Your hottest movie hot take going into 2023

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Christopher Nolan is still overrated as fukk his movie have an awful soundtrack which he feels the need to add train horns to hype up a scene

never watching his garbage again after Dunkirk and Tenet :pacspit:
I knew he fell off when drunk Mel Gibson made a much better WWII movie at the same time

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. He is the Mickey mouse of the past 40 years. And has literal amusement parks in Japan, beloved globally. And an entire generation has been waiting for an entertaining movie about Mario, and it's the perfect movie for parents who are in their late 30s and 40s and their kids to watch together.

I predict $1.8 billion.

Damn for whatever reason I trust your opinion on this but Mario really gets love like that? I feel like I'm missing something. I know his games always do numbers but I figured the new generation kind of moved on from the midget italian.

Another hot take. I don't think there is a single elite actor under 40 right now. I mean elite in terms of performance and box office. A lot of these new cats can do one or the other but ain't no new Leo's out there. I feel like blaming comic book movies for this.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I know his games always do numbers but I figured the new generation kind of moved on from the midget italian.
Even though nephews are into roblox and fortnite and shyt they still love the shyt outta mario and begging me to take em day 1.

So kids still love mario. Same with sonic...but sonic is more prominent beyond games..whereas mario leans into games more than other media

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Even though nephews are into roblox and fortnite and shyt they still love the shyt outta mario and begging me to take em day 1.

So kids still love mario. Same with sonic...but sonic is more prominent beyond games..whereas mario leans into games more than other media
Yea my kid never truly played a Mario related game yet, but they showed the newest Mario Bros trailer before Puss In Boots, and he was like, “I think I wanna go see that” (he was iffy on it prior to)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
it should have been made into a series ala GOT. its too dense to try and make into separate movies. with HBO budget it could have been GOAT status. instead it pretty much came and went and the same will happen for the second. blown opportunity
So many properties that would be better fleshed out through television format. shyt, I’m still kinda heated the IT remake didn’t get the HBO greenlight, despite it making hella money at the box office.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Damn for whatever reason I trust your opinion on this but Mario really gets love like that? I feel like I'm missing something. I know his games always do numbers but I figured the new generation kind of moved on from the midget italian.

Another hot take. I don't think there is a single elite actor under 40 right now. I mean elite in terms of performance and box office. A lot of these new cats can do one or the other but ain't no new Leo's out there. I feel like blaming comic book movies for this.
I think the people complaining about Chris Pratt will be outnumbered by millions by the people who don't care whatsoever...and I'm banking metaphorically speaking on the global appeal.

I think Spiderman might beat it domestically but Mario will win globally.

Regarding actors, I think the movies that showcase acting in younger actors just aren't Hollywood hits now, and if they are sometimes they just suck. You see more coming out of prestige tv like the young women and men who came out of Game of Thrones and stranger things...but have yet to prove themselves to be any type of draw.

The last generation of young movie actors got caught up in franchises like Twilight, harry potter and hunger games, or worse, in the marvel universe in bit parts only to be replaced.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yea my kid never truly played a Mario related game yet, but they showed the newest Mario Bros trailer before Puss In Boots, and he was like, “I think I wanna go see that” (he was iffy on it prior to)
What you and your kid think of puss n boots? shyt was dope as hell...Best animated film of 2022.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Avatar 1 was 2012 (the movie, not the year)-tier mid that only had any kind of merit because of its director and visual effects.

The fact it even got a sequel would be mind-boggling if it wasn't for its numbers.

My only reaction watching the trailer was :unimpressed:
I didn't even know it was out.

Scream 6 might turn out alright.

The DCEU will do its reboot and still come out trash.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I think outside of antman depending on reviews, I will watch Disney sh!t on the app.

Spiderman and Mario will be the best movies of 2023. Marvel too quiet is a good thing though... otherwise 2023 will be asscheeks in terms of cinema.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yes. He is the Mickey mouse of the past 40 years. And has literal amusement parks in Japan, beloved globally. And an entire generation has been waiting for an entertaining movie about Mario, and it's the perfect movie for parents who are in their late 30s and 40s and their kids to watch together.

I predict $1.8 billion.
1.8 :damn:

I was thinking 700-800 mil

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
RRR was terrible
RRR was the best "I have no idea what's going on and it don't matter movie" ever made. It's like a big dumb Saturday morning cartoon. Just pay attention when the soundtrack kicks in.

It's hilarious how the movie treated white women likes God's gift to the world.

I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Prey is the best movie I saw in 2022 and it holds up to the original Predator.

Black Adam was trash, a complete waste of time outside of Pierce and it should have ended 30 minutes sooner.

It will never happen but Marvel needs to take a break. The MCU is just over saturated at this point and taking a few years off after Endgame would have been perfect.