Youtuber MrBeast pays to cure blindness for 1000 people and wants to make billions to give away to charity

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
So no one’s gonna explain how they actually cured the blindness ?

Make small incinson to the eye, pull out cataract that's like a very thin plastic, then the eyes are covered for recovery which is very quick.

I learned of this from a documentary years ago where Kim Jung Il granted a foreign doctor to do this procedure, I can't remember how many, but towards the end all the patients thanked their dictator for their sight and not the doctor.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thread posters talking that fukk cac talk but they in here capin for this fool :pachaha:

You can’t make this up

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's worth over $100,000,000, owns 5+ homes and a fleet of luxury cars, constantly makes videos living the high life eating the most expensive food on Earth and staying in the most expensive hotels he can find, yet people really think he does this shyt out of some desire for equality and not for clout.

Everything about his life is only possible because of the exact inequalities he claims to be against.

And he started giving away charity for videos cause it got attention and makes him a shytload of money. He only switched it up to this means of clout after trying 1000 other ways of gaining clout. But the actual shyt he does is usually inefficient as hell and never addresses the root issues with the system, he just aims for things that are easiest to market like, "curing blind people!" or "planting trees!" or "cleaning up the ocean!" becauase they lead to clicks.

lol. His videos on average cost around a million dollars to produce and he didn't do this until 10 years into his career, how the fukk is this "faster and more efficient"?

"Faster and more efficient" would be if he had been funding actual grassroots health care initiatives from the moment he started making money, instead of only doing it once in a blue moon when he wants to make content. He could easily have helped 10x as many people with 1/10th the funds if he had done it low-key and worked to improve systems rather than trying to make a video go viral for profit.

Look at the comments and you'll see a huge number of MrBeast fans say shyt like, "This is why government sucks! Private charity is better!" He's perpetuating the notion that rich people deserve to hoard money and power and it should be up to them to decide when they toss out a little charity for the masses so we will grovel at their feet.
MrBeast is 24 years old. 10 years ago he was 14 years old. People grow and evolve. Maybe he wasn't thinking about how much good he could do and how to do it in the most effecient way back then cause he was younger. The funny thing is I don't even like him that much (just don't like his demeanor in interviews) but it it's like y'all expected him to have all the answers 10 years ago as a teenager. I don't even expect him to have all the answers today as a 24 year old. The way i see it, he's trying to do good in his own way, in his own style and with the skills and talents he has. People don't have to dikkride him for it but spitting on what he does seems a little extra.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
He's worth over $100,000,000, owns 5+ homes and a fleet of luxury cars, constantly makes videos living the high life eating the most expensive food on Earth and staying in the most expensive hotels he can find, yet people really think he does this shyt out of some desire for equality and not for clout.

Everything about his life is only possible because of the exact inequalities he claims to be against.

And he started giving away charity for videos cause it got attention and makes him a shytload of money. He only switched it up to this means of clout after trying 1000 other ways of gaining clout. But the actual shyt he does is usually inefficient as hell and never addresses the root issues with the system, he just aims for things that are easiest to market like, "curing blind people!" or "planting trees!" or "cleaning up the ocean!" becauase they lead to clicks.

lol. His videos on average cost around a million dollars to produce and he didn't do this until 10 years into his career, how the fukk is this "faster and more efficient"?

"Faster and more efficient" would be if he had been funding actual grassroots health care initiatives from the moment he started making money, instead of only doing it once in a blue moon when he wants to make content. He could easily have helped 10x as many people with 1/10th the funds if he had done it low-key and worked to improve systems rather than trying to make a video go viral for profit.

Look at the comments and you'll see a huge number of MrBeast fans say shyt like, "This is why government sucks! Private charity is better!" He's perpetuating the notion that rich people deserve to hoard money and power and it should be up to them to decide when they toss out a little charity for the masses so we will grovel at their feet.
He's apolitical as far as I can see, so let the man do what he can. There's billions of dollars already tied up in M4A lobbying and it's not going anywhere because Gov't is bought off on both ends by people far richer and doing far less than dude.

Does he do more good than bad is really the only measuring stick we can use for most individuals these days.

It's fukked up, but in an era where GoFundMe is health insurance, people will take what they can get.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas really wanted a 14-year-old to start a grassroots campaign for health care, knowing that any decent legislation would be DOA. :snoop:

Nobody's saying you gotta dikkride this dude but it's not his fault that the system is fukked, and it's not his responsibility to fix it on his own. Two things can both be true: he did something good for some people, but it's fukked up that such a simple procedure is so unaffordable for most people.

And as far as him "exploiting people for content," if it comes out later that he did something predatory or shady, then fine. But as of today, I don't see him doing anything like that beyond recording the people (undoubtedly with their consent) and putting it on YouTube. And if he is to be believed, then whatever revenue he's getting from these videos is going back into funding more projects like this. So I don't care that he put it on YouTube. In fact, it's for the better because he has a reach of 130 million on his main channel alone. Do you think all 130 knew that such a simple procedure could cure half the world's blindness? Was anybody on The Coli thinking about this before this video came out?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Make small incinson to the eye, pull out cataract that's like a very thin plastic, then the eyes are covered for recovery which is very quick.

I learned of this from a documentary years ago where Kim Jung Il granted a foreign doctor to do this procedure, I can't remember how many, but towards the end all the patients thanked their dictator for their sight and not the doctor.

also IOL Implants after cataract surgery are expensive.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
MrBeast is 24 years old. 10 years ago he was 14 years old. People grow and evolve. Maybe he wasn't thinking about how much good he could do and how to do it in the most effecient way back then cause he was younger. The funny thing is I don't even like him that much (just don't like his demeanor in interviews) but it it's like y'all expected him to have all the answers 10 years ago as a teenager. I don't even expect him to have all the answers today as a 24 year old. The way i see it, he's trying to do good in his own way, in his own style and with the skills and talents he has. People don't have to dikkride him for it but spitting on what he does seems a little extra.

Yup
People will complain about everything. Guess what mr beast could have done any video and still get like 50 million views in a week, but he actually decided to help out over 1000 people.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If he is able to secure the Dem nomination they will vote for him for president. He can't be any worse a person than Joe Biden. lol
he isn't a dem. He buddy buddy with Elon. They always on each other's dikks.

Last edited: