Your hottest movie hot take going into 2023

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Gunn's DCEU is gonna be trash.

No a movie but the Agatha Harkness show is the biggest example of MCU arrogance. No one asked for that shyt.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Prey is the best movie I saw in 2022 and it holds up to the original Predator.

Black Adam was trash, a complete waste of time outside of Pierce and it should have ended 30 minutes sooner.

It will never happen but Marvel needs to take a break. The MCU is just over saturated at this point and taking a few years off after Endgame would have been perfect.
I agree with everything except I had fun watching Black Adam.

MCU needs to fall back and start a reboot. Other than maybe Spider-man, I'm not excited about nothing they have coming up. After that Thor movie :dahell: and no strong Black men in the one franchise that should have it... also sounds like Blade is getting canceled... They just need to work on something for else for a minute.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I think somebody is going to go to far force feeding LGBTQ+ to kids (and it won't be Disney) and and Hollywood is going to stop throwing money away on that pursuit.

I'm not against inclusion, but people aren't paying money for their kids to watch propaganda.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Gunn's DCEU is gonna be trash.

No a movie but the Agatha Harkness show is the biggest example of MCU arrogance. No one asked for that shyt.
I feel like they are trying copy Marvel's blueprint 10 years too late. Gunn as a very particular style that works with fun side characters, but he's not a main eventer.

Disney are done building the universe. Now they are vultures picking the bones of the Marvel corpse.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like they are trying copy Marvel's blueprint 10 years too late. Gunn as a very particular style that works with fun side characters, but he's not a main eventer.

Disney are done building the universe. Now they are vultures picking the bones of the Marvel corpse.

When they bring in the X-Men, they gonna have another 15 years of heat :heh:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
* Marvel really has to stop trying to play mind games with its audience. They had so many chances to bring shyt full circle in phase 4 and blew them. Mofos used Fox’s Pietro to make a dikk joke opposed to making him/previous Fox films cannon via the multi-verse :gucci:. Like, I would love to hear how that idea was even pitched. Yeah, let’s bring in a great actor and beloved iteration of a character to ultimately devolve his appearance to a boner joke :dahell:.

* As far as DC: they really need to go find some extremely quality script writer. I know they have Gunn at the helm, but I don’t see how he alone can pen all of their DCU stuff. Black Adam had one of the worst and flimsiest scripts I’ve ever seen. They also really need to work on their scores. Who has an iconic theme in the DCU? Maybe Wonder Woman? If the Avengers theme comes on you know exactly what it signifies and relates to. If “Portals” comes on you know what’s up. DC has nothing comparable. No ethereal, triumphant, oh shyt, kinda scores.

* The Black Phone was a top three movie to release this year. It’s my number one for the year, actually.

* Look. I like Aldis Hodge. He seems like a cool dude, and I thought he was great as Jim Brown in One Night in Miami, but people wanting him as the next Black Panther are trippingggggg. One, he’s damn near 40. How are you supposed to be the son of T’challa and you’re damn near as old as the character you’re supposedly the son of :gucci:? Second, the last time we saw young T’challa he’s like 5/6 years old. Are they going to time jump 30 years into the future? Just cast someone in their late teens, or early 20s and call it a day.

Last edited:

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Prey is the best movie I saw in 2022 and it holds up to the original Predator.

Black Adam was trash, a complete waste of time outside of Pierce and it should have ended 30 minutes sooner.

It will never happen but Marvel needs to take a break. The MCU is just over saturated at this point and taking a few years off after Endgame would have been perfect.
Black Adam was trash Pierce invcluded.