Youtuber MrBeast pays to cure blindness for 1000 people and wants to make billions to give away to charity

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
seeing someone get shytted on for CHARITY has to be the most TLR thing I've ever seen :dead:

That makes you sound naive. It reminds me of the people who supported Trump's "charitable" actions before he became president, even though every single one of them was bullshyt image-building he was using to position himself in society. Do you really think all of Trump's "charity" was beyond rebuke too?

51YCrCMOr-L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41bvQwUG2LL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51Oi6LfY-VL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

514-E1YYUoL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

31AIs0KktGL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41X8-w523uL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51SpemEpjCL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_FMwebp_.jpg

110197267X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Like if you ain’t super rich then you have no idea what a rich person should be doing.

If you ain’t giving to all of these charities and causes then you have no right to be saying what’s a good charity or a bad one.

This is some of the most bootlooking shyt I've ever read. You literally said rich people are beyond criticism. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Did you watch the video or not? Is this guy qualified to critique the system Mr. Beast promotes, or no?

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If it was a black woman who started the same exact channel at 14 and was now 24 doing the same as mr beast, i would have posted the same post. As a 24 year old, he has showed that he's about doing positive things as well. He's just not doing it in a way you approve.

So you're an equal-opportunity bootlicker? My point wasn't about it being a black woman, my point was that you and the other infantalize the fukk out of rich people.

If a 24yo hood brother had been engaging in criminal activity for 10 years, you'd say he was a lost cause and deserved whatever he got. If a 24yo black woman had been sleeping around for 10 years, you'd say she was a thot and a lost cause. But if a rich man has been sucking off the corporate teat for 10 years, you think it's just a phase, says nothing about him cause he's young and has time to learn.

In my experience, gangbangers are far more likely to leave the streets and promiscuous young women are far more likely to settle down, than rich men are going to repent and turn against the corporate machine giving them their wealth.

That's literally Biblical (Matthew 19:24).

I did watch the vid. I thought it was interesting. What i got from the video is that philanthropy is a big game for corps. As far as how it relates to mrbeast (cause his name was kinda used to hook people in but the doc wasn't really about mrbeast), even the vid you reference sorta implies MrBeast's heart is probably in the right place so i would ask did you watch it? Are we sure that HE watched it? Maybe Mrbeast is not aware of how all this shyt breaks down. I mean, I'm in my mid 30s and a lot of the stuff they talked about in the video i wasn't aware of. That's why i don't assume other people automatically have complete knowledge on certain subjects even if they are involved in it.

It also called Mr. Beast a "useful idiot". :comeon:

My point has nothing to do with where Mr. Beast's heart is. If you have read some of the books I posted in the previous comment, you'd know that a lot of people involved in the corporate aid scams are evil as fukk, but a lot more are just tools of the system. If he doesn't know what's going on, that's on him. Like I said, I did more due diligence than this when I was far younger than him and giving away far smaller amounts. How the fukk are you going to spend millions of dollars making videos that will be seen by millions of people without doing the research to figure out what you're actually supporting?

He's building insane wealth entirely funded by corporations, who are using his videos to build themselves even greater wealth. No one thinks they would fund all these giveaways and ads that get Mr. Beast his paychecks unless they were clearing much more than they pay on the other end. The meagre charitable actions they fund for him, which is a tiny fraction of the money he spends or makes on his channel, is purposeful whitewashing designed to push the rest of it.

So are you mad at Mr Beast or the fact that we live in a capitalistic society that creates a "need" for a Mr. Beast?

Mostly, I'm calling out people who are trying to prop him up as some sort of wonderful philanthropist. I think he's doing much more harm than good. While he could simply be emblematic of a terrible system, we're not going to reform that system if we believe that the corporate world's biggest cheerleaders are some sort of heroes.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
This is some of the most bootlooking shyt I've ever read. You literally said rich people are beyond criticism. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

How the fukk you can claim that only rich people can tell the difference between a good charity and a bad charity? I actually work in the sector and have been doing so for over a decade, I think I know slight more about good charities and bad charities than a blatant corporate tool like Mr. Beast. Even before I started working in the nonprofit sector myself, I did more due dilligence giving away hundreds of dollars when I was in college than Mr. Beast is "giving" away thousands of dollars (most of the time, not even giving it away but just making videos hyping corporate giveaways for his own clout).

