You look like u like white girls

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My problem is they can barely know the dude and just judge him based off initial appearances.

It's almost like Black Americans have a code attire and if you don't fit one of the archetypes you are rejected outright from Blackness.

It's absurd and I don't really know any other culture or group on the planet like this.

I don't think its my attire, i've always assumed its my accent. :yeshrug:

Daps
I don't think its my attire, i've always assumed its my accent. :yeshrug:

Yes accent for me was also an issue - More so the lack thereof...

I don't sound like a typical NYC gully dude so that is a turn off for many Black Women here.

They need a dude that sounds like he has a persistent chest infection and can't pronounce his R's or T's correctly. :russ:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes accent for me was also an issue - More so the lack thereof...

I don't sound like a typical NYC gully dude so that is a turn off for many Black Women here.

They need a dude that sounds like he has a persistent chest infection and can't pronounce his R's or T's correctly. :russ:

Damn breh :mjlol:

I was really self-conscious of my accent when I was young.
If you've ever heard Nigerian children talk you'll know what I mean.

We all (my older siblings and I, not my younger ones) had very strong accents and nobody could understand a word we were saying.
Was extremely frustrating.

So I did everything I could to Americanize my accent.

Its funny now that i'm older I have no desire to sound American and cant believe it mattered so much to me in lower and middle school.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Anybody else remember the Donald Glover baby mama thread and Luke Cage white wife thread.

The past is prologue:wow:

Daps
Damn breh :mjlol:

I was really self-conscious of my accent when I was young.
If you've ever heard Nigerian children talk you'll know what I mean.

We all (my older siblings and I, not my younger ones) had very strong accents and nobody could understand a word we were saying.
Was extremely frustrating.

So I did everything I could to Americanize my accent.

Its funny now that i'm older I have no desire to sound American and cant believe it mattered so much to me in lower and middle school.

Isn't it funny that Whites will treat you better if they know you are African by the accent???

There is a whole deep dive into that but the fact remains if an African American were to ask for a job and his name is Nkwele Ukbo (just making shyt up here) and he walks into a Pizza place asking for a managerial position in a Nigerian or Caribbean accent I bet he'd get it faster than a brotha named Tyrone Clark with a Brooklyn accent.

Africans are perceived similar to Japanese by Whites - Hard working and smart.

Daps
never happen to me

but i seen the women who says that to dudes and it is usually women with no men or with broke nikkas

So the problem is....Statistically 72% of all Black Mothers have no Man....

Are yall seeing the connection now between this dynamic and the wider problem within our community of the types of Men that BW choose on average.

Why do you have on one side of the aisle "You look like you date White girls", on the other side "nikkas ain't shyt" who somehow end up being the Fathers of most of these kids. And in the middle there is the Coli, most of which in a prior survey were revealed to not be getting consistent booty nor do they have children. (I also see a plethora of childless single Black Men on Facebook in multiple groups)

Clearly there is a wider issue in our community that people refuse to admit or address.

It is almost like there is a grand canyon and successful Black Men and Women are standing on opposite sides of the canyon and refuse to join hands as they watch the fukkery down in the depths below between ratchet Black Women and ghetto Black Men.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Isn't it funny that Whites will treat you better if they know you are African by the accent???

There is a whole deep dive into that but the fact remains if an African American were to ask for a job and his name is Nkwele Ukbo (just making shyt up here) and he walks into a Pizza place asking for a managerial position in a Nigerian or Caribbean accent I bet he'd get it faster than a brotha named Tyrone Clark with a Brooklyn accent.

Africans are perceived similar to Japanese by Whites - Hard working and smart.

:whoa:

hol up.

White people still treat me like shyt.
And i'm not saying that I get treated badly by the majority of black women, I actually do just fine with most.

Just saying that I do hear the occasional "You must like white girls", and those people I ignore.

I do agree with your second point, no one is treated worse than black AA in America.

White people love their token afric00ns

Daps
When I worked at Ala St some chick who I wasn't even talking about said that to me when I was joking with me friend.
To that I said she looks like she is the type to have 3 different baby daddys and she got mad and walked away

It's something I really don't get. This situation happens a lot. A Black Man laughing it up with another Brother. All of a sudden a Black Woman comes up says something negative or seriously reaching for some bullshyt.

It could be a juvenile way of flirting but it's just too fukking bizarre to use that line to flirt with a Black Man knowing that shyt will just push us further away (they claim we all dating out anyways).

Daps
:whoa:

hol up.

White people still treat me like shyt.
And i'm not saying that I get treated badly by the majority of black women, I actually do just fine with most.

Just saying that I do hear the occasional "You must like white girls", and those people I ignore.

I do agree with your second point, no one is treated worse than black AA in America.

White people love their token afric00ns

White people still treat you worse than Patel but you are considered a step up above us if you lay the "Afrikaness" or whatever you wanna call it on thick.

You don't necessarily have to be a token Afric00n but based on how well Nigerian Americans do well in school this fuels the positive perception in relation to African Americans who de-emphasize studious activities in children and focus more on athletics.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They used to have thread after thread about this. According to the Coli, you are assumed to date white men if you have natural hair and/or wear a septum ring.

agree-nod.gif