Young Justice Season 5 cancelled

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If they remove it from HBO Max running up the views won't help this time. This Zas dude is targeting animation as something to be cut :mjcry:
That Zas dude might not be there long.

We got to see but his strategy of trying to force people back to cable to watch the spinoff of GOT on HBO sounds stupid. Him dismantling a successful streaming company sounds stupid. They thinking people are going to pay to stream reality TV sounds stupid. Plus him supporting MAGA and being anti diversity…. Sounds like he aiming to get boycotted eventually.

He has Dan Snyder energy and this reminds me of when Snyder bought six flags and was gone in about 5 years.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I called this as soon as all the other DC shows and movies were getting canceled. No way in hell was Zazlav doing another season of this niche animated series when shows with more appeal are getting cut.

Seasons three and four were such a massive downgrade from the first two, from the writing to the animation to the budget. Season four was just people talking over PowerPoint presentations for 26 episodes. And that was before Zazlav took over. It would have been even worse had this show continued during this WBD shakeup.

A non-binary Muslim alien woman :dead:

That actually fit with the character. My only issue with it was all of the Halo subplots ruined the pacing of the episodes they were in.

Lagoon Boy being in a bisexual polyamorous marriage still makes me laugh tho. :mjlol:

Daps
Just glad Miss Martian and Black Lightning got a chance to shine :mjcry: Arsenal/Red Arrows ep was fire too

My favorite Black Lightning scene was when he was spying on the Light and he came up on the big screen at their headquarters with that cold line from Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven". :wow:

"As I nodded nearly napping, suddenly I heard a tapping..."

:wow:

Daps
I'm going to be honest with brehs, I don't mind it getting canceled. Y'all gotta understand, I was watching this show in my youth and for it to come back after so long for as long as it did, was incredible. WB doesn't owe me anything. They listened to the fans, revived the show for 2 more seasons, and gave us what we wanted. They truly blessed the fans, and you can't ask for anything more than that.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Meh.

I didn’t bother watching this past season and season 3 was a struggle-fest to get through.

They had so much momentum with Kaldur and Static at the end of season 2… but they made their business decisions with them after, and thought they could wave Black Lightnings simp storyline as a distraction.

Good for those who liked/watched these past 2 seasons but in hindsight I’d have been ok with it staying dead after s2.