Did you watch the video or not? Is this guy qualified to critique the system Mr. Beast promotes, or no?

My point is y’all are never happy, y’all always point out the negative. I don’t give AF about this dude or his channel, all I’m saying is he is using his platform to give away the money he’s making.

You can’t possibly convince me that these people that he helped gives a shyt about any of the talking points in here. I can admit that I can’t prove my point about which charity is the best or what rich people should be doing but ultimately if you are not rich then don’t tell me what rich people should be doing.

Also in this case It’s not that deep, this dude tries to help people for whatever reason, and all you do is try to find something wrong with it. If I was blind and I could now see due to his “clout chasing” exploits” or whatever reason you think he did it for, I would not care one bit. At the end of the day he helped 100 or so people that he didn’t have to.

This ain’t the hill to die on

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
My point is y’all are never happy, y’all always point out the negative. I don’t give AF about this dude or his channel, all I’m saying is he is using his platform to give away the money he’s making.

You can’t possibly convince me that these people that he helped gives a shyt about any of the talking points in here. I can admit that I can’t prove my point about which charity is the best or what rich people should be doing but ultimately if you are not rich then don’t tell me what rich people should be doing.

Also in this case It’s not that deep, this dude tries to help people for whatever reason, and all you do is try to find something wrong with it. If I was blind and I could now see due to his “clout chasing” exploits” or whatever reason you think he did it for, I would not care one bit. At the end of the day he helped 100 or so people that he didn’t have to.

This ain’t the hill to die on
Exactly, no one gives a fukk about Mr. Beast just making 1000 people see who couldn't is a good thing to do and no book or academic writings is going to convince me it's bad. People don't care about the rest. This type of behavior should be encouraged not shyt on and if you are shytting on it you need to get introspective on why. You lost the plot.

Roadside

Pro
Daps
Crazy how people who have never donated a cent or an hour to help anyone else feel so compelled to tell others how to spend their own money. 1000 people now can see that couldnt see before and people want to twist that into a bad thing.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

But that's not what he's doing, if you paid any attention. He isn't using his platform to give away the money he makes, he's using the guise of charity to make money which comes directly from corporate sponsors. He's profitting off a show of charity. Most if not all of the money going out in these made-for-internet show pieces ain't even his own money, the funds come from corporate sponsors and in the end they make a lot more money for the corporate sponsors, of which he is just taking part of the cut.

You can’t possibly convince me that these people that he helped gives a shyt about any of the talking points in here.

So if you help a thousand people in the process of fukking over a billion people, we can't criticize what you did to the billion people, because you helped a thousand?

Again, how is that different from supporting the show-charity that billionaires like Trump or dictators like Putin use in order to further their agenda for power? How is it different from the EXACT shyt shown in the video, where exploitative corporations pay Mr. Beast to whitewash them on their channel, so they can keep fukking over everyone for billions in profits because they made themselves look good online?

Did you watch the video on how his channel is used to whitewash corporate evil or not?

I can admit that I can’t prove my point about which charity is the best or what rich people should be doing but ultimately if you are not rich then don’t tell me what rich people should be doing.

The degree of bootlicking here is fukking insane. @EndDomination @mastermind, we have the final boss bootlicker. :why:

"It's okay for someone who knows nothing about charity to lecture a professional in the field about it. But it's wrong for a professional in the field to ever criticize a rich person, because rich people are above our puny criticisms."

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Crazy how people who have never donated a cent or an hour to help anyone else feel so compelled to tell others how to spend their own money.

What sort of dumb shyt is this, I literally spend my ENTIRE LIFE helping others. It's my career and my side gig andy my hobby and what I do with nearly all my disposable income too. If you don't know jack shyt about a topic than just say out of it, but making up fake stories about the people who know what they're talking about when you don't ain't it.

It's like none of you even want to learn anything about the topic, you just see the window dressing and automatically pick a side. Which is EXACTLY what they want you to do - you're nothing but useful idiots to them.

