Your hottest movie hot take going into 2023

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
a couple of ifs, but if the movie comes out in 2023 and it's a serious drama (maybe even a drama/comedy) biopic, Zach Efron will be in serious contention for the Best Actor awards for his portrayal of Kevin Von Erich. The Von Erich's real life drama was tragic. And it'll have the A24 stamp on it.
i've heard the theory that people think zac efron will be like Matthew McConaughey and will start being taken seriously as he gets older

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Black Adam is more enjoyable than the entirety of Marvel Phase 4 which will ultimately be some of the most underwhelming cinema of all time. Marvel caught lightning in a bottle and will never do so again because they’ve trained their audience to expect an overarching storyline that the audience or Marvel don’t have the patience to actually implement or sit through with undivided focus to completion at this point.

After fukkin, flirting losses it’s appeal…

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Dune 2 should change blockbusters if Denis is in his bag again. a
it should have been made into a series ala GOT. its too dense to try and make into separate movies. with HBO budget it could have been GOAT status. instead it pretty much came and went and the same will happen for the second. blown opportunity

Daps
Ant-Man vs Kang will be the biggest movie of 2023, righting the Marvel ship and putting Disney back into place as the cinematic powerhouse that we have come to know it as.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Christopher Nolan is still overrated as fukk his movie have an awful soundtrack which he feels the need to add train horns to hype up a scene

never watching his garbage again after Dunkirk and Tenet :pacspit:
Interstellar would like a word with you

In fact, it's 2022 and no sci fi movie has been put out, better than Interstellar.. And it won't happen in 2023 either

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Interstellar would like a word with you

In fact, it's 2022 and no sci fi movie has been put out, better than Interstellar.. And it won't happen in 2023 either
A couple smashes should not give directors carte blanche to go full "name of director" for the rest of their career and end up making bad movies. It is happening to wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson, David O Russell, Guillermo del toro, and previously happened to m night, Michael bay, and Michael Mann.

Interstellar, the dark knight, and inception do not forgive the flaws (the audio) of dunkirk, tenet, and what appears to be in Oppenheimer by the trailer.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Ant-Man vs Kang will be the biggest movie of 2023, righting the Marvel ship and putting Disney back into place as the cinematic powerhouse that we have come to know it as.
I have a decent amount of faith in this movie, but don't think it will perform to the level you're saying...

Biggest hits of 2023, in my predicted order...global
  • Mario
  • Dune 2
  • Spiderman
  • Fast and furious 10 (don't sleep this will kill it as usual)
  • Ant-Man v Kang
Biggest piece of shyt will be Marvels

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a decent amount of faith in this movie, but don't think it will perform to the level you're saying...

Biggest hits of 2023, in my predicted order...global
  • Mario
  • Dune 2
  • Spiderman
  • Fast and furious 10 (don't sleep this will kill it as usual)
  • Ant-Man v Kang
Biggest piece of shyt will be Marvels

You think Mario is gonna hit like that?

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
This whole comic book wave is getting ready to burn itself out.

IMO video games are getting ready to take over Hollywood.
Yup. Too many popular IPs not being taken advantage of yet.

As corny as this sounds…I really feel an Altered Beast joint would be epic with the right writer and director
  • superhero movies will finally die a long overdue death
  • Hollywood will start to swaggerjack South Korea of their juice
  • Robert De'Niro will end up doing Hallmark movies
  • There will be a huge implosion in the streaming service bubble that will be catastrophic
  • There will be a huge box office bomb that will blow up The Film Room and leaked into TLR
  • The biggest blockbuster will come in the form of an independent movie with unknown names
There’s an unapproving or overworked dad role waiting for DeNiro in that Hallmark Cinematic Universe :mjlol: Tbh, only a matter of time before they offer up a bag to an A-lister or two
a couple of ifs, but if the movie comes out in 2023 and it's a serious drama (maybe even a drama/comedy) biopic, Zach Efron will be in serious contention for the Best Actor awards for his portrayal of Kevin Von Erich. The Von Erich's real life drama was tragic. And it'll have the A24 stamp on it.
Gon be the grittiest wrestling joint since, well, The Wrestler :wow:I really feel it will be a critically acclaimed film with long legs in the cinema

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
This is more of a show tv

But im predicting new season of the witcher will be real good, but get review bombed by people who didnt even watch it because theyre butthurt henry cavill aint in it (despote it being his choice to leave it)

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
You think Mario is gonna hit like that?
Yes. He is the Mickey mouse of the past 40 years. And has literal amusement parks in Japan, beloved globally. And an entire generation has been waiting for an entertaining movie about Mario, and it's the perfect movie for parents who are in their late 30s and 40s and their kids to watch together.

I predict $1.8 billion.