. The meagre charitable actions they fund for him, which is a tiny fraction of the money he spends or makes on his channel, is purposeful whitewashing designed to push the rest of it.

Mostly, I'm calling out people who are trying to prop him up as some sort of wonderful philanthropist. I think he's doing much more harm than good. While he could simply be emblematic of a terrible system, we're not going to reform that system if we believe that the corporate world's biggest cheerleaders are some sort of heroes.

If your point has nothing to do with where his heart lies why are you in this thread when that's exactly what the point of the thread is?

We get it breh, you think what he's doing is not efficient and is doing more harm than good. We watched your video. Cool. Now you're calling people bootlickers cause they don't see mrbeast in the same light as gangbangers. The irony is that the same way you think his way of giving is not effecient, the same way your way of "educating" people by being condescending towards them is inefficient and probably won't convince many... But guess what, i can still tell your heart is in the right place :troll:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't even need to read the thread to know what y'all on :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people in here saying he is doing something are morons
I see posters on this forum routinely laugh any time someone suggests a billionaire corporation pay their workers more but then I also see people saying all rich people need to be altruists.
There's no logic its all just upholding the system in place so people can be exploited

Has anyone talked to the beneficiaries of this procedure and asked how they feel about Mr. Beast? Or if they care that this was self serving?

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
That makes you sound naive. It reminds me of the people who supported Trump's "charitable" actions before he became president, even though every single one of them was bullshyt image-building he was using to position himself in society. Do you really think all of Trump's "charity" was beyond rebuke too?

Those of us who actually work in the nonprofit and activism sectors talk about this shyt all the time. There are numerous books written on how much of charity is a net negative and just image-washing by capitalists in order to maintain their position on top of society while actually doing very little good.

51YCrCMOr-L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41bvQwUG2LL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51Oi6LfY-VL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

514-E1YYUoL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

31AIs0KktGL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41X8-w523uL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51SpemEpjCL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_FMwebp_.jpg

51-q9NQ0lqL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

110197267X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

If you become involved in helping people and do the work to make sure you're really doing more good than harm, then you'll start to take a different view of all these rich people's charities. Nothing is beyond reproach.

So you're an equal-opportunity bootlicker? My point wasn't about it being a black woman, my point was that you and the other infantalize the fukk out of rich people.

If a 24yo hood brother had been engaging in criminal activity for 10 years, you'd say he was a lost cause and deserved whatever he got. If a 24yo black woman had been sleeping around for 10 years, you'd say she was a thot and a lost cause. But if a rich man has been sucking off the corporate teat for 10 years, you think it's just a phase, says nothing about him cause he's young and has time to learn.

In my experience, gangbangers are far more likely to leave the streets and promiscuous young women are far more likely to settle down, than rich men are going to repent and turn against the corporate machine giving them their wealth.

That's literally Biblical (Matthew 19:24).

It also called Mr. Beast a "useful idiot". :comeon:

My point has nothing to do with where Mr. Beast's heart is. If you have read some of the books I posted in the previous comment, you'd know that a lot of people involved in the corporate aid scams are evil as fukk, but a lot more are just tools of the system. If he doesn't know what's going on, that's on him. Like I said, I did more due diligence than this when I was far younger than him and giving away far smaller amounts. How the fukk are you going to spend millions of dollars making videos that will be seen by millions of people without doing the research to figure out what you're actually supporting?

He's building insane wealth entirely funded by corporations, who are using his videos to build themselves even greater wealth. No one thinks they would fund all these giveaways and ads that get Mr. Beast his paychecks unless they were clearing much more than they pay on the other end. The meagre charitable actions they fund for him, which is a tiny fraction of the money he spends or makes on his channel, is purposeful whitewashing designed to push the rest of it.

Mostly, I'm calling out people who are trying to prop him up as some sort of wonderful philanthropist. I think he's doing much more harm than good. While he could simply be emblematic of a terrible system, we're not going to reform that system if we believe that the corporate world's biggest cheerleaders are some sort of heroes.
I've read the Dead Aid book years back, so I'm assuming the other books are of the same variety. My take away from it is most people will agree that for improvement to occur;

1. Growth is needed
2. Aid isn't a path to growth
3. In some instances, aid may even slow that growth

However, what aid is is a stop-gap measure, designed to buy time and to mitigage death and suffering until development efforts pull people the masses out of poverty. In time, less and less aid will be needed.

While aid in and of itself is not the solution, it's naive and downright cruel to suggest we cut it for the sake of economic efficiency. Aid keeps millions of people alive and reduces countless amounts of suffering.

Furthermore, that book is written by someone influenced by a strong background in western economics who calls out the corruption of many African governments for its misuse of western aid, while calling for a solution that heavily relies on the same government to completely overhaul itself and egraciate itself in a capitalistic global economy whilst overcoming its own corruption.

So is MrBeast solving the root cause issue? No, and I don't think anyone here thinks he is. At best he's a useful idiot for corporations, at worst he's a narcissistic a$$hole who gets off on having a God complex. I think its more towards former, but either way, expecting him to solve complex geopolitical issues is asinine.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You're wasting your time
Thecoli loves sukking rich dikk

This is why the corporations invest so much money into these schemes. The video I posted shows exactly that - people aren't willing to dig any deeper than the superficial narrative, so as long as you help 1000 people in a very showy, self-serving way, they'll give you a pass for fukking over millions in the process. Solely because the means you're using to fukk over millions isn't promoted with the same flair.

People saying "I bet those blind people are happy", while ignoring the same shyt can be said for every evil corporation, dictator and two-bit warlord who uses showy charity to build their image while screwing over regular people with the other 99% of their power. Not saying that Mr Beast is an evil dictator, but it's well proven that showy charity proves nothing about whether you're doing more harm or good. Even the most evil corporation in the world has a charity wing that has done far more than Mr Beast ever has.

The video goes into depth how Mr. Beast's charitable acts are explicitly designed to serve corporate narratives and promote their interests, and the posters in this thread just showing how well that works.

If it wasn't for rich people and corporations, none of these people works be blind in the first place, because health care access wouldn't be so hard to get. But apparently, caping for a system that causes 100 million people to suffer from preventable cataracts is just fine so long as you make a self-serving, for-profit video showing yourself helping 0.00001% of them.