Did you watch the video about how corporations use charity in general and Mr. Beast's channel in particular to whitewash their evil, or not? Have you read ANY of the books I posted about how charity is misused, or not?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But that's not what he's doing, if you paid any attention. He isn't using his platform to give away the money he makes, he's using the guise of charity to make money which comes directly from corporate sponsors. Most if not all of the money going out in these made-for-internet show pieces ain't even his own money, they're

So if you help a thousand people in the process of fukking over a billion people, we can't criticize what you did to the billion people, because you helped a thousand?

Again, how is that different from supporting the show-charity that billionaires like Trump or dictators like Putin use in order to further their agenda for power? How is it different from the EXACT shyt shown in the video, where exploitative corporations pay Mr. Beast to whitewash them on their channel, so they can keep fukking over everyone for billions in profits because they made themselves look good online?

The degree of bootlicking here is fukking insane. @EndDomination @mastermind, we have the final boss bootlicker. :why:

"It's okay for someone who knows nothing about charity to lecture a professional in the field about it. But it's wrong for a professional in the field to ever criticize a rich person, because rich people are above our puny criticisms."
You got no proof this internet youtuber is "fukking over a billion people". If the companies that gave him the money are be mad at them not the guy who used their money for good.
And no one here is watching his channel and saying, "Hey corporation X is good because they gave Mr. BEAST money." You are jumping to shyt no one is saying in here.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You got no proof this internet youtuber is "fukking over a billion people".

Did you watch the video or not? :skip:

They show direct examples of massive corporations using his channel to whitewash themselves so they can keep fukking over workers, customers, and the general public while keeping their image clean.

That's just the direct shyt, not to mention how someone with a 9-figure bank account, a ton of houses and luxury cars, and a high-flying lifestyle is perpetuating the systems that are destroying the planet via overconsumption, environmental destruction, and wealth inequality. Not to mention how far his channel goes to advertize, promote, and whitewash such lifestyles, against the people actually trying to change the system.

And it works. Just look at how hard his defenders are doing their work in this thread.

If the companies that gave him the money are be mad at them not the guy who used their money for good.
And no one here is watching his channel and saying, "Hey corporation X is good because they gave Mr. BEAST money." You are jumping to shyt no one is saying in here.

You obviously didn't watch the video.

You saying he "used the money for good", but they gave mutliple examples of his "good deads" actually being direct actions to fund THEIR agenda. Corporations wouldn't give directly give him tens of millions of dollars a year and then advertize on his channel for tens of millions more besides if they didn't think he was helping their cause.

He claims that he spends $8 million a month, yet he has an estimated net worth over $100 million. Nearly ALL of that many comes from corporations, both much of costs of production (since corporate sponsors directly fund many of his videos) and nearly all of the profits (since corporate sponsors are the ones who pay for the advertizing that makes the built of his income). Why would they do that if they didn't think he was promoting their agenda?

But if he uses a tiny portion of his energy to make money off an online "charity" stunt, you think that's enough reason to make him beyond any criticism.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
But that's not what he's doing, if you paid any attention. He isn't using his platform to give away the money he makes, he's using the guise of charity to make money which comes directly from corporate sponsors. He's profitting off a show of charity. Most if not all of the money going out in these made-for-internet show pieces ain't even his own money, the funds come from corporate sponsors and in the end they make a lot more money for the corporate sponsors, of which he is just taking part of the cut.

Did you watch the video on how his channel is used to whitewash corporate evil or not?

Why do you think I care about this man’s money. I am only commenting because you dudes are always trying to point out what’s wrong with any and everything a famous or semi famous person does.

As I have said I don’t give a flying fukk about him. What I am saying is very simple.
Hating on the someone using their resources or someone else money to give away or to help people is insane. You think the people that trump got out of jail give a fukk about all the other dumbe shyt he said or did? No they are happy and grateful that he chose them for whatever reason he chose them.

You don’t know for sure what his intentions was outside of what he said. You are looking for reasons to validate your beliefs. That video wasn’t made about this situation you are just limping him into to prove what you think.

If someone else was fukked over as a result of this. I’m going to need proof and even then it wasn’t directly the results of what he did.

Be mad at capitalism. Be mad at the companies for funding him. But stop shytting on. 24 year old YouTuber for doing what he thinks is a charitable act. The end results was people were helped. The politics behind it is not something I care about.