You The REAL MVP: Packers vs Falcons 2016-17 NFC Championship Game

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
How? Beasley and Co got to him in the first game and last I checked GB wasn't missing any OL from that game? Falcons got 3 sacks on ARod. The biggest difference being that Adrian Clayborn won't play but Dwight Freeney will. And if you look at their injury report, they'll be without Jordy and even if Adams, Janis and Allison play they are all severely banged up. Unless we completely collapse we are winning this game

Alright, so your team "got home" on Rodgers, he didn't have Cobb, he didn't have a running game, and he STILL torched y'all for 4 TDs and handed Green Bay a lead in the fourth quarter that their defense coughed up in the closing moments. Meanwhile, your guys don't have Trufant or the dude who got most of the sacks against Green Bay in Clayborn. But yes. I'll give you the fact that Atlanta's defense has played better since that day. Playing the Rams, Browns and Niners along the way will help the cause, but your statement can't be denied. And Atlanta was very impressive against Seattle, who fielded a crippled Legion of Boom and an offensive line that has a harder time preventing penetration than Kim Kardashian does around a black man. Nevertheless, Atlanta handled the fukk out of them, which was more than I figured would happen. The Falcons SHOULD do the same Sunday. Doesn't mean they will.

As it were, Rodgers' level of play has upped considerably (which is the one reason why I took GB to beat an Atlanta team that I have repeatedly said ought to win the game). Green Bay's offensive line is still pretty stout in pass protection. They've found a kid in Montgomery who can give them a little bit on the ground, not to mention that he is a legit receiver out of the backfield. Cook and Richard Rodgers -- who killed Dallas in the Divisional round -- gives GB threats at the tight end position, which based on the numbers, isn't a position that Atlanta defends well. Is it out of the realm of possibility for Rodgers to have a better day than he did then against Atlanta the first time?

The crux of my argument comes down to this: I don't think Atlanta's defense can stop Rodgers and co. from putting up points. Granted, I don't think GB can stop Atlanta's offense either. But I'm picking the team that has the better quarterback.

Last edited:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Alright, so your team "got home" on Rodgers, he didn't have Cobb, he didn't have a running game, and he STILL torched y'all for 4 TDs and handed Green Bay a lead in the fourth quarter that their defense coughed up in the closing moments. Meanwhile, your guys don't have Trufant or the dude who got most of the sacks against Green Bay in Clayborn. But yes. I'll give you the fact that Atlanta's defense has played better since that day. Playing the Rams, Browns and Niners along the way will help the cause, but your statement can't be denied. And Atlanta was very impressive against Seattle, who fielded a crippled Legion of Boom and an offensive line that has a harder time preventing penetration than Kim Kardashian does around a black man. Nevertheless, Atlanta handled the fukk out of them, which was more than I figured would happen. The Falcons SHOULD do the same Sunday. Doesn't mean they will.

As it were, Rodgers' level of play has upped considerably (which is the one reason why I took GB to beat an Atlanta team that I have repeatedly said ought to win the game). Green Bay's offensive line is still pretty stout in pass protection. They've found a kid in Montgomery who can give them a little bit on the ground, not to mention that he is a legit receiver out of the backfield. Cook and Richard Rodgers -- who killed Dallas in the Divisional round -- gives GB threats at the tight end position, which based on the numbers, isn't a position that Atlanta defends well. Is it out of the realm of possibility for Rodgers to not have a better day than he did then against Atlanta?

The crux of my argument comes down to this: I don't think Atlanta's defense can stop Rodgers and co. from putting up points. Granted, I don't think GB can stop Atlanta's offense either. But I'm picking the team that has the better quarterback.

We held ARod to 8 points in the second half of our earlier game from this season. We're healthier, faster and younger than GB's defense. Our defense forces turnovers in bunches. And our QB has been every bit as impressive as A ARod over the last month. If A Rod isn't perfect they have no other ways to win. We play our game and we can beat you in a variety of ways. If I had to bet on a defense to stop one it would EASILY be ours

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
We held ARod to 8 points in the second half of our earlier game from this season. We're healthier, faster and younger than GB's defense. Our defense forces turnovers in bunches. And our QB has been every bit as impressive as A ARod over the last month. If A Rod isn't perfect they have no other ways to win. We play our game and we can beat you in a variety of ways. If I had to bet on a defense to stop one it would EASILY be ours

And that's cool. You'd be right. Based on what each team stands to have available, Atlanta looks like the better team.

All I'm saying is, Aaron Rodgers, at his current level of play, looks matchup proof. I'm not taking "Atlanta will get enough stops" over "Aaron Rodgers will score 30+ and upset the Falcons."

If Atlanta stops him or keeps him under wraps, tag me in the thread. I'll give you rep and this here :salute: and say I was wrong. Makes me no difference.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
And that's cool. You'd be right. Based on what each team stands to have available, Atlanta looks like the better team.

All I'm saying is, Aaron Rodgers, at his current level of play, looks matchup proof. I'm not taking "Atlanta will get enough stops" over "Aaron Rodgers will score 30+ and upset the Falcons."

If Atlanta stops him or keeps him under wraps, tag me in the thread. I'll give you rep and this here :salute: and say I was wrong. Makes me no difference.

And I don't see how this GB team makes ANY stops on our offense...and that's if they were healthy. I still don't see how they stop us defensively, i see ways we can slow down ARod

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing that worries me is the Packers injuries just keep mounting upOtherwise I have no doubt it's gonna be a shootout.

Explosive offenses against bad defenses should equal a 38-35 game

But because of the injuries I favor the Falcons

The Packers on defense are so thin now. The Cowboys at the last week were moving the ball at will by the 4th quarter and the Falcons have a better offense/Qb then Dallas

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Aaron throwing shots, someone asked him about the Dome and he said "Yeah it gets pretty loud in there but it remains to be seen if it's natural or not"

:pacspit: