Young Justice Season 5 cancelled

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
If it wasn't for the whole Zod arc they did that last Young Justice season would of been completely trash. The third season wasn't all that good either. But neither of the newer seasons match the highs of seasons 1&2. I'm not mad at them adding gay characters but the shyt was forced like hell and it really didn't do anything to advance any characters or plot. Like what was the whole point of the L'gann relationship anyway? Then they spent way too much time on that Halo shyt like why do we give a fukk about this dumb shyt? Can y'all continue finding gruesome ways to kill this bytch nobody cares about this bytch internal struggles about her gender?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
All of this encapsulates the problem I had with Kaldur and this show. The overarching plot is important but moreso are the character arcs of the main cast.. to get us invested. In s1 Kaldur had the least. His paper title as “leader” was just a means to bring a humbling closure to Robin’s character arc that season.

However, they threw enough crumbs for Kaldur in (1) Manta confrontation.. (2) the love triangle thing with Tula (3) the kiss from Rocket in the season finale… that you could say ok cool, between the sassy black girl and the pending darth vader reveal/ Aquaman keeping it secret, surely they gon have this socially awkward fish man be forced out of his stoic shell…

They didn’t do shyt with any of that :francis:

Even the pump fake heel turn in s2 ended lackluster since they skipped over Tula’s death (for some video game no one played), time-jumped the Manta reveal, and completely dropped Rocket. He was again a means to progress someone else’s character dev; this time it was Artemis and Megan’s.

Then in s3 he gets another paper title “Aquaman” that had nothing to do with his non-existent character arc… and now he’s “gay”.
What makes even worse is that they unintentionally created the optics that the team had more smoke for Kaldur killing Artemis than they did for Klarion essentially killing Tula. It would be on sight everytime they saw him, yet they (including Kaldur) still work with him with no acknowledgement whatsoever of their fallen comrade. Even worse is that they've turned their interactions into a trope and joke.

It's like the showrunners even forgot that they had Klarion play a part in her death.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
What makes even worse is that they unintentionally created the optics that the team had more smoke for Kaldur killing Artemis than they did for Klarion essentially killing Tula. It would be on sight everytime they saw him, yet they (including Kaldur) still work with him with no acknowledgement whatsoever of their fallen comrade.

It's like the showrunners even forgot that they had Klarion play a part in her death.
They probably did

Didn't it happen in a video game?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This dude is fukking up, the past two seasons have been more drama than action and the pandering bullshyt was a waste of time. Them saving superbly should have been the big story and all the other bs should have been kept to a minimum. But with all that said, the show had positive reviews and lots of people watched it.

and I bet the Harely Quinn show gets cut too

If I paid for hbomax I would cancel that shyt after this. Hbo is too good of a brand to be disrespecting it’s shows like this.

There is no way his vision is going to work, that day in age is long gone.

I still don’t get why WB isn’t strong enough to survive on their own.
I actually just started watching Harley last week and its crazy how much more to the fukking point it is compared to YJ. There's tangents in between the main story point, but they move through it, keep you entertained the whole time, push more than one character's development at the same time, and if they do a call back to a previous event they don't take 3 episodes to do it

I think HQ is safe because its cheap and will occasionally trend outside of its environment.... YJ? Even the biggest LBGT pushers don't mention it like that.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They probably did

Didn't it happen in a video game?
It did, but they keep acknowledging Tula's death in the show and how it's effected Kaldur, but he and the team still have no issues with the dude that actually helped killed her. Hell, even M'Gann fukked Kaldur up when she thought that he killed Artemis, but they haven't said or tried to do shyt with Klarion eventhough they still interact with him all the time :mjlol:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It did, but they keep acknowledging Tula's death in the show and how it's effected Kaldur, but he and the team still have no issues with the dude that actually helped killed her. Hell, even M'Gann fukked Kaldur up when she thought that he killed Artemis, then they said or tried to do shyt with Klarion eventhough they still interact with him all the time :mjlol:
There's a lot of weird, little inconsistencies like this shyt in the show.

Hell, they had Beast Boy suffering PTSD from half a dozen off-screen deaths :dead:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I was a big fan of the first two seasons of Young Justice. I remember it dropping when I was still in high school and I used to watch every episode weekly. But once Young Justice returned my interest in it diminished significantly. I'm not sad YJ got canceled because the series has declined in quality significantly. Season 4 was a hot ass mess :yeshrug:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This dude is fukking up, the past two seasons have been more drama than action and the pandering bullshyt was a waste of time. Them saving superbly should have been the big story and all the other bs should have been kept to a minimum. But with all that said, the show had positive reviews and lots of people watched it.

If I paid for hbomax I would cancel that shyt after this. Hbo is too good of a brand to be disrespecting it’s shows like this.

I believe Harley Quinn s4 was greenlite:jbhmm:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
As long as they bless us with some replacement piff. They could def do another Justice League cartoon

Daps

Yeah after GOT, I may be done with hbo max. I use it the least out of my streaming services.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I was ready for this to happen.

Low key glad.

All that extra stuff they added and had the nerve to do it underwater, on mars, the damn phantom zone. It turned into a chore to watch.
As dope as it was seeing Razer again along with other members of the GL core, that shyt was completely useless this season. Although, I think what the show was eventually building towards was the GL core and those Kryptonians were going to team up with the team and the light to take on Darkseid. The only problem with that is that we would have never seen it come to fruition as the showrunners didn't believe in proper endings and want stories to never end.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
shyt went downhill after season 3 and all those time jumps didn’t help at all

Everyone also wanted the focus to remain on the core team from season 1 so it sucked when they added random people in prominent roles

Like those malkovian members, shyt was ass