YouTube censorship is getting out of control

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I would go with what you're saying had YouTube not grown the site letting whatever fly then suddenly did a 360 and made this change. They built the site by letting users make whatever they wanted within reason. Now that the site is larger they wanna flip the script and claim it was always like this.

YouTube played both sides of the fence so for them to place these vague restrictions off the content creators that built that site up is disgusting.

This goes for content providers too. Keep in mind YouTube was the Wild West back then; everyone was just posting whatever they with no expectation of financial gain. When YouTube made that switch everyone stayed cause it was a chance to make money. What we're seeing now is the beginning stages of a maturing industry. They won they get to make the rules for how their product is used. You'll never see a BMW dealership say, Use our 7 series for destruction derbys. BMW would pull their sponsorship. Same goes for these entitled youtubers if they are serious about this career path they should have done their due diligence.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I would go with what you're saying had YouTube not grown the site letting whatever fly then suddenly did a 360 and made this change. They built the site by letting users make whatever they wanted within reason. Now that the site is larger they wanna flip the script and claim it was always like this.

YouTube played both sides of the fence so for them to place these vague restrictions off the content creators that built that site up is disgusting.
e1bb2397fdfdaf5ab49a377cb9a823624b2a21195ab35f7bb9a2f5eb33c60931.jpg

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Google owns Youtube. Google is the CIA. People are upset because they are missing a few dollars from the cia?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This is why you don't use Youtube as your only source of income.

Get your money but if you quit your job to do Youtube full time....you lost.

Some of yall said I was wrong before.....well look what done happened :francis:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was too good to be true. We ate off of YT for a decade. I hope it eases up though because i live off of youtube for entertainment and the channels i watch, 90% would be over.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's turning into cable TV now. Sure, you can say "fukk," but the advertisers are like nah :ufdup:

Mr. Robot is like the only one getting away with it. So I guess if you're popular enough, it doesn't matter :yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
not really censorship since you can still upload your videos. You just can't get paid if the content isn't what the advertisers want to be align with :yeshrug: Really don't see the problem
The problem is who determines that advertisers don't wanna be aligned with the content? This isn't Imus in the morning where he calls basketball players nappy headed hoes and the advertisers themselves say we're done. This is an automated bot with no common sense going through the videos.