YouTube censorship is getting out of control

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I'm guessing that Saudi prince bought shares of youtube recently.....

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I was gonna post this story when I got home yesterday... Its bullshyt though... pewdiepie has made $100+ million from his videos and others have profited but this is a form of censorship... Youtube fukking up again... big time... :francis:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

^^^^ This^^^^^^

Its not censorship it entitlement. If your content is good your fans will pay for it. Advertising revenue literally says, i havent thought of a good way to monetize my product or service.

Personal side note: if this gets rid of all these fuccbois with their dumbass reaction, reposting and theory vids. Im all for it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
^^^^ This^^^^^^

Its not censorship it entitlement. If your content is good your fans will pay for it. Advertising revenue literally says, i havent thought of a good way to monetize my product or service.

Personal side note: if this gets rid of all these fuccbois with their dumbass reaction, reposting and theory vids. Im all for it.
It is censorship but it's indirect censorship. YouTube is effectively saying they won't tell content creators not to make certain videos but if they make those videos that last year got ad revenue this year they won't. It isn't human oversight or advertiser direct request doing this either. It's the typical YouTube bot scrubbing through videos and pulling the ads.

It's like locking someone in an empty room with a gun and leaving them to starve to death. You aren't gonna force them to kill themselves with the gun but if they're left starving and dehydrated long enough the idea might become appealing to them and you're quite aware of that when you left that option to them.

YouTube knows full well what they're doing here. They would like nothing more than for the entire site to be "ad friendly" content as they put it. Them forcing that would damage the site but them letting people do whatever the hell they wanted for years then suddenly springing this on them makes it more likely content creators do it on their own.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
It's all about ad dollars.

I don't have a problem with it anyway. It's YouTube's website, they can do what they want. It isn't censoring anyway, they're just indirectly discouraging money-driven channels from creating certain types of videos. Which again, is their right. They write the policies because they own the site.

A number of channels have their own websites where they also post videos that they then upload to YouTube as well. Probably the best way to go for anyone worried about censorship.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
most of youtube is as bad as network television....... the underside of youtube is where the gold is

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand why people think this has anything to do with advertisement. Youtube has been around for years. They've been making money for years. Why enforce such a policy now?

Honestly I think this is an effort to go after political fringe vloggers -- Alex Jones types. People are who critical of government. People who blog about REAL issues like mass incarceration, election fraud, Fukishima, vaccine skeptics, global warming skeptics, the anti-banking types, people who criticize the police, etc.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
It is censorship but it's indirect censorship. YouTube is effectively saying they won't tell content creators not to make certain videos but if they make those videos that last year got ad revenue this year they won't. It isn't human oversight or advertiser direct request doing this either. It's the typical YouTube bot scrubbing through videos and pulling the ads.

It's like locking someone in an empty room with a gun and leaving them to starve to death. You aren't gonna force them to kill themselves with the gun but if they're left starving and dehydrated long enough the idea might become appealing to them and you're quite aware of that when you left that option to them.

YouTube knows full well what they're doing here. They would like nothing more than for the entire site to be "ad friendly" content as they put it. Them forcing that would damage the site but them letting people do whatever the hell they wanted for years then suddenly springing this on them makes it more likely content creators do it on their own.

Bruh I understand what youre saying, but this is an business. The moment you decide to become a business you have to play by the rules dictated, this goes for content providers as well. Youtube has every right to impose restrictions; just like every content provider has the right to leave youtube. Youtube is looking to be the NBC or ABC, and now they are playing by the rules. That Buckley video nailed it. Again if you rely only on advertising your business is doomed to fail.

H3H3 productions talks about it being more about the tags than actual content.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bruh I understand what youre saying, but this is an business. The moment you decide to become a business you have to play by the rules dictated, this goes for content providers as well. Youtube has every right to impose restrictions; just like every content provider has the right to leave youtube. Youtube is looking to be the NBC or ABC, and now they are playing by the rules. That Buckley video nailed it. Again if you rely only on advertising your business is doomed to fail.

H3H3 productions talks about it being more about the tags than actual content.

I would go with what you're saying had YouTube not grown the site letting whatever fly then suddenly did a 360 and made this change. They built the site by letting users make whatever they wanted within reason. Now that the site is larger they wanna flip the script and claim it was always like this.

YouTube played both sides of the fence so for them to place these vague restrictions off the content creators that built that site up is disgusting.