Youtuber MrBeast pays to cure blindness for 1000 people and wants to make billions to give away to charity

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where do you think he gets the money to do it in the first place? Videos he posts. Literally the way he gets the millions of dollars he has is from videos. Even if he was a clout demon, is what he is doing for the people not valuable? Just say you dont like him and keep it moving.
he could do other videos to generate revenue and not use his charity as content, that's not real charity.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
he could do other videos to generate revenue and not use his charity as content, that's not real charity.
So everyone that does videos showing the impact of charitable events should stop? No videos showing people helping out food drives? No videos of organizations doing fundraisers for some disease? No videos of people doing stupid or silly stuff to raise money for a specific cause?

I do not know where you live or how old you are, but people generally broadcast charitable events or the results of what was done. They do that to bring awareness to what was done and to get more people to help in the future. Dont get hung up on the thought someone is making money off of the work he doing to help people. I dont watch or care to watch Mr.Beast's content but i have not heard anyone say he is on some shady shyt.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So everyone that does videos showing the impact of charitable events should stop?

It depends on their motives, if they are purely doing it to raise money for a cause and not profiting off of it or using it to boost their income as say a youtuber, then it's not a problem.

No videos showing people helping out food drives? No videos of organizations doing fundraisers for some disease? No videos of people doing stupid or silly stuff to raise money for a specific cause?

I would need to see specific cases and I'd tell if you if I agreed. What MrBeast is doing is not simply a charitable endeavor tho, I can tell you that.

I do not know where you live or how old you are, but people generally broadcast charitable events or the results of what was done.

Again you need to be specific with the examples. MrBeast is using this to boost his channel which ultimately boosts his profits, a local telethon is not doing that.

They do that to bring awareness to what was done and to get more people to help in the future.

Does MrBeast support medicare for all? What good is raising awareness when you don't support the change needed to address the issue? Philanthropy cannot resolve the health issues in this country, not even the most affordable ones. I guarantee he doesn't support medicare for all, he's a capitalist, Elon dikkriding weirdo, so no he doesn't support any type of real positive reform. I think when he brought up the blindness one, he literally was talking about returns on investment for the government so that people can "get back to work" when their blindness is cured. That is not curing or supporting curing blindness out of the kindness of your heart.

Dont get hung up on the thought someone is making money off of the work he doing to help people. I dont watch or care to watch Mr.Beast's content but i have not heard anyone say he is on some shady shyt.

He is an Elon Musk bootlicking weirdo who was doing Twitter polls asking if he should run for president after the blindness video, he is doing this for clout. I will get hung up on the money he's making and the real goals he has. Yall can just be like "WOW OMG WHAT A GOOD GUY :blessed:" like the rest of his mark ass audience, most of whom are kids with little to no critical thinking skills.

:manny:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More nonsense.

Medicare for all has a ZERO percent chance of passing and becoming law, so what difference would it make if he did or didn't support it?

This is just a lame attempt to feign moral superiority on the internet.

what policy does he support that will solve it and what are his motives for supporting it?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I respect you as a poster due to you being a knowledgeable breh. I may have to take back my last post in this thread as i never knew half this shyt and me being the optimist I am always hoping for the few "good people" in the world being actually that.
Nothing in that post matters.

Curing 1000 peoples vision is curing 1000 peoples vision talking about how many cars that man got :mjlol:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing in that post matters.

Curing 1000 peoples vision is curing 1000 peoples vision talking about how many cars that man got :mjlol:
he can afford to cure 1000 peoples vision without making a youtube video about it

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Go to any non-profit organizations website they got youtube videos about their work. It's standard practice. lol

There are entire movements within the nonprofit sector devoted to exposing how exploitative a lot of the video content is and why it's bad practice.

Last edited: