Young Dolph shot and killed in Memphis

Joe Budden

Banned
Daps
So he was just supposed to live modestly and behind the scenes because he clearly had people at him for a while they even tried him in different cities. So he couldn’t go eat he couldn’t drive his cars. I mean what was he supposed to do.

Yes. He was supposed to live modestly behind the scenes. But it’s hard for people to imagine doing that because there’s a need to show off and stunt.

This is why I respect 50 cent for having off duty cops with him back in the day. He was shot 9 times and learned a valuable lesson. He didn’t care how it looked to others in the street. Same with Fab, he keeps off duty cops around too.

If I survive 100 shots I’m moving out the country and giving my life to God and breh I’m an atheist.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I’ll say this only one time

if you on the level of a young dolph,, I understand u might love the hood in your city but u have to be aware of your environment especially if I doing interviews or songs about dudes like yo gotti throughout these years because even though yo gotti might not won’t no violence to come head to head, that doesn’t stopped haters in his circle or yo gotti Stan’s to try to harm you..

I remember didn’t that one rapper black youngster in Memphis a year or two ago went arm with some dudes to young dolph neighborhood looking for him

it don’t matter if u in Memphis, ATL, New Orleans, west or east as a rapper not everyone will have love for u so u should just leave that city and come back once in awhile and give back

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
So he was just supposed to live modestly and behind the scenes because he clearly had people at him for a while they even tried him in different cities. So he couldn’t go eat he couldn’t drive his cars. I mean what was he supposed to do.
He was in a state of war. You have to adjust your tactics at war time.

Joe Budden

Banned
Daps
Blending in a Ferrari? Unless you're in Dubai or Monte Carlo, I don't see it. :yeshrug:

Wasn't this dude shot in Hollywood or something?
He was shot everywhere. Which brings me to the question that was on my mind all day yesterday.

In his situation what would I have done. I think I would’ve left the country and retired from music. People really wanted this man dead.

:mjcry:

Joe Budden

Banned
Daps
Look the sheer fact is this. He was damned.
alonzo-mourning-gary-payton.gif

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll say this only one time

if you on the level of a young dolph,, I understand u might love the hood in your city but u have to be aware of your environment especially if I doing interviews or songs about dudes like yo gotti throughout these years because even though yo gotti might not won’t no violence to come head to head, that doesn’t stopped haters in his circle or yo gotti Stan’s to try to harm you..

I remember didn’t that one rapper black youngster in Memphis a year or two ago went arm with some dudes to young dolph neighborhood looking for him

it don’t matter if u in Memphis, ATL, New Orleans, west or east as a rapper not everyone will have love for u so u should just leave that city and come back once in awhile and give back

i mean in this situation even if he left they were on his ass. He was wanted. And someone wanted to collect.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all, RIP to the dead. No disrespect whatsoever...but I'm just finding out dude was 36. I'm an old, early 30-something head and he was older than me when this Gotti BS started. Obviously dudes from his background are going to have a different mentality, but fame and fortune at your fingertips...just drop the BS and live your life. See your kids grow up, damn. Again, not faulting Dolph or excusing his killers, but we know the world we live in and how things can go further than we're actually ready to take them.

And I sincerely hope brehs aren't going to seriously divorce this from hip hop culture. Again, no other music culture has a huge number of popular artists making songs about killing their opposition, shytting on them/fukking their BMs, etc. The popular hip hop culture is fukking toxic. I don't know how any breh who's like 25+ can't recognize it.

I mean...shyt...arguably the two greatest hip hop artists we've ever seen died of violence and for 25+ years artists have been dying over the same kind of shyt. And Pac wasn't some street level dude so we've gotta cut the bullshyt about it all being street beef. The entire culture puts batteries in artist's backs to have and maintain conflict, not back down, etc, etc. shyt is toxic through and through and Juelzing like it isn't...like we don't have nearly a generation of history with this shyt, is mind-blowing to me.

Last edited: