You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
In addition, it sort of makes Devin Smith a waste of a pick. Fitz can't get him the ball. Yet another 2nd rounder down the tubes.

fwiw was just listening to Francesa in the car and he had Urban on...I guess he considered Devin Smith the best punt gunner he's ever coached. With how bad are Special Teams have been...why not? Start boosting his confidence that way.

Slater on the Pats is a huge part of what they do. He was out yesterday too.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
fwiw was just listening to Francesa in the car and he had Urban on...I guess he considered Devin Smith the best punt gunner he's ever coached. With how bad are Special Teams have been...why not? Start boosting his confidence that way.

Slater on the Pats is a huge part of what they do. He was out yesterday too.
I don't think confidence is an issue. Fitz arm just sucks.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Some good info...

The first is the New York Jets, who stay at No. 5 despite their loss to the Patriots. We've been driving the Jets' bandwagon since the preseason but even we didn't think the offense could be this good. Yes, I just said the New York Jets offense was "good." That's not a misprint. The Jets are currently ranked sixth in offensive DVOA. Sixth! Now, don't get too carried away by that ranking, because there's a huge gap between the top four offenses and the bottom 27 offenses. (Pittsburgh is in the middle at No. 5, but of course they are likely to end the season higher with Roethlisberger returning.) The gap in DVOA between the Packers at No. 4 and the Jets at No. 6 is larger than the gap between the Jets and the Eagles at No. 23. Still, sixth! And it's not all about the run: the Jets are sixth passing and 15th running the ball. Ryan Fitzpatrick is getting great protection, and he has great receivers, but he's also having the best season of his career.

After opponent adjustments, the Patriots ended up with 28.1% DVOA for this week's game. The Jets, because the adjustments for playing the Patriots are so strong, are even higher at 34.1%. I don't have time to go back and check every single-game DVOA rating going back to 1989, but I'm going to guess that has to be one of the highest combined totals for single-game DVOA ever. I hope that fans came out of watching that Patriots-Jets game with a proper respect for how good the Jets are this year. It's hard to win the division when you're two games behind the best team in the league, but the current playoff odds report gives the Jets a 72 percent chance to win a wild card (83 percent to make the playoffs either way).

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
Chris owusu has another concussion. Just release him. Had hopes but iI never see it coming true. Stays hurt