YouTube really hates ad blockers, starts skipping and muting videos

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Is it Oochie Wally or One Mic? :patrice:
If you value something at all you as a consumer of it have to make sure you do your part to contribute to its continued existence.

There's a huge difference in me having a website force a bunch of bs scripts on my devices and deciding I watch a lot of YouTube and these creators should be compensated. Im not interested in watching ads so I'll subscribe to Premium.

There are websites like Forbes I don't even consume the content of because of all their crap ads. There are websites like Barons that pretty much lock all their content behind a pay wall. I don't seek out alternative ways to circumvent that content I just don't consume it.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Last thing I'm gonna do is install adblocker on my parents tv, only for them to call me and tell me it suddenly stopped working for whatever reason lol. shyts already happened.

Y'all try directing my Ghanian father over the phone to reinstall adblocker. He can't even attach a document in an email without suddenly landing up on Google Chrome lmao

Plus, I'm only spending like 3$ for premium + YouTube music. Like hell if you think I'm paying 20 for that

If they ever put ads in premium services, then it will be time to look elsewhere. Until then, I'm content
this.

got my pops tied to my YTP family account and he likes no ads. Finally convinced him to cut cable, so he spends a lotta time on YT on his TV.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Yall crazy paying YouTube to block ads and allow you to play videos in the background on your phone :mjlol:

Eventually they're gonna keep raising the price or give you like 1 or 2 ads a video regardless.

Too many options to skip that nonsense. Until they all no longer work they not seeing a cent.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Funniest thing is the people that believe they're winning paying for a subscription because they don't know how to use basic blockers for this stuff.

Y'all dummies don't realize this shyt started off free? Y'all the ones getting scammed for no reason :mjlol: lying to yourselves when you know damn well if you knew how to click a few buttons and not have to pay anything you would, y'all ain't fooling us.

you really can sell anything in this country cuz nikkas like y'all exist, smarten up :dead:
You know how to use blockers on a Nvidia Shield or a smart TV? I'd rather just pay 98 cents a month and keep it moving then waste time figuring it out. It's not even $12 a year.:yeshrug:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
You know how to use blockers on a Nvidia Shield or a smart TV? I'd rather just pay 98 cents a month and keep it moving then waste time figuring it out. It's not even $12 a year.:yeshrug:

SmartTube on any TV-focused ATV device. And for other platforms, Android has numerous, iOS has Yattee. You can cast it to the TV if you're feeling silly. Windows and Mac have plenty of options whether browser or app based. Linux as well.

I don't recommend sticking to any standard Smart TV operating system since you'll be behind at some point. Waiting for TV makers to add the latest streaming platform is usually a pain in the ass and gets worse the older the TV is. A Walmart Onn device for the TV is $20 Android TV and will serve one better than the default TV os for years.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Imagine scrambling everytime there's an update because it breaks the ad blocker :huhldup:

Imagine wanting to install an ad blocker on every device you have youtube on :gucci:

Imagine being a grown ass man acting like you can't spare $14 a month :scust:
Meh, you just watch it through the Brave Browser, which you should already be using.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Do yall also get YouTube Music for free?
Because that's the main reason besides the Ads why I keep the subscription.

I have a LG oled in the living room and I use YouTube through the TV OS,that adblocker stuff isn't a option.
yeah

having it paired w/ YTmusic is nice

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Haven’t seen an ad on YouTube for 10+ years.

I gotta say, out of all the subscriptions I have, the only one really worth its value is the YouTube one. First, it’s always constantly updated and isn’t really a library as much as it’s a video search engine, the community participation, and the amount of content available makes it better than any other.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went ahead and got premium. I was already paying for Music and premium was just 3 or so dollars more

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do yall also get YouTube Music for free?
Because that's the main reason besides the Ads why I keep the subscription.

I have a LG oled in the living room and I use YouTube through the TV OS,that adblocker stuff isn't a option.
Exactly

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I feel like if I sit there and watch a 30 second ad without hitting the skip button then YouTube should let me watch the video with no more interruptions. I know, I know… the notion of Santa Claus is more believable than that.