YouTube really hates ad blockers, starts skipping and muting videos

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's not going to be so funny when YouTube starts having ads in their premium tier like Amazon is doing.
Ironically you paid subscribers will be the ones who have to sit and watch the ads.

why tf would you ever engage in a paid contract with a service like YouTube.
:hhh:

I donā€™t pay for any other streaming services and that lil monthly payment ainā€™t exactly breaking the bank. I watch YouTube on my living room tv all the time. What kind of poverty shyt is skipping ads everyday on a LG OLED? :skip:

Yall can try to ā€œsmart consumerā€ and ā€œYouTube should be free because I said so!ā€ all you want. Iā€™d rather pay the subscription fee to not have to think about ads or updating any kind of software at all. Your favorite content creators gotta eat too.

Yall not about to shame anybody on here while you skirt a $15 monthly payment and spare us the moral rationalization for doing the 2024 equivalent of bootleg DVDs. Youā€™re all over 30 stop it :comeon:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I donā€™t pay for any other streaming services and that lil monthly payment ainā€™t exactly breaking the bank. I watch YouTube on my living room tv all the time. What kind of poverty shyt is skipping ads everyday on a LG OLED? :skip:

Yall can try to ā€œsmart consumerā€ and ā€œYouTube should be free because I said so!ā€ all you want. Iā€™d rather pay the subscription fee to not have to think about ads or updating any kind of software at all. Your favorite content creators gotta eat too.

Yall not about to shame anybody on here while you skirt a $15 monthly payment and spare us the moral rationalization for doing the 2024 equivalent of bootleg DVDs. Youā€™re all over 30 stop it :comeon:
I'm definitely not shaming you. You're the one whose holding this whole thing up. (Than you)
I'd pay your bill if I didn't know it was going to Google.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Imagine scrambling everytime there's an update because it breaks the ad blocker :huhldup:

Imagine wanting to install an ad blocker on every device you have youtube on :gucci:

Imagine being a grown ass man acting like you can't spare $14 a month :scust:

Daps
Reppin
My Set
I use Brave browser on my laptop, don't even need an adblocker and Youtube runs ad-free and SMOOTH as hell on it. :myman:
I was gonna say šŸ¤« the feds watching but I literally learned about brave on YouTube. Brave really the best browser I've ever used. That bih on my phone and all my pc's.
you can see Brave skip adds on Spotify real time on the desktop version of you don't pay for Spotify

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
My Set
Imagine scrambling everytime there's an update because it breaks the ad blocker :huhldup:

Imagine wanting to install an ad blocker on every device you have youtube on :gucci:

Imagine being a grown ass man acting like you can't spare $14 a month :scust:

I'm from the days of illegal cable... fukk YouTube real nikkas not paying them shyt.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine not having Premium in 2024.:mjlol:
Sometimes I forget that YouTube even has ads, itā€™s been so long since Iā€™ve seen one.:dead:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
People bragging about not having ads on YouTube but don't own they house or even worse rent :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:francis: While I understand the post on a business level, you got to factor in how Google works. The same company that killed so many projects from G+ to Stadia:

And push content creators to be full blown drones by making trash to appease the almighty algorithm. Meanwhile, the legit creators get shytted on and have to withstand the constant policy shifts and etc.

What's a adblock to a fraction of the population that use it. Lets face it, this is deeper than a Adblock, this is more of a backdoor tactic for making the content subscriptions be a feature for YouTube Premium.
Youā€™re trying to justify piracy effectively. When you watch videos on YouTube with an ad blocker the content creators arenā€™t properly compensated for what they produce. YouTube Premium pays those content creators your share of what they would get in ad revenue for those watches.

Some people are just dikks that want shyt for free and donā€™t really care about the creators getting any compensation for it.

The way I see it the people complaining about the system but participating in watching YouTube with ad blockers are the worst of all of those involved. If they donā€™t like the system they shouldnā€™t participate at all. They should stop watching YouTube all together instead of being freeloaders who consume the content producers make but compensate no one.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
The way I see it is this. If you're running a business then it's up to you to run it in such a way that that business sustains itself and if profitable. I pay my ISP for my internet access like everyone else. I shouldn't have to put up with your obtrusive ad partners and garbage just to browse the internet I pay to access. It's like my DVR. I just fast forward the commercials I don't view them.

I rarely view a direct online advertisement for a product and purchase it. I find out about products that interest me either through word of mouth through people I know or through more indirect advertising like sponsored YouTube videos and the like. So no I'm not going to tolerate people running scripts with obtrusive bullshyt popping up on my computer and phone for that.

It's not my moral obligation to view these meaningless ads I'm completely uninterested in seeing anyway.

Youā€™re trying to justify piracy effectively. When you watch videos on YouTube with an ad blocker the content creators arenā€™t properly compensated for what they produce. YouTube Premium pays those content creators your share of what they would get in ad revenue for those watches.

Some people are just dikks that want shyt for free and donā€™t really care about the creators getting any compensation for it.

The way I see it the people complaining about the system but participating in watching YouTube with ad blockers are the worst of all of those involved. If they donā€™t like the system they shouldnā€™t participate at all. They should stop watching YouTube all together instead of being freeloaders who consume the content producers make but compensate no one.

Is it Oochie Wally or One Mic? :patrice: