YouTube really hates ad blockers, starts skipping and muting videos

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You aren't entitled to ad free YouTube for free. Either pay for YouTube premium or deal with the fukkery. I haven't seen an ad on YouTube in a long time but I have premium and couldn't imagine not having it.
I haven't had a YT ad in a very long time and no premium needed to support a corporate evil entity. :umad:

NewPipe > *

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
cough up that monthly payment

49zNspf.gif

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yall still punching the air in 2024 because free YouTube has ads? That battle has long been lost alongside Limewire downloads and AOL Messenger. Man if yall don't grow up and cough up that monthly payment :heh:
Never. I use an addon that fast forwards through the ads. Ad breaks take 2 seconds then right back to the video. They can eat a satchel of Richards.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Youtube prem here...i dont even think i used my free 4 months after the s24 Ultra purchase. Spotify either. I never use spotify.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Can't cough up money for YouTube premium once a month but can pay for $5 mocha latte frappuccino from Starbucks every morning
I ain’t rich but YouTube Premium is worth what I pay. I can’t see acting a fool over like $14 or whatever it cost. Especially when I get YouTube Music with the sub.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Funniest thing is the people that believe they're winning paying for a subscription because they don't know how to use basic blockers for this stuff.

Y'all dummies don't realize this shyt started off free? Y'all the ones getting scammed for no reason :mjlol: lying to yourselves when you know damn well if you knew how to click a few buttons and not have to pay anything you would, y'all ain't fooling us.

you really can sell anything in this country cuz nikkas like y'all exist, smarten up :dead:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Funniest thing is the people that believe they're winning paying for a subscription because they don't know how to use basic blockers for this stuff.

Y'all dummies don't realize this shyt started off free? Y'all the ones getting scammed for no reason :mjlol: lying to yourselves when you know damn well if you knew how to click a few buttons and not have to pay anything you would, y'all ain't fooling us.

you really can sell anything in this country cuz nikkas like y'all exist, smarten up :dead:

:banderas: YouTube in the beginning days was like Jesus making water into wine. I found so much piff in that era, than nowadays because the creators had soul. From AVGN to YTPoop, it just felt like fukkery on ice.

The moment it was sold to Google, Tom got blocked by Mark, and the death of forums was the moment the internet was slowly crumbling.

And by 2025, it will just be no different from the bullshyt on the outside. Everything is going up, there's a price on everything, and nothing is going to change but computer smarts to avoid such corporate greed.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I use YouTube on many different devices including my TV. I’m not twisting myself into a pretzel to try and avoid spending $14 dollars.

Yall out here being parasites. If I don’t wanna pay for it then I just won’t use it. Nobody owes me a paid service for free.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Yall still punching the air in 2024 because free YouTube has ads? That battle has long been lost alongside Limewire downloads and AOL Messenger. Man if yall don't grow up and cough up that monthly payment :heh:
It's not going to be so funny when YouTube starts having ads in their premium tier like Amazon is doing.
Ironically you paid subscribers will be the ones who have to sit and watch the ads.

why tf would you ever engage in a paid contract with a service like YouTube.
:hhh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I use YouTube on many different devices including my TV. I’m not twisting myself into a pretzel to try and avoid spending $14 dollars.

Yall out here being parasites. If I don’t wanna pay for it then I just won’t use it. Nobody owes me a paid service for free.

:francis: While I understand the post on a business level, you got to factor in how Google works. The same company that killed so many projects from G+ to Stadia:

And push content creators to be full blown drones by making trash to appease the almighty algorithm. Meanwhile, the legit creators get shytted on and have to withstand the constant policy shifts and etc.

What's a adblock to a fraction of the population that use it. Lets face it, this is deeper than a Adblock, this is more of a backdoor tactic for making the content subscriptions be a feature for YouTube Premium.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Last thing I'm gonna do is install adblocker on my parents tv, only for them to call me and tell me it suddenly stopped working for whatever reason lol. shyts already happened.

Y'all try directing my Ghanian father over the phone to reinstall adblocker. He can't even attach a document in an email without suddenly landing up on Google Chrome lmao

Plus, I'm only spending like 3$ for premium + YouTube music. Like hell if you think I'm paying 20 for that

If they ever put ads in premium services, then it will be time to look elsewhere. Until then, I'm content