Youtuber MrBeast pays to cure blindness for 1000 people and wants to make billions to give away to charity

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
He's worth over $100,000,000, owns 5+ homes and a fleet of luxury cars, constantly makes videos living the high life eating the most expensive food on Earth and staying in the most expensive hotels he can find, yet people really think he does this shyt out of some desire for equality and not for clout.

Everything about his life is only possible because of the exact inequalities he claims to be against.

And he started giving away charity for videos cause it got attention and makes him a shytload of money. He only switched it up to this means of clout after trying 1000 other ways of gaining clout. But the actual shyt he does is usually inefficient as hell and never addresses the root issues with the system, he just aims for things that are easiest to market like, "curing blind people!" or "planting trees!" or "cleaning up the ocean!" becauase they lead to clicks.

lol. His videos on average cost around a million dollars to produce and he didn't do this until 10 years into his career, how the fukk is this "faster and more efficient"?

"Faster and more efficient" would be if he had been funding actual grassroots health care initiatives from the moment he started making money, instead of only doing it once in a blue moon when he wants to make content. He could easily have helped 10x as many people with 1/10th the funds if he had done it low-key and worked to improve systems rather than trying to make a video go viral for profit.

Look at the comments and you'll see a huge number of MrBeast fans say shyt like, "This is why government sucks! Private charity is better!" He's perpetuating the notion that rich people deserve to hoard money and power and it should be up to them to decide when they toss out a little charity for the masses so we will grovel at their feet.

Criticize 14 year olds for not starting grassroots healthcare initiatives, brehs:pachaha:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
a Society that depends on rich people for charity is not even close to a utopia

The system needs to be fixed Mr Beast has no solutions besides clouting up off charity and good deeds enriching himself. That's why he is getting hate
He is doing good deeds but he is like all the other philanthrocapitalists. Using the present systems inequality for gain

The people in here saying he is doing something are morons
I see posters on this forum routinely laugh any time someone suggests a billionaire corporation pay their workers more but then I also see people saying all rich people need to be altruists.
There's no logic its all just upholding the system in place so people can be exploited

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
"Bbbbut he's making money off it. He's not doing it from the pure kindness of his heart:sadbron:"

Who gives a fukk?:mjlol:
He cured ONE THOUSAND people's blindness. What he did in that video had a bigger positive impact than anything 99% of people will ever do in their life.

"He's exploiting them:damn:"

Do you honestly think anyone in this video will regret this? Of course not. They're just happy they can see the faces of their family and friends again.

Right, I don’t give a fukk what his reasoning is. If he actually cured people’s blindness l, even if it was less than one thousand that’s good and hopefully something he keeps doing. If he does it for clout or gets an ego boost, them people he help don’t give a fukk lol rightfully so. Donald Trump is a white supremacist and I hate him, but I can say him giving money to HBCUs was a good thing even tho it definitely was for clout. At the end of the day tho it’s about the result and if anybody was actually helped

Man a good deal of tlr hates everything walking and breathing including themselves I swear. Every thing without exception must lead to negativity and complaining. :wow:
Exactly. Why do these dudes see Everything and Everyone in a negative light.

Nobody is good enough in the coli’s eyes.
Peak Coli thread. I’m not a huge fan of this dude or anything but the ways posters are finding to shyt in him for his deeds is crazy. Bunch of angry, jaded, hateful posters in here smh.
Like if you ain’t super rich then you have no idea what a rich person should be doing.

If you ain’t giving to all of these charities and causes then you have no right to be saying what’s a good charity or a bad one.

I legit think 90% of these dudes are clinically depressed

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Yall don't trust him because your liberal white daddy told you not to.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
nikkas really wanted a 14-year-old to start a grassroots campaign for health care, knowing that any decent legislation would be DOA. :snoop:
Criticize 14 year olds for not starting grassroots healthcare initiatives, brehs:pachaha:
MrBeast is 24 years old. 10 years ago he was 14 years old. People grow and evolve. Maybe he wasn't thinking about how much good he could do and how to do it in the most effecient way back then cause he was younger. The funny thing is I don't even like him that much (just don't like his demeanor in interviews) but it it's like y'all expected him to have all the answers 10 years ago as a teenager. I don't even expect him to have all the answers today as a 24 year old. The way i see it, he's trying to do good in his own way, in his own style and with the skills and talents he has. People don't have to dikkride him for it but spitting on what he does seems a little extra.

Goddamn some of y'all infantalize the fukk out of rich white men. :deadrose:

He was 14 when he started, he's 24 now, he's had plenty of time to show that he's passionate about something more than making money, living the high life, and chasing clout. If he were a 24-year-old black woman who had been running through bodies since she was 14 you'd say she was set in her ways and a lost thot, but a 24-year-old White man who has been whoring himself to corporations for a decade is clearly a great guy who just wants to make the world a better place and still has time to "grow and evolve."

Did any of y'all even watch the video @Cape Town JHB posted, so you can understand the root of our criticism and not just reply at this superficial-ass level?

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

He was 14 when he started, he's 24 now, he's had plenty of time to show that he's passionate about something more than making money, living the high life, and chasing clout. If he were a 24-year-old black woman who had been running through bodies since she was 14 you'd say she was set in her ways and a lost thot, but a 24-year-old White man who has been whoring himself to corporations for a decade is clearly a great guy who just wants to make the world a better place and still has time to "grow and evolve."

Did any of y'all even watch the video @Cape Town JHB posted, so you can understand the root of our criticism and not just reply at this superficial-ass level?

So are you mad at Mr Beast or the fact that we live in a capitalistic society that creates a "need" for a Mr. Beast?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a particular follower of Mr beast but how do you really hate on something like this?

Thecoli
:skip:

moan and groan culture, making videos is his career so of course this is going to be on video. I give it 3 weeks before some chick tries to put him on the summer jam screen.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If it was a black woman who started the same exact channel at 14 and was now 24 doing the same as mr beast, i would have posted the same post. As a 24 year old, he has showed that he's about doing positive things as well. He's just not doing it in a way you approve.

I did watch the vid. I thought it was interesting. What i got from the video is that philanthropy is a big game for corps. As far as how it relates to mrbeast (cause his name was kinda used to hook people in but the doc wasn't really about mrbeast), even the vid you reference sorta implies MrBeast's heart is probably in the right place so i would ask did you watch it? Are we sure that HE watched it? Maybe Mrbeast is not aware of how all this shyt breaks down. I mean, I'm in my mid 30s and a lot of the stuff they talked about in the video i wasn't aware of. That's why i don't assume other people automatically have complete knowledge on certain subjects even if they are involved in it.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'm as liberal as anyone else here and want to see our system change, however, "airing out" somebody for being generous ain't it.

I notice a big argument is "If he really meant it, he'd do it in private."

Doesn't that sound a little entitled though? So the money ain't good money unless it's done without attention?

Stop gatekeeping these things.

If somebody is down bad, pretty sure they wouldn't mind if somebody gave them $10k in cash and announced it to the world.
Pretty sure they wouldn't mind that that person gained $1 mil from doing so either.

If you got a problem with the system, that's one thing, but at the end of the day this guy is a net positive. Not to mention how many people it may inspire to help someone else out.

Is he seeing money from it? Sure. is he gaining more out of it? Absolutely.
To be honest though, I don't even care if he's lying about the $0 thing either (to my knowledge he's being honest about it).

That's because at the end of the day the people he's lending a hand to are real people who would need or like some help.
Additionally, the person giving out money definitely should feel good about helping someone else out and should be rewarded for it.

Plus people get it wrong all the time. Remember how everyone said Hutch (basically youtube gaming's content creating innovator) gave them entitled kid vibes? Turns out dude is a big time "social justice warrior" and still goes hard all these years later for equality. A lot of people who tried to wreck dude's rep, saying he's just a spoiled kid 15 years ago looking silly right now.

You want smoke, give it to the people who write MrBeast's youtube/social media paycheck. I'm sure they have an awful amount of money they aren't using to help many people out. In fact, many are laying people off in 2023.

Last edited:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps

You can’t be serious. 24 is pretty young and most people under 24 don’t give a damn about anything other than having fun and making money. You expected him to be doing this at 14 :dead: Atleast say he coulda started at 18. Most of the celebrities people worship aren’t doing anything and they are over 30. I don’t give a damn about this guy at all. It’s just the point that people are actually being helped and you focused on surface level shyt. Of course he gonna record the shyt. The revenue he generates is literally funding the assistance he is providing. This is the definition of damned if you do damned if you don’